B1G scheduled released thru 2019 | The Boneyard

B1G scheduled released thru 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The main advantage here is that they can show how parity scheduling will work in action - The Big 3 East Division schools (Michigan, OSU, Penn State) are supposed to rotate amongst the top West Division schools more often than against the weaker schools and they can show this by releasing the schedule so far out.

This is done probably to satisfy ADs at Nebraska and Wisconsin. If you want to get your Realignment caps on, this is also more interesting info to know for a Western addition than an Eastern addition.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I just don't see how the Big Ten expands in the near term - even if the stargazers here are right and the Big Ten is just itching to add UConn, who else do they add with them? Everyone else is attached.

This isn't like a Penn State deal where they can go just run at an odd number for a decade.

Reaction Score
When you can grab a possible 0-12 uconn football team equivalent to div 3 you take it when you can that's why the Big does it without a travel partner.

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten

I know schedules can be easily changed but if there was thoughts in the B1G offices about near term expansion why would they release a schedule that is 6 seasons away?

The thoughts about B1G expansion are hyperbole from this message board. They unfortunately have no basis in reality. I have been labeled a troll for saying this type of thing. Believe me, I am sorry to say this, but UConn has missed out on conference realignment for decades to come. Shortsightedness for years before this by our leaders as well as the people of CT have caused this problem to rear it's ugly head.

Reaction Score
The thoughts about B1G expansion are hyperbole from this message board. They unfortunately have no basis in reality. I have been labeled a troll for saying this type of thing. Believe me, I am sorry to say this, but UConn has missed out on conference realignment for decades to come. Shortsightedness for years before this by our leaders as well as the people of CT have caused this problem to rear it's ugly head.
No, you've been labeled a troll for acting like a troll.

Reaction Score

I am sorry that your fragile ego is so easily bruised. I wish that what I said wasn't true and I could live in that fantasy land in which you reside. Just for fun, let's say that you ask a woman out and she says she is sorry but she is busy for the next six years. What are the chances that you will get a date with her? Now, we are you and she is the B1G. See what I am saying?

Reaction Score
Decades? Really? We were one competent football coaching staff from being in the same conference as you.

Reaction Score
Decades? Really? We were one competent football coaching staff from being in the same conference as you.
Okay not decades, but a decade, based on the schedule being made through 2019.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Okay not decades, but a decade, based on the schedule being made through 2019.

And we'll still win multiple NCAA titles for men's and women's basketball while continuing to climb the US News & World Report academic rankings.

pj

Reaction Score
I just don't see how the Big Ten expands in the near term - even if the stargazers here are right and the Big Ten is just itching to add UConn, who else do they add with them? Everyone else is attached.

This isn't like a Penn State deal where they can go just run at an odd number for a decade.

It's not impossible to schedule a league of 15, though it does make it controversial to pick 2 for a championship game. Have three pods of 5 and play your 4 pod mates and 5 of the other 10 every year. Two highest rated pod champions to the championship game. You see every school in the league at least once every two years.

That said, I don't see it happening without AAU and a demonstration that we enhance per-school revenue, and it's hard to see how we meet that yardstick in a year when decisions will be made about the next contract.

Reaction Score
When Aau happens, not if, then our chances will increase. While that is in progress we need to fix the football program. Funny but we lost to Michigan by 3 points yet we suck.

Reaction Score
Losing by 3 points to Michigan isn't the barometer that is being read...unfortunately the "W" in the column for Moral Victory gets passed over.

Reaction Score
Funny but we lost to Michigan by 3 points yet we suck.
With regards to football, you are correct on both counts: We lost to Michigan by 3 points. Yet we suck.

I truly believe this will not be the case for long, but for now, it is.

Reaction Score
It's not impossible to schedule a league of 15, though it does make it controversial to pick 2 for a championship game. Have three pods of 5 and play your 4 pod mates and 5 of the other 10 every year. Two highest rated pod champions to the championship game. You see every school in the league at least once every two years.

I saw someone post the idea of a 20 team B1G conference divided into 4 pods of 5. Each team plays 11 games - 3 OCC games, 4 pod games, 1 cross-pod game with a rotating team every year (thus everyone plays everyone at least once every 4 years) for a total of 3 games. The 11th game is then the ‘semi-final’ between the top team from each of the 4 pods while the other teams are paired together for a final game (higher seed hosts.) The 12th game would just be the championship between the semi-final winners at a neutral site.

Reaction Score
I see on the RU rivals board today a "strong" rumor UConn/RU are working to make a home and home for 16/17 official.Both early season games!
Dammit Nick. This forced me to actually visit that board. I quickly remembered why I never go there.

This would be nice if it comes out officially though. Hoping it happens its a nice rivalry.

Reaction Score
Dammit Nick. This forced me to actually visit that board. I quickly remembered why I never go there.

This would be nice if it comes out officially though. Hoping it happens its a nice rivalry.
Yeah me too!The general consensus among RU fans seems to me to prefer to continue playing UConn or Temple but NOT BC or Cuse!I hope they make it happen SOON!

Reaction Score
My favorite games in the BE were always UConn and Cuse but Id like to see Cuse locked out of eastern exposure as much as possible as they seem to think of themselves as above the rest of us!

Reaction Score
Well, there can be differences between being labeled a troll, acting like a troll, and simply being a troll. Fragile egos play no role in reading many of ol' Buddy's posts, he's just a troll. If you walk like a duck and quack like a duck, you're a duck. Buddy is what he is, all quacked up.

Reaction Score
For many, a Troll is anyone who posts something that they don't like or agree with....a label is easy to attach and certainly easier than debating with logic.

I too, I reckon, am a troll although I prefer to think of it as chumming. I often take a contrarian viewpoint for the sake of the conversation and to see how someone develops their argument. I learn a lot by seeing someone's viewpoint developed beyond a declatory sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom