OT: - "Bad foods!" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: "Bad foods!"

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I throw my hat in the ring with those who pick bacon and ice cream...and I raise you one Italian sausage.
Thank god for the unclean pig!

Oh yeah, grill spicy Italian sausage with pasta.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
9 words.

Banana cream pie.

Sweet potato pie.

Red velvet cake.

Mercy.

Reaction Score
Buffalo Wings....I could eat them everyday!
Come on Buffalo's don't have wings--someone is pulling your legs-
We had a herd of Buffalo, on Buffalo rd, and i never saw one set of wings---my god young man, can you imagine how big the wings would have to be to transport a buffalo???
In this part of Virginia --dipped and bbq'ed chicken wings are sold --really tiny things, nothing to them except bone and bb sauce.

Reaction Score
Sprinkled with parmesan and romano

I like the really hard cheese, got it often on 9th st Philly, grate it fresh on the pasta with strong gravy flowing over the side--home made everything, including meat balls OR sausage.
The best gravy I ever had was made by an old REAL Italian Grandma--perfection, smooth, unbelievable

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Come on Buffalo's don't have wings--someone is pulling your legs-
We had a herd of Buffalo, on Buffalo rd, and i never saw one set of wings---my god young man, can you imagine how big the wings would have to be to transport a buffalo???
In this part of Virginia --dipped and bbq'ed chicken wings are sold --really tiny things, nothing to them except bone and bb sauce.

Teresa.png

Just in case...why they are called Buffalo Wings

History

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sigh. Now if only pigs had wings.

Oh! The yum of it.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Perry's Oregon Blackberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

Reaction Score
Teresa.png

History
She ain't got no Wings --and she ain't no buffalo. Try again!!

This is my fav time of the year Squash and Zucchini and tomatoes by the bushels--gave away near 140 pounds of Zucchini to the local food bank--and have more coming.
The tomatoes are ripening enough to blanch, skin, slice and dice and boil down the liquid. I grow my own spices--and variants --sage, rosemary , thyme, oregano, Basil-, tarragon, etc
add thyme-rosemary early and later add onion (from my garden) and peppers --which were browned in olive oil--and boil it down --add the oregano and basil- and "can" in glass jars.
I usually add paste just before the pasta is ready to thicken the gravy--salt and pepper and cheese in the pot , to taste. love it.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Bout to go make some bacon... got a fresh package waiting.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
She ain't got no Wings --and she ain't no buffalo. Try again!!

This is my fav time of the year Squash and Zucchini and tomatoes by the bushels--gave away near 140 pounds of Zucchini to the local food bank--and have more coming.
The tomatoes are ripening enough to blanch, skin, slice and dice and boil down the liquid. I grow my own spices--and variants --sage, rosemary , thyme, oregano, Basil-, tarragon, etc
add thyme-rosemary early and later add onion (from my garden) and peppers --which were browned in olive oil--and boil it down --add the oregano and basil- and "can" in glass jars.
I usually add paste just before the pasta is ready to thicken the gravy--salt and pepper and cheese in the pot , to taste. love it.

Sorry, I am totally confused by your response. I do agree she is not a buffalo, but I just thought the history of the Anchor bar in Buffalo might be if interest. My mistake.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I am totally confused by your response. I do agree she is not a buffalo, but I just thought the history of the Anchor bar in Buffalo might be if interest. My mistake.
No mistake---I appreciated the story and it WAS interesting to me--thank you.
I apologize that my attempt at humor, as happen more than I like, came out less than intended.
Again, if there was a mistake--it was mine.

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Teresa.png

History[/QUOTE]

No mistake---I appreciated the story and it WAS interesting to me--thank you.
I apologize that my attempt at humor, as happen more than I like, came out less than intended.
Again, if there was a mistake--it was mine.

I have previously read this history and think she lucked into the GOAT wing sauce. The medium blend has the best flavor IMO. Fried wings with salt and onion powder then coated with Anchor Bar sauce is one of lifetime's best treats.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom