Bad news, boys | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bad news, boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Even more disturbing - that happened ten years ago and both of us still remember it. God knows what actually vital information has been shoved out of our brains to make room for it.

For the record, I was right.

2004. Championship. Taliek. Scoreboard. I win.
I still maintain that Taliek was merely a serviceable point guard who didn't get in the way of an insanely talented group of players winning a National Championship. And when I was in San Antonio, convinced that I was having a cardiac event during the semi-final against Duke, I thought and said some very bad things about him that I have since allowed myself to forget. Yep, we all win with Championships.

Reaction Score
I still maintain that Taliek was merely a serviceable point guard who didn't get in the way of an insanely talented group of players winning a National Championship. And when I was in San Antonio, convinced that I was having a cardiac event during the semi-final against Duke, I thought and said some very bad things about him that I have since allowed myself to forget. Yep, we all win with Championships.

Taliek was an outstanding defensive point guard. And if point guard play wins you championships, which it does, then it should be obvious that defending the other team's point is just as critical. It's not a coincidence that all 3 of our championship teams had guards (Taliek, Ricky Moore and Shabazz) who could really stick an opponents PG.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Taliek was an outstanding defensive point guard. And if point guard play wins you championships, which it does, then it should be obvious that defending the other team's point is just as critical. It's not a coincidence that all 3 of our championship teams had guards (Taliek, Ricky Moore and Shabazz) who could really stick an opponents PG.
Agreed. I came to appreciate that in him over the years, as he improved that aspect of his play. But his offensive play nearly killed us. And it almost lost that semi-final for us. He worked his ass off and played hard all the time, and I respect that. But he was a liability on offense, and it wasn't really until Ben stepped up when Emeka went down in the BET that Ben's offense became consistent enough to carry the load required to make up for that in a Championship run. Rash was key in that run, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom