B1G scheduled released thru 2019 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

B1G scheduled released thru 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just don't see how UConn has anything that the B1G needs. Our best hope is some sort cataclysmic break up.

We just need to focus on the long term plan and make this place too good to ignore so that any opportunity that presents itself can be capitalized upon.

Reaction Score
Where else? Other than maybe Kansas or Missouri does the Big Ten have to go?

I noticed that Swofford has put forth figures that show the growth between now and 2030 will be in northeast and south....The Big Ten isn't going south.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I just don't see how UConn has anything that the B1G needs. Our best hope is some sort cataclysmic break up.

We just need to focus on the long term plan and make this place too good to ignore so that any opportunity that presents itself can be capitalized upon.
We have basketball and have the NYC market cornered in basketball.
Entry into New England.
Large B1G alumni base in our state and in NYC /Boston areas - which means about every other year Michigan fans can see their team play in the NYC metro area (not just every four or five years with Rutgers alone).

Without mutual interest from Missouri though, we're going to be sitting tight for a very long time. Unless the ACC pulls the trigger and picks us (and most likely Cinci) up.

Reaction Score
Entry into New England.
Large B1G alumni base in our state and in NYC /Boston areas - which means about every other year Michigan fans can see their team play in the NYC metro area (not just every four or five years with Rutgers alone).

Without mutual interest from Missouri though, we're going to be sitting tight for a very long time. Unless the ACC pulls the trigger and picks us (and most likely Cinci) up.

Michigan, Ohio St & Penn St are all in Rutgers division meaning they will all be at Rutgers every other year not every 4 or 5 years

Reaction Score
Well, there can be differences between being labeled a troll, acting like a troll, and simply being a troll. Fragile egos play no role in reading many of ol' Buddy's posts, he's just a troll. If you walk like a duck and quack like a duck, you're a duck. Buddy is what he is, all quacked up.
Did you say "what he's all quacked up to be?"Ha ha.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Michigan, Ohio St & Penn St are all in Rutgers division meaning they will all be at Rutgers every other year not every 4 or 5 years
Touche. So they would have a game in the area every year then.

Reaction Score
The B1G accidently leaked Rutgers-UConn home and home in 2016 and 2017. The document was posted yesterday and then taken down. Looks like we're playing.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Not sure what the B1G needs, but it's pretty obvious what it wants: Boston/D.C.

Maryland/Penn State will own Baltimore and make a loud noise in D.C. (provided they offer a good product, but that's a different matter). Rutgers and Penn State will own Philadelphia (same caveat as Balt/DC). But I'm really not sure Rutgers plus traditional B1G alum can handle NYC and will have little impact in Boston. That's what UConn can offer the B1G.

Is any of that a slam dunk? Of course not. That's why Delany isn't offering today. They need time to analyze the Maryland/Rutgers audition first.

Reaction Score

Eyeballs, TV's, Cable money. Again, the CT DMA is ranked 29th in the country. When combined with Faitfield County, which is part of the NYC DMA, it would rank approximately 20/21. If you are looking content and viewers it makes sense. Ok, I get it our current football program is down, very down. Everything else is up. First we need AAU and let's see what happens.

Reaction Score
UConn has a realistic shot at the B1G if the power conferences go to 16/20 schools, which I think is likely. The big question is who UConn’s partner would be as the B1G will not go to an odd number of teams for anyone except for ND and Texas. The other question is how many other schools would the B1G target should either the XII or the ACC fail. I would think in the XII that Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas are the targets and from the ACC it would be UVA, UNC, Georgia Tech, Florida State, and ND, which would have to go a conference under that scenario). Either way, UConn needs to focus on winning now and improving the product on the field and in the classroom as it may be a while. At the very least, I do not see any more moves until the new Texas AD is in place and has his say maybe by the summer.

Reaction Score
Entry into New England.
Michigan will play in New Jersey every other year

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It would be great to get on the docket for a Penn St season opener - on the road anytime in the future. We need to play all the big names we can; forget the soft strategy, we need visibility and chances to make a name.

Reaction Score
Best thing we can do right now is get into the AAU, hire a good football coach, win games, get more fans to the Rent, expand the Rent or have a plan in place to expand, and wait for the right moment. We have to become Boise of the East ASAP.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Missouri would be the expansion partner. They would rather be in the Big 10 than SEC, and there is no significant penalty for leaving the SEC.

Lack of an expansion partner is not UConn's problem. In fact, I would not be surprised if the President of Missouri is scratching his head trying to find a credible expansion partner.

Reaction Score
Missouri would be the expansion partner. They would rather be in the Big 10 than SEC, and there is no significant penalty for leaving the SEC.

Lack of an expansion partner is not UConn's problem. In fact, I would not be surprised if the President of Missouri is scratching his head trying to find a credible expansion partner.

If Missouri wins the SEC East, which looks like a strong possibility right now, and somehow beats ‘Bama in the Championship game for a shot at the BCS title, that may kill off the Tiger’s interest in jumping to the B1G anytime soon.

On a side note, I somewhat enjoyed that other school’s football weekend. Not only did they lose to UCF, ESPN is reporting that the NFL may get both Bridgewater and Strong after this season. Maybe they can hire the PP & GDL show.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...al-advocated-minority-nfl-coaching-candidates

Reaction Score
Hey...there is always the UConn/Louisville basketball match up 1-18-14 and 3-08-14 to rub it in...

Reaction Score
How exactly am I to blame for UConn's conference situation? I'm not out there propping up football with the nonexistent fanbase.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Missouri wins the SEC East, which looks like a strong possibility right now, and somehow beats ‘Bama in the Championship game for a shot at the BCS title, that may kill off the Tiger’s interest in jumping to the B1G anytime soon.

On a side note, I somewhat enjoyed that other school’s football weekend. Not only did they lose to UCF, ESPN is reporting that the NFL may get both Bridgewater and Strong after this season. Maybe they can hire the PP & GDL show.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9...al-advocated-minority-nfl-coaching-candidates

If Missouri was invited to the Big 10, they would go. It has nothing to do with on the field success.

Football is a lost cause for 2-3 years at least. Kevin Ollie has to start making Final Fours immediately. No pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom