Back to Practice! | The Boneyard

Back to Practice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We desperately need Creighton to stay healthy as well. Hopefully their protocols for the next week will be just as strict as ours.

Let’s not forget, Vandy had to cancel on us even before we had it in our own organization.
They have 2 games between now and then, home and away, so let's hope for the best. I'm more worried about what we are going to look like after all this time off, with the first quarantine too. Must be difficult to get that cauldron of intensity brewing again, but I hope hurley can do it.

Reaction Score
UConn men return to practice Sunday, will remain in ‘modified quarantine’ this week

Coach Dan Hurley said last week it is likely the Huskies will not be able to play more nonconfernce games this season, so the focus will be on getting 20 Big East games in. Most campuses, including UConn, are clear of most students with no in-person classes until late January, so the Big East, for now, is sticking to with on-campus games. The possibility of moving all teams into a bubble setting, like Mohegan Sun, is for future consideration.
After Creighton, UConn has a game at DePaul on Dec. 23, but that game is in question as DePaul is in a suspension.

The Huskies’ first positive test on Nov. 5 involved one player. This second shutdown was prompted by a player and a non-tier-one individual testing positive on Dec. 6.

Reaction Score
Surprised we can’t lineup up a local game Friday night to get ready for a top team.

Do we have that option? Seems reasonable we can clear our guys by Wed after 10 days of testing.

Reaction Score
Crazy to think they will have enough time to be prepped for Creighton without playing for so long and hardly practicing. It’s everything that makes this season so crazy. I mean these guys weren’t ready for Creighton 10-12 days ago.

I guess ya never know.

Reaction Score
Beggars can't be choosers, but how strange is it that we are now playing Creighton for our return to the Big East? I know it's not the Big East of old, but It looks like it will be a little while before things start to look familiar again.

Reaction Score
So two players have had COVID to date? 11 players to go and they’ll achieve team immunity. Might as well go for it.

Reaction Score
So two players have had COVID to date? 11 players to go and they’ll achieve team immunity. Might as well go for it.

Yeah that seems to have worked out well for the kid on Florida, right?

Reaction Score
We desperately need Creighton to stay healthy as well. Hopefully their protocols for the next week will be just as strict as ours.

Let’s not forget, Vandy had to cancel on us even before we had it in our own organization.
Seems elementary, but there should be 1-2 backup games for each scheduled game. We seem less prepared than other schools.

Reaction Score
How much will we jump in the KenPom (currently # 48) simply by playing Creighton (#11)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom