B1G | Page 4 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How reliable is that RUlookingatme poster that stated Rutgers source close to their AD said UConn to BiG is done deal? It's the only hope we have.

Reaction Score
Geezus.

I step away from the computer for a few hours, and the chicken littles retake control of this board. Unbelievable.

Some facts for you Debbie Downers to contemplate:

1) B1G has never, ever, leaked info before a deal was done. Why is this important? Because this past week rumors surfaced that Duke, NC, VA, ND, and Kansas were being vetted for possible B1G membership. Guess what? Based on past indications, those schools have just been eliminated as B1G possibilities.

2) I told you last week that if the B1G has its eyes on securing the northeast (and I think they do), they would be wise to add UConn and Syracuse. You lock up NYC, upstate NY, and southern New England. That's an awful lot of TV's. Guess what two schools have not been mentioned in the B1G expansion rumors? UConn and Syracuse. Others here will quickly make snide remarks that it's because we suck and/or are not worthy, but that didn't stop B1G from adding Rutgers and Maryland. Prior to that move, there was one lone voice stating that RU was going B1G. Yesterday, that one lone voice (RUlookingatme) said UConn was gone to B1G.

3) Everyone on the internet is jumping to the conclusion that the ACC chose Louisville OVER UConn. How the hell do they know that for a fact? Answer: they don't - they're making assumptions. Did it ever dawn on anyone that we may be stalling to see what B1G does? Or, heaven forbid, that we already know that we're going B1G? Before you spout off on how crazy I am, let me just say that if you really think the Duke/NC faction would EVER give in to FSU and Clemson on anything, you are crazier than I am.

4) B1G is going to expand further. Delany has all but guaranteed it. He's even gone so far as to say the conference will be adding games in both football and basketball, and further, he identified Southern New England as an attractive maket for BTN. Either B1G expansion will include us, or their expansion elsewhere opens up slots in ACC/Big 12 that we may fill.

5) I expect reporting on this issue for the next month or two to be even more FOS than usual. Conferences are going to be intentionally putting out misinformation, because the end is approaching and they know it. Stop believing everything you read.

6) The ACC has clearly been our backup plan all along. They weren't going to wait around forever. They finally decided to pull the trigger on Louisville, their second choice. I applaud their decision.

You guys can cry in your Cheerios if you want to. Pardon me if I wait a little longer before I fall on my sword.
it's pretty clear... UofL is an option for multiple leagues, necessitating that the ACC take them now. Uconn has little option (as perceived by the ACC) but to wait for the ACC to come calling. Of course when it does, the ACC as we know it won't exist. And hopefully, when that day comes, Uconn can say !!!!

Reaction Score
Geezus.

I step away from the computer for a few hours, and the chicken littles retake control of this board. Unbelievable.

Some facts for you Debbie Downers to contemplate:

1) B1G has never, ever, leaked info before a deal was done. Why is this important? Because this past week rumors surfaced that Duke, NC, VA, ND, and Kansas were being vetted for possible B1G membership. Guess what? Based on past indications, those schools have just been eliminated as B1G possibilities.

2) I told you last week that if the B1G has its eyes on securing the northeast (and I think they do), they would be wise to add UConn and Syracuse. You lock up NYC, upstate NY, and southern New England. That's an awful lot of TV's. Guess what two schools have not been mentioned in the B1G expansion rumors? UConn and Syracuse. Others here will quickly make snide remarks that it's because we suck and/or are not worthy, but that didn't stop B1G from adding Rutgers and Maryland. Prior to that move, there was one lone voice stating that RU was going B1G. Yesterday, that one lone voice (RUlookingatme) said UConn was gone to B1G.

3) Everyone on the internet is jumping to the conclusion that the ACC chose Louisville OVER UConn. How the hell do they know that for a fact? Answer: they don't - they're making assumptions. Did it ever dawn on anyone that we may be stalling to see what B1G does? Or, heaven forbid, that we already know that we're going B1G? Before you spout off on how crazy I am, let me just say that if you really think the Duke/NC faction would EVER give in to FSU and Clemson on anything, you are crazier than I am.

4) B1G is going to expand further. Delany has all but guaranteed it. He's even gone so far as to say the conference will be adding games in both football and basketball, and further, he identified Southern New England as an attractive maket for BTN. Either B1G expansion will include us, or their expansion elsewhere opens up slots in ACC/Big 12 that we may fill.

5) I expect reporting on this issue for the next month or two to be even more FOS than usual. Conferences are going to be intentionally putting out misinformation, because the end is approaching and they know it. Stop believing everything you read.

6) The ACC has clearly been our backup plan all along. They weren't going to wait around forever. They finally decided to pull the trigger on Louisville, their second choice. I applaud their decision.

You guys can cry in your Cheerios if you want to. Pardon me if I wait a little longer before I fall on my sword.

I don't see how anyone can doubt that UConn told Aresco we were leaving the conference. so that only leaves two possibilities regarding what happened. The first is the one that was outlined above. The second is that UConn's leaders f###ed this up big time.

We will know in the next few months.

Reaction Score
I don't see how anyone can doubt that UConn told Aresco we were leaving the conference. so that only leaves two possibilities regarding what happened. The first is the one that was outlined above. The second is that UConn's leaders f###ed this up big time.

few months? few months? Our collective hearts may not make it to noon. I'd feel a lot better if Herbst and Manuel kept their mouths shut. Now that they have spoken. Were doomed.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
BiGHarder from Copa Cabana!

9k=

Reaction Score
How reliable is that RUlookingatme poster that stated Rutgers source close to their AD said UConn to BiG is done deal? It's the only hope we have.

Was the ONLY one that called RU to B1G.

Now says we're gone.

We'll see, but personally I'd give it 8 weeks or so to play out before jumping off a bridge.

JMO - I don't claim to know anything, so anyone else's opinion is just as valid as mine.

Reaction Score
Was the ONLY one that called RU to B1G.

Now says we're gone.

We'll see, but personally I'd give it 8 weeks or so to play out before jumping off a bridge.

JMO - I don't claim to know anything, so anyone else's opinion is just as valid as mine.

BTW, RUlookinatme posted that UConn to B1G was "done" at 2:03 PM yesterday afternoon. (Had previously posted on 11/23 that Delany wanted the northeast "lock, stock, and barrel".)

Remind me again at what time yesterday all the rumors started flying that Louisville was suddenly picking up votes in ACC?

Reaction Score

By the way -- someone feel free to tell me that there is a third possibility that I'm missing. But that we just tried to get into the ACC and failed can't be one of them. There is no way Aresco didn't talk about what we brought to the table, when on the podium with a former UConn athlete, if he could have talked about us.

Reaction Score
Anyone got a link to that thread from the WVU board? I can't locate it and I want to feel good about something.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
BTW, RUlookinatme posted that UConn to B1G was "done" at 2:03 PM yesterday afternoon. (Had previously posted on 11/23 that Delany wanted the northeast "lock, stock, and barrel".)

Remind me again at what time yesterday all the rumors started flying that Louisville was suddenly picking up votes in ACC?

Mavblues, you are like the "elixir of life" for me right now, buddy!!! Keep it comin', because I'm starting to regain some confidence in our long term future...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
By the way -- someone feel free to tell me that there is a third possibility that I'm missing. But that we just tried to get into the ACC and failed can't be one of them. There is no way Aresco didn't talk about what we brought to the table, when on the podium with a former UConn athlete, if he could have talked about us.

Yeah, the ol' "dog that didn't bark" scenario. Fiction.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There is no third option. There is also no first option. Manuel and Herbst don't say what they have said since the Louisville news broke if the B1G is even a remote possibility for us. They ducked up. Period.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score

Agree 100%. People need to calm down. If Aresco knew that UL was leaving yesterday during his presser, why wouldn't he have made sure to pump up the remaining top brand in his conference UConn? Instead of using UConn as his basis for a continued competitive Big East, he's all but excluded UConn from his league with obvious omissions and blatant statements minimizing the northeast/NYC market. He knows UConn is leaving soon.

Reaction Score

Around then maybe a two hours later. Blauds said ul was a vote short at 6. I think something popped out before that though

Reaction Score
There is no third option. There is also no first option. Manuel and Herbst don't say what they have said since the Louisville news broke if the B1G is even a remote possibility for us. They ducked up. Period.

Just curious: in your mind, what exactly would they have said if B1G was going to happen??

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just curious: in your mind, what exactly would they have said if B1G was going to happen??
Same thing they were saying all along, until now: "We are continuing to monitor the changing landscape of conference realignment to determine what it means for us." And "We are continuing to position ourselves for the best fit for our University and our student-athletes."

Now that has changed to:

Manuel: I think we were a better choice (than Louisville for the ACC), but I'm biased.

Herbst: Remember that our success has been in the Big East. Conference realignment is out of our control.

Do those sound like the comments of people who believe we have a chance in hell of getting a B1G invite?

Reaction Score
Respect your opinion, just disagree with your conclusions. Responses follow:

Same thing they were saying all along, until now: "We are continuing to monitor the changing landscape of conference realignment to determine what it means for us." And "We are continuing to position ourselves for the best fit for our University and our student-athletes."

Now that has changed to:

Manuel: I think we were a better choice (than Louisville for the ACC), but I'm biased. WELL, WE ARE A BETTER CHOICE, SO THAT"S AN ACCURATE STATEMENT.

Herbst: Remember that our success has been in the Big East. Conference realignment is out of our control. BOTH OF THOSE STATEMENTS ARE FACTUALLY CORRECT.

Do those sound like the comments of people who believe we have a chance in hell of getting a B1G invite? FRANKLY, I MIGHT BE CONCERNED IF THEY STARTED WHINING ABOUT LOUISVILLE GETTING PICKED OVER US. HAVEN"T SEEN THAT YET.

Reaction Score
This RULookingatMe guy might be my new favorite poster. I hope he is right about UCONN/UVA deal. I still can't imagine how the ACC pass us over for UL. There is just no freaking way these ACC presidents would vote a 160th ranked school into their academic conference over us. I just don't see it unless we are really going to B1G. How many cable subs can we bring the B1G network? I sure hope we are out there pimping those numbers to B1G presidents.

Reaction Score
I think Delany wants UVA, and I think they like being courted, but I don't think they'll leave (hence the delay). Nothing to base that on other than a hunch.

I do think Syracuse will be going with us.

$30MM to $40MM per school, depending on results of the NYC cable negotiations. UConn, Syracuse, and RU all on the same network.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I think Delany wants UVA, and I think they like being courted, but I don't think they'll leave (hence the delay). Nothing to base that on other than a hunch.

I do think Syracuse will be going with us.

$30MM to $40MM per school, depending on results of the NYC cable negotiations. UConn, Syracuse, and RU all on the same network.

This would be the right move (or one could make an argument for BC instead of Cuse for Boston, but either one works). Lock up the entire north and all the population that resides in it. "...from northern Virginia to southern New England..." Let's hope that the B1G figures that out before we suffer any collateral damage to our programs...

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
SYR over BC by a couple of lengths. CUSE is in NY and would at least try to compete on the field.

If the BiG picks adds a private school it's Cuse.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020