OT: "Bad foods!"

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
exit.gif

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Bacon isn't hurting anyone unless you're eating pounds of it weekly. It's been proven over and over again that empty carbs are far worse than fatty proteins.

For me, every now and then I have to dive into a bag of Wise potato chips. I've cut them out for the most part - and have lost 18 lbs since Feb - but the Wise jones is always there, lurking in the background.

Reaction Score
What's the number one "bad" food that you won't give up?

My #1 choice is . . . . . . BACON!!!

Using the current psychological process--not wanting to cause harm to the tiny ones---

THERE ARE NO ----BAD FOODS----WE ARE TOLD WE ARE NOT TO LIKE WHAT THEY DO.

OR-----THERE ARE NO ---BAD FOODS---ONLY BAD USERS..

THEN THERE ARE THE BODIES ===that accept the most horrible overly fatty, fried, BBQ'ed, baked, boiled --and their cholesterol is miles below mine.

Reaction Score
Bacon isn't hurting anyone unless you're eating pounds of it weekly. It's been proven over and over again that empty carbs are far worse than fatty proteins.

For me, every now and then I have to dive into a bag of Wise potato chips. I've cut them out for the most part - and have lost 18 lbs since Feb - but the Wise jones is always there, lurking in the background.
Sold Wise products for 8 years so I agree. Just walked out to my truck in the driveway,lol. Sold Snyder pretzels too. Should have stuck with them,lol.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Oscar Meyer... Bacon! and not that "turkey" bacon crap that some talk about

Turkey bacon = fake food...it's not really bacon. Recently I've noticed somebody is selling a brand of bacon made from beef. The price is astronomical, and it looks really nasty in the package. I think the fat content is also off the charts, even more than regular bacon.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
There are no bad foods there is only bad impulse control.

I have a pet peeve of people dramatically declaring that they can't have junk food around them. "Somebody finish that last slice of pizza, I can't have it around or I'll eat it!" Sure. This was said by my roommate whose diet already consists of mostly pizza and bourbon.

Another friend declared that she couldn't bring leftover cupcakes home or her husband would be upset. Your fitness nut husband won't gain ten pounds by merely being in the same residence as a cupcake.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

I cant give up the lightly salted Lays

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I have a pet peeve of people dramatically declaring that they can't have junk food around them. "Somebody finish that last slice of pizza, I can't have it around or I'll eat it!" Sure. This was said by my roommate whose diet already consists of mostly pizza and bourbon.

Another friend declared that she couldn't bring leftover cupcakes home or her husband would be upset. Your fitness nut husband won't gain ten pounds by merely being in the same residence as a cupcake.

You seem to refer to a pizza and bourbon diet as a bad thing. It's not!

We need look no further than former Golden Domer defensive coordinator and UConn HC Bobby Diaco to illustrate your point. After being hired as the defensive coordinator for Nebraska, somebody was kind enough to provide cupcakes for the entire football staff in Lincoln. Crazy Bobby decided his staff members apparently shouldn't be eating cupcakes, so he threw them all in the trash before anybody could eat one. It's not like his office or even field staff members have to stay in great shape to do their jobs or anything. This guy is certifiably insane.

Reaction Score

WOW --if that actually happened --by having ice cream or cakes around---I'd be pushing 350 points--(less than half that is my current av)
I rarely eat in excess--can't run--but walk a lot --eat fewer "meals" --eat periodic snacks--and yes Cake and ice cream--
2 years ago--eating an ice cream product 4 times or more per day, during the fall and winter, i jumped past 190---SHOCk--and stopped the goody runs.

Reaction Score
Until I interviewed at Pepsi Headquarters (many many) years ago (when they still owned Frito-Lay), I had no idea that "salty snacks" was an actual "food group". I have "problems" with the entire food group. It MIGHT be an Irish thing.

Reaction Score
everything above, plus foie gras: the ultimate sinful (in every way) food, so I struggle with this, not only for health reasons, but for humanitarian ones.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
From Consumer's Reports:

rating ice cream - let's face it everyone (who doesn't have ibs) loves it!

Taste. Among vanillas, Ben & Jerry’s and Häagen-Dazs are the clear winners: dense and creamy, with intense dairy flavor and complex, high-quality vanilla flavor. A runner-up, Talenti, is quite sweet and a bit icy, with a fruity-floral vanilla flavor typical of Tahitian vanilla.

Mint Chip:
  • Häagen-Dazs
  • Dreyer’s/Edy’s Grand
  • Dreyer’s/Edy’s Slow Churned
Fudge Brownie (who really likes this?)
  • Ben & Jerry’s
  • Dreyer’s/Edy’s Grand
  • Good & Delish Royal (Walgreens)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

I have no problem with people like that. I just help them out and grab that last piece of pizza or take home a 1/2 cupcakes for them. Anything I can do to help. I'm a freaking humanitarian don't you know.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I have no problem with people like that. I just help them out and grab that last piece of pizza or take home a 1/2 cupcakes for them. Anything I can do to help. I'm a freaking humanitarian don't you know.

I mean, I do the same thing. It's the phoniness that bothers me. Guess I'm a regular Holden Caulfield.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I mean, I do the same thing. It's the phoniness that bothers me. Guess I'm a regular Holden Caulfield.
I can deal with phony people for free pizza and cupcakes. It's their problem if they don't want to eat, not mine. (ok, yea it is my problem too, since I do eat it, but, well...)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom