Bad news, boys | The Boneyard

Bad news, boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I've kind of surveyed the landscape and have decided that I'm just too good a poster for a Big East board. I'm actually too good for an ACC board, but I would have made do.

I don't know what kind of people post on an East Carolina or Tulane message board, but I'm sure on my worst day I'm still a thousand miles over them. I just cannot take a chance on sullying the Fishy brand that I've built up.

So, if things don't change for UConn, I'm going to have to seek greener pastures. Can anyone get me an interview with a PAC-12 board? Or maybe Texas? Call me.

Reaction Score
I've kind of surveyed the landscape and have decided that I'm just too good a poster for a Big East board. I'm actually too good for an ACC board, but I would have made do.

I don't know what kind of people post on an East Carolina or Tulane message board, but I'm sure on my worst day I'm still a thousand miles over them. I just cannot take a chance on sullying the Fishy brand that I've built up.

So, if things don't change for UConn, I'm going to have to seek greener pastures. Can anyone get me an interview with a PAC-12 board? Or maybe Texas? Call me.

You could just leave. Can I give you two or three names to take with you?

I do ask, however, that your farewell post be a reprint of your post the day after the St John's hotel room incident. Still the funniest piece ever posted on the Boneyard.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I actually don't remember that post.

Between us, I'm putting in a good word for you - I think you got a shot at getting out of here, too.

I fully expect HFD to split off, start his own message board and ultimately, create a new language that only he and people addicted to prescription drugs will understand.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This thread is my moment of clarity. I actually, somewhere subconsciously for a split second, was afraid of the notion of Fishy, BL and HFD leaving the boneyard. I am officially mindf***ed.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This thread is my moment of clarity. I actually, somewhere subconsciously for a split second, was afraid of the notion of Fishy, BL and HFD leaving the boneyard. I am officially mindf***ed.

Look, this is going to be hard on all of us.

But, I'm a national brand.

I've registered for a Dallas Cowboys' board. Once the moderator grants me permission, I'll be leaving.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score

I've registered for a Dallas Cowboys' board. Once the moderator grants me permission, I'll be leaving.
Wait a minute - you'd be going from a mod here on this board to a regular joe poster on that other board. Is that really what you want? I mean, we might not have half the posters on our board and the ad revenue kinda sucks, but they've got some witty heavies like BiggerInTexas54 and DontHaveACowGirl. I don't think you'll be able to keep up.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Wait a minute - you'd be going from a mod here on this board to a regular joe poster on that other board. Is that really what you want? I mean, we might not have half the posters on our board and the ad revenue kinda sucks, but they've got some witty heavies like BiggerInTexas54 and DontHaveACowGirl. I don't think you'll be able to keep up.

He's willing to get less "likes" for higher paying ads. No more of the "You've won!" ad...he's going to be posting next to a big Sonic picture...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
ecu fans have a "boneyard" also fyi.

Reaction Score
I actually don't remember that post.

Between us, I'm putting in a good word for you - I think you got a shot at getting out of here, too.

I fully expect HFD to split off, start his own message board and ultimately, create a new language that only he and people addicted to prescription drugs will understand.

I could still quote you portions of it. It was from the days before you had kids when you used to be funny.

The "I didn't rape her -- she's just a hooker whom I didn't pay defense" may work fine in a court of law, but it's not as effective when delivered to the President of a Catholic school trying to determine if big time basketball is going to work for his school" line was great. It's worth looking up and reposting one day.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
God, I forgot about that St. John's hooker deal.

That whole situation was the universe giving UConn fans a present. (The universe has since stopped doing so.)

PS - For the record, I have only have one kid and she thinks I'm very funny. Her mother isn't quite as sure.

Reaction Score

The Dallass Cowboys???????????? I thought you were the other Minnesota Viking fan in the northeast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Biz, you're starting to sound like UConn trying to convince 'Cuse to stick around by waxing nostalgic about the good ol' days when 'Cuse had a good basketball program, and before it became known that banging the assistant coach's dog, I mean wife, was a rite of passage.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I won't be posting here anymore either. Today I called the B1G offices and asked to speak to Jim Delany. I just wanted his opinion as to why UConn was getting the end of the stick. Surprisingly, he took my call and we had a 20 minute wide ranging conversation. He ended up offering me a position with the conference which I've tentatively accepted. We'll chat again tomorrow and I expect to accept his offer. By doing so, I'll need to recuse myself from participating here although I'll advocate for the university we all know and love.

Reaction Score
Biz, you're starting to sound like UConn trying to convince 'Cuse to stick around by waxing nostalgic about the good ol' days when 'Cuse had a good basketball program, and before it became known that banging the assistant coach's dog, I mean wife, was a rite of passage.

Huh? Did HFD start typing on your keyboard?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Huh? Did HFD start typing on your keyboard?
My lame attempt to equate your gushing over Fishy's past success here as an attempt to make him stay, a la UConn when 'Cuse left.

Sorry, I'm off my posting game today. Actually, I'm here, so I probably never had game to begin with.

Reaction Score
My lame attempt to equate your gushing over Fishy's past success here as an attempt to make him stay, a la UConn when 'Cuse left.

Sorry, I'm off my posting game today. Actually, I'm here, so I probably never had game to begin with.

You missed my main point. Fishy can go. It's not like we would be losing the Fishy in his prime in the Boneyard's early days.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

You think that you are going, however temery has been making a case that he actually is a better poster. Sure, he doesn't have the measurables - lower post count, few likes, but he's made the case that he is a poster on the rise. I have it on good authority that moderators of the Cowboys board will meet to decide 1) whether they have room for another poster, I mean there is only so much bandwidth; 2) if they do indeed need another poster which of the two of you should get in and 3) whether to merge with Tulane board (I don't understand the reasoning here but it is an agenda item.)

-Mhavrcl82

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I won't be posting here anymore either. Today I called the B1G offices and asked to speak to Jim Delany. I just wanted his opinion as to why UConn was getting the ****ty end of the stick. Surprisingly, he took my call and we had a 20 minute wide ranging conversation. He ended up offering me a position with the conference which I've tentatively accepted. We'll chat again tomorrow and I expect to accept his offer. By doing so, I'll need to recuse myself from participating here although I'll advocate for the university we all know and love.
Congrats, it took onions to do that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You missed my main point. Fishy can go. It's not like we would be losing the Fishy in his prime in the Boneyard's early days.
Ah. Got it. Yeah, smooshed duckies and all.

A personal favorite of mine was when I complained about Taliek, in his sophomore year I think. Fishy lectured me with an analogy to acclimating one's "undercarriage" in a hot bath. I have no idea what his point was, but I was so disturbed by the image he conjured that I didn't post again for several months.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You think that you are going, however temery has been making a case that he actually is a better poster. Sure, he doesn't have the measurables - lower post count, few likes, but he's made the case that he is a poster on the rise. I have it on good authority that moderators of the Cowboys board will meet to decide 1) whether they have room for another poster, I mean there is only so much bandwidth; 2) if they do indeed need another poster which of the two of you should get in and 3) whether to merge with Tulane board (I don't understand the reasoning here but it is an agenda item.)

-Mhavrcl82

CL82@UCD97 Temery edging out Fishy in race to the Cowboys board, being held up by one vote.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ah. Got it. Yeah, smooshed duckies and all.

A personal favorite of mine was when I complained about Taliek, in his sophomore year I think. Fishy lectured me with an analogy to acclimating one's "undercarriage" in a hot bath. I have no idea what his point was, but I was so disturbed by the image he conjured that I didn't post again for several months.

Even more disturbing - that happened ten years ago and both of us still remember it. God knows what actually vital information has been shoved out of our brains to make room for it.

For the record, I was right.

2004. Championship. Taliek. Scoreboard. I win.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The Dallass Cowboys???????????? I thought you were the other Minnesota Viking fan in the northeast.

God, now I really am depressed.

Around midweek, I generally forget I'm a Vikings' fan long enough to actually have a little hope creep into my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom