Back to Precious | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Back to Precious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am probably in the minority here, but I am not as concerned with Precious as I am Akok Akok and a big. He would be icing on the cake, but with out him, we will still have a top 15 class, and everyone will probably be here at least two years.

We will be in on Precious till the very end, so we will always have a chance, but right now I am more concerned with locking up 2 of Wahab, Akok, and Mitchell.
Wait are we out on Kofi?

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Penny is in the midst of the "Well, he was an NBA guy so I'm sure he can make me an NBA guy too!" honeymoon phase that we saw our former coach experience. After that, much like we saw here, it's going to all about player development.

I hope he succeeds (just...you know...not on Precious), but it will be interesting to see what happens once some of the sizzle wears off.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Penny is in the midst of the "Well, he was an NBA guy so I'm sure he can make me an NBA guy too!" honeymoon phase that we saw our former coach experience. After that, much like we saw here, it's going to all about player development.

I hope he succeeds (just...you know...not on Precious), but it will be interesting to see what happens once some of the sizzle wears off.

If it turns out he can actually coach, there's no reason for the sizzle to wear off. If he ends up limited to spewing Pennyisms, then yeah, the charcoal will grow cold and the sizzlin' will stop.

Reaction Score

I’m not sure, Ollie got recruits more likely because of a national championship, not his nba status. Pennys stardom definitely is a big factor, but bigger thing is his connections to Memphis area. Also says a lot about how he connects with high school kids, if he was previously pulling all these top recruits to play for his aau team.

He’s at least a better coach than Mullen (who is understandably dampening lots of peoples opinion’s on ex-nba stars as coaches). At least Penny has been putting in the effort recruiting and actually seems like he cares about the basketball team.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Losing Precious to Memphis would be a disaster

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He’s going to Memphis’ first night not buying a house there.

Do people expect these kids to just never visit any other schools?

This board can’t handle October. We go a week without hearing anything either positive or negative about Kofi and I’ve seen a bunch of people ready to give up on him too. Come on now...

Reaction Score
I’m glad the only schools he’s visiting are AAC schools. Says a lot about the conference when a player of his 5* caliber says I wanna go to here.

Reaction Score
So that hurts us now, right? Someone mentioned UNC will be on him or was that said to be false?
In theory sure. Could also depend on their priorities on who they want. Could make an all out push for Wendell Moore now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom