Bad game plan and no adjustments against Maryland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bad game plan and no adjustments against Maryland

Reaction Score
Not directed to you Kitman... You mean why didn't I...? I initially searched but decided to start my own since those seem to be buried below more recent threads. Is there a rule you can't start a new one. Like I always said years ago. You don't like it, don't read it! Why punish yourself by reading something you don't want to read and then waste time complaining about it, not to mention completely derailing the entire thread when others might want to stay on the topic.

Things just never change on the Yard, do they?!?!
Nah the post was directed to the poster who wanted to put a spoon in his eye. Not at you.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I'm going to carve my eyes out with a spoon if I have to read one more syllable about the game. Especially when everyone is saying the same thing.
fine, i'll say something different.
(post selection conversation)
manegurl: so, who we playing?
me: maryland.
mg: are they good?
me: no, we should murdelize them.
mg: where's the game? did we or maryland play there this season?
me: we didn't but they have...wait, whut? hmmm....you wouldn't know a jumpshot from a jumprope! get away from me!
(final fgs: md 22/43, us 21/65, 9/39 in first half)
Men's Basketball vs Purdue on 12/25/2020 - Box Score - University of Maryland Athletics (umterps.com)
sometimes, a smart alec can actually be smart.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One thing that I have noticed about the Zags, Wolverines, Bama....they don't waste 15 seconds dribbling aimlessly around before they get into their set or run their play...they start early and put pressure on the defense.
Oates’s system is based on Popovich’s, which requires each player to decide with .5 seconds of getting the ball whether to shoot, pass or drive.

Reaction Score
I've coached a couple sports with some success, but my success was due to having had great players and putting them in positions to succeed. I realized I wasn't a great coach when opposing coaches made adjustments (especially at halftime) and I wasn't good at adjusting. THOSE were great coaches. That's where real coaching comes in, and I failed miserably. I've regretted some games because my poor coaching didn't give my players a chance. I stay in my lane now: Second-guessing professional coaching on message boards..... ?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Also Bama can flat out shoot the hell out of the ball, especially from deep. They have a lot of scorers and can do things UConn can't do or at least do consistently.
This is the answer as to why we didn't spread the floor when Bama did. We could have put 5 guys at the halfcourt and Maryland would have packed the paint and smiled at us. We didn't have range required to spread 'em.

Reaction Score
I'm going to carve my eyes out with a spoon if I have to read one more syllable about the game. Especially when everyone is saying the same thing.
then don't read it.... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Suggestion....

Dip the spoon in olive oil before eye gouging...much smoother process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom