B1G at 14 or 16, UConn yes or no? Vote here. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

B1G at 14 or 16, UConn yes or no? Vote here.

Who will be in the B1G in the next 5 years?

• B1G at 16 with UConn and North Carolina.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B1G at 16 with Texas and Oklahoma.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
ND is not coming to the Big Ten, so your vote for something else is a good one.

I highlighted the word "imagine" because that is the only way I see Texas and Oklahoma joining the Big Ten, in your imagination.

What evidence, clue, hint, indicia or fragment of reality can you cite that indicates that those school have any interest in fighting a GOR, leaving the Big 12 and joining the Big Ten?

Maybe you should have highlighted this part...or at least, read it....

ME said:
I've decided (((in this hypothetical universe of CR lunacy))) that if the B1G MUST go to 18 I'd rather it be UCONN > KU > OU > TX.

Go read XOVERX posts RE the BXII for further info, if needed. Thx bro.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We'll I'll buy that kind of honesty but remember even you realize its out of hate not rational! RU is and has been a longtime B1G target for reasons quite different than you're opinion. Remember not long ago you guys were yankee conference in CFB! The B1G is all about old time tradition's and snobbiness and RU outside of Texas and ND was found to bring more value than anyone else vetted by their research team in Chicago after a 2 yr study of 15 schools/candidates..sure geography was a major part of it but NJ is where they've always been so thank or blame there colonial founders.
And now I hate you as well. Rutgers is a generational joke in sports and television cable boxes are the one and only thing that led to your inclusion in that once so exclusive and ritzy club. Even you have to be honest enough to admit that all of the other members were holding their noses and puking in their mouths just a little bit when they decided they needed to bring Rutgers onboard to capture NJ eyeballs.

Reaction Score
And now I hate you as well. Rutgers is a generational joke in sports and television cable boxes are the one and only thing that led to your inclusion in that once so exclusive and ritzy club. Even you have to be honest enough to admit that all of the other members were holding their noses and puking in their mouths just a little bit when they decided they needed to bring Rutgers onboard to capture NJ eyeballs.
I think you're a sick man...take 2 aspirins and go to bed! BTW check UConns CFB history the B1G is about centuries NOT a single generation fool! Now you've managed to turn me bitter at you! When in 76 RU was undefeated in both major sports where were you? And btw was the research team worrying about jokes or value in there study nitwit hater? RU was forced in by old relationships and friends/supporters..how about you?

Reaction Score
I think you're a sick man...take 2 aspirins and go to bed! BTW check UConns CFB history the B1G is about centuries NOT a single generation fool! Now you've managed to turn me bitter at you! When in 76 RU was undefeated in both major sports where were you? And btw was the research team worrying about jokes or value in there study nitwit hater? RU was forced in by old relationships and friends/supporters..how about you?
Amazing Eddie Jordan performed so well on that one good RU hoops team ever. He was so busy ya know, not actually getting his degree.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I was in the 4th grade and living in northern CA. When one season 38 years ago defines your sporting success (congrats on the #17 with an horrific schedule including Uconn that year) I think you've proved my point. Your "history" was not a factor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was in the 4th grade in Pleasant Hill, CA. When one season 38 years ago defines your sporting success (congrats on the #17 with an horrific schedule including Uconn that year) I think you've proved my point. Your "history" was not a factor.
Ha ha ,You are too funny with this irrational hate/jealousy of whats already done! Don't fear..someone will grab you soon but not because of hate...ask BC/ACC!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Ha ha ,You are too funny with this irrational hate/jealousy of whats already done! Don't fear..someone will grab you soon but not because of hate...ask BC/ACC!!
I only wish I could go back in time and convince family friend, and a coach smart enough to recruit me while he was at San Jose State, Terry Shea, not to take the Rutgers job so he could have avoided the stain on his resume.

Reaction Score
I was in the 4th grade in Pleasant Hill, CA. When one season 38 years ago defines your sporting success (congrats on the #17 with an horrific schedule including Uconn that year) I think you've proved my point. Your "history" was not a factor.
And I had been out of the Marines 5 yrs...so...btw what UConn's CFB historical record? Whats RU's(if FB drives the bus?)..I rest my case to only the haters..johnnycomelately thinks he 's superior...go to a national board for an opinion once in awhile!?! Perception's not pretty...thats why were here!

Reaction Score
I only wish I could go back in time and convince family friend, and a coach smart enough to recruit me while he was at San Jose State, Terry Shea, not to take the Rutgers job so he could have avoided the stain on his resume.
That weak clown was a stain on Doug Grabers good works clown...we sent him back to Cali!!btw you can have his weak criminal son too!! He ruined DG good work's and Schiano was the result...11 yrs to undo weak clown niceguy Terry Shea crummy coaching...RU's PP!!

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
And I had been out of the Marines 5 yrs...so...btw what UConn's CFB historical record? Whats RU's(if FB drives the bus?)..I rest my case to only the haters..johnnycomelately thinks he 's superior...go to a national board for an opinion once in awhile!?! Perception's not pretty...thats why were here!
Uconn football history is shorter and equally as underwhelming. Rutgers was built in a population heavy region 200 years ago. That's your claim to fame; embrace it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
That weak clown was a stain on Doug Grabers good works clown...we sent him back to Cali!!btw you can have his weak criminal son too!! He ruined DG good work's and Schiano was the result...11 yrs to undo weak clown niceguy Terry Shea crummy coaching...RU's PP!!
Grabers "good works", overall record of 35–41–1. He was quite a shining star.

Reaction Score
Uconn football history is shorter and equally as underwhelming. Rutgers was built in a population heavy region 200 years ago. That's your claim to fame; embrace it.
Oh I didnt realize UConn was an over .500% career team? I know RU is!!!

Reaction Score
He recruited you?? I rest my case!!

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
His criminal son? Good grief. A freshman in college gets in a fight and he's a criminal? Hyperbole much?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Oh I didnt realize UConn was an over .500% career team? I know RU is!!!
Both have aneomic football histories. Do we really want to argue which is the tallest midget in the circus ?

Reaction Score
His criminal son? Good grief. A freshman in college gets in a fight and he's a criminal? Hyperbole much?
You are really nuts...I leave you in the cuckoo's nest with Jersey Jack Nicholson and in the good hands of Nurse Brackett!! LOL...You're on you're own..c'night Calinutsy!

Reaction Score
Sounds Like A Criminal Along The Lines Of “Ray Rice".

Reaction Score
When one considers national viewing and games that folks watch, a double handful of teams can move the dial.

ESPN would, of course, prefer to televise marquee match ups (as would most broadcasters).

There are only so many Michigan-Ohio State, Texas-Oklahoma, Miami-FSU, Alabama-Auburn type games. The SEC is lucky to have more of these quality match ups than most conferences.

The ACC has a dearth of marquee match ups. ESPN knew that, love 'em or hate 'em, people watch the Irish and thus upped the ACC media contract payout with the addition of five Notre Dame games per year to televise.

Will Rutgers-Michigan become a draw? Or Maryland-Ohio State and other Big Ten match ups with these teams become national draws?

Maybe...but both teams do need to become more competitive. National audiences watch compelling matches between rivals, between ranked teams or where there is something on the line in the game outcome.

Reaction Score
You are really nuts...I leave you in the cuckoo's nest with Jersey Jack Nicholson and in the good hands of Nurse Brackett!! LOL...You're on you're own..c'night Calinutsy!
Nicky my friend, sometimes less is more if you follow my meaning.

Reaction Score
Actually, Both UConn and Rutgers are good schools or one would not already be in the Big Ten and the other likely will be. It seems to me that if one looks at the quality of the school, there is much more of a grievance from UConn's point of view regarding the admittance of Louisville to the ACC than Rutgers to the Big Ten. Louisville has an academic profile that pairs more closely with the Big 12 or SEC. Both Rutgers and UConn fit well with the ACC and the Big Ten.

Delany stated that the Big Ten was lucky to get two quality schools (not football teams) in Maryland and Rutgers. One can do a web search on former OSU president Gordon Gee's comment on Louisville. It is well know that Gee talks loosely, but he was a Big Ten President and he reflects closely the values of the other 14. Some, such as Wisconsin and Michigan, are thought to have voted Nebraska out of the AAU after they joined the Big Ten.

Full disclosure: Ohio State grad of decades past.

Reaction Score
Nicky my friend, sometimes less is more if you follow my meaning.
Yeah RUConn,I let myself be dragged into a pizziing match last night after having a few lol...I considered a major deletion this morning! Should I?

Reaction Score
Yeah RUConn,I let myself be dragged into a pizziing match last night after having a few lol...I considered a major deletion this morning! Should I?
In case you weren't around one of those times when I offered an explanation for my Boneyard handle, the R...U is, indeed, a reference to being a Rutgers alum (grad school). Not sure if I owe anyone an apology for that or not. As for a deletion, if you think you owe anyone an apology, offer one.

Reaction Score
You are correct that the hate is irrational. You appear to understand that CR has been irrational to UConn fans. Although the reasons for RU's inclusion in CR are clear to most posters here, that doesn't make it any more tolerable for UConn fans. To keep spouting reasons for RU's success, and their imaginary long successful and continuing athletic prowess, is basically like waving a red cape in front of a bull. UConn believes that it is superior to Rutgers in many ways, whether it is true or not, and it is doubtful that that philosophy will ever change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom