Back to Practice! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Back to Practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hope we win but if we lose it will be the best lost I've ever felt at UConn!

And yes to me that would qualify as a moral victory in my book. Would be the first one in program history.

Reaction Score
Chief would like to believe putting a little heat on Dave and the CT Health Commissioner helped clear a path for these adjustments. But it’s unimportant how this came to be, the important thing is it happened. We need even more flexibility going forward. Therefore, Chief also put a little bird in the Governor’s ear how we can’t play sports competitively under this oppressive Commissioner. Thus far, contact tracing has not traced one outbreak to actually playing a game.

This is, undoubtedly, the leader in the clubhouse for the "Most Chief00-y Post of All Time". Spit out my coffee reading it!!!

Reaction Score
How much will we jump in the KenPom (currently # 48) simply by playing Creighton (#11)?

There will be a KenPom spread: an expectation of many points a team will win or lose by. If UConn does better than expectation they will move up. If UConn does work than KenPom spread they move down. Just playing Crieghton alone won't move them up. So as an example if it's Creighton -3, UConn needs to lose by less than 3 or win outright to move up.

Reaction Score
Wow. Give the kid a break, he's in critical condition in the ICU.
Sorry what? You think I’m being insensitive? I was pointing out to someone saying in essence “let the whole team get COVID” that it’s insensitive because a kid passed out and is in critical condition and he had a bout with COVID earlier in the year

Reaction Score
It's eerie how it mirrors the Hank Gathers incident. Hank had just finished a an ally opp and was going back up the court when he collapsed. Keyontae had just finished an alley-opp, the Gators called TO and he was walking back up the court with no sign of difficulty and just fell without trying to break his fall in any way. Very, very scary stuff. Hope for a complete and speedy recovery.

Reaction Score
Sorry what? You think I’m being insensitive? I was pointing out to someone saying in essence “let the whole team get COVID” that it’s insensitive because a kid passed out and is in critical condition and he had a bout with COVID earlier in the year
They may all get it anyways so getting it over with would be advantageous than to spread it out. Not trying to be insensitive as we have no way of knowing the incident is related to previously having COVID-19

Reaction Score
Get your facts straight.

"It's unclear if Johnson's condition is connected to COVID-19, or if he had previously tested positive. "

DeJarnett, his grandfather, told USA TODAY Sports he did not know whether Johnson ever suffered from the virus.

"I know that there was some of the times when some of the team was quarantined, yes. I don’t know if he was one of them or not," DeJarnett said."

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Get your facts straight.

"It's unclear if Johnson's condition is connected to COVID-19, or if he had previously tested positive. "

DeJarnett, his grandfather, told USA TODAY Sports he did not know whether Johnson ever suffered from the virus.

"I know that there was some of the times when some of the team was quarantined, yes. I don’t know if he was one of them or not," DeJarnett said."
We know he had COVID.

This article is saying it's unknown based on his grandfather say he was not sure.

Get your facts straight.

Reaction Score
We know he had COVID.

This article is saying it's unknown based on his grandfather say he was not sure.

Get your facts straight.
The two references I posted are not related to his grandfather's assertion. The first one separately states that it was not publicly confirmed by anyone that he tested positive. The full quote:

"It's unclear if Johnson's condition is connected to COVID-19, or if he had previously tested positive. Florida had to pause team activities last month because of positive COVID-19 tests, and coach Mike White said the team also had previous issues, but details were not released because of privacy laws."

While there are articles which state he tested positive, but most reference this AP story, which does not cite an actual source that confirms he tested positive. Whereas, USA Today above cites a family member and the lack of a release from the school.

The point here is let's not hijack this extremely tragic situation to make (or refute) a tangential argument when it's not even clear the two situations are related.

Reaction Score
I heard on the radio driving home he’s been place in a medically induced coma hoping this kid recovers, way too scary for the young man.

Reaction Score
We know he had COVID.

Get your facts straight.

Not safe to breath the air yet, close the bunker door.

Reaction Score
There will be a KenPom spread: an expectation of many points a team will win or lose by. If UConn does better than expectation they will move up. If UConn does work than KenPom spread they move down. Just playing Crieghton alone won't move them up. So as an example if it's Creighton -3, UConn needs to lose by less than 3 or win outright to move up.
Kenpom currently has it at Creighton -1, so we likely won't move up unless we win. I'd expect the Vegas line to open bigger than that. Probably Creighton -3.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
This is, undoubtedly, the leader in the clubhouse for the "Most Chief00-y Post of All Time". Spit out my coffee reading it!!!
And not in a good way.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Seems like we haven't played in months... that's what it feels like when watching the other teams play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom