B. Turner officially out for the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

B. Turner officially out for the season

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Her 1st reaction tweet was also funny. And she likes Taco Tuesday. Liking her more and more :)

She's supposed to be a funny person. My daughter is also a junior at Notre Dame and although she does not see Bri that often, she says that Bri is nothing but cordial and pleasant, with a number of witticisms and funny insights when appropriate. She'll get a lot of positive vibes from the students on campus.

After all the perseverance Bri demonstrated playing through the shoulder pain and them coming back from that surgery, she's now got this. Uggh. We'll have to add in the patience of Job to her attributes. Best of everything to you in your recovery, Bri, and keep the faith.

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The worst news possible. I don't see Brianna playing next year. ACL recovery is usually one year if all goes well.

Maybe she can make it back for limited action in January. If so, she might be able to slowly ramp up in time for the NCAAs. I remember Banks injured her knee in January of whatever year it was, and she saw some action the following October/November when the season started. At least that's my recollection. I should look that up.

I will hope for the best for BT !

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Bummer... way too many major injuries already in this tourney.

Reaction Score
Bummer... way too many major injuries already in this tourney.
Perhaps this is reason enough to get the starters off the floor as soon as we're up 20-25 points. No point in tempting fate this time of year, and you only have to score one more point than the other team to win.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Maybe she can make it back for limited action in January. If so, she might be able to slowly ramp up in time for the NCAAs. I remember Banks injured her knee in January of whatever year it was, and she saw some action the following October/November when the season started. At least that's my recollection. I should look that up.

I will hope for the best for BT !
Banks was mid-March surgery and aggressive rehab and was cleared to return for first exhibition game at the end of October roughly 7.5 Months.
Brianna Banks making return from injury in UConn’s exhibition opener

Reaction Score
Briana just can't seem to avoid injuries. ND has a lot of talent; however, I don't know if they have enough to make it to the Final Four. Although, if Allisha Gray is out for SC, it might be possible because they wouldn't have to play UConn or Baylor.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Banks was mid-March surgery and aggressive rehab and was cleared to return for first exhibition game at the end of October roughly 7.5 Months.
Brianna Banks making return from injury in UConn’s exhibition opener

Thanks for that clarification - I had thought it was January but I see from the article her injury occurred on Feb 2 against St. Johns. I didn't realize they waited 5-6 weeks before doing the surgery?

Anyway, yes it did seem like an agressive timetable, but depending on how well the surgery goes for Brianna I'm hoping she can be in the swing of things at some point early next year.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Briana just can't seem to avoid injuries. ND has a lot of talent; however, I don't know if they have enough to make it to the Final Four. Although, if Allisha Gray is out for SC, it might be possible because they wouldn't have to play UConn or Baylor.
I would still consider ND the favorite to beat Ohio State, but the other big question mark is whether Mavunga plays or not. If she can play and be effective, a huge advantage goes to Ohio State on post play and rebounding. But otherwise, ND is a much more disciplined team and will make things difficult for Mitchell.

If ND advances to play either Stanford or Texas, that will be a more difficult game for ND to win without Turner. Possible, but more difficult.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thanks for that clarification - I had thought it was January but I see from the article her injury occurred on Feb 2 against St. Johns. I didn't realize they waited 5-6 weeks before doing the surgery?
\Anyway, yes it did seem like an agressive timetable, but depending on how well the surgery goes for Brianna I'm hoping she can be in the swing of things at some point early next year.
From what I remember waiting 5-6 weeks is for the swelling to go down and to actually start rehab to build up the muscles that you will be relying heavily after surgery.

Reaction Score
Devastating. I just hope her surgery and treatment goes well, and that she has a speedy, safe, and comfortable recovery. This is a huge loss for ND, and my heart goes out to Bri who has to end her season this way. All the best to her, to the team, and to her family. It's refreshing to see her joking around and keeping her chin up, though. I hope she enjoys those tacos - she's earned them!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So bummed for her - both personally, and as an athlete who wanted to play had and help her team win. It's really tough for Ms. Turner - injuries just suck - and for her team. Wish her the best and a speedy recovery. I'm sure we all can speculate on what it means for ND perhaps a bit later - for now, I just want to express my sadness for the poor kid who just wants to play ball...

Reaction Score
A shame. She's a good player, despite all the interruptions her career has had from injury. I hope she recovers fully.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
This just stinks up and down. People on the BY have very mixed opinions about Muffet, but seeing this young lady sidelined for another NCAA is sad. My heart goes out to this intelligent, beautiful young women. She's a fighter though. Come back and give us hell next year.

Reaction Score
My guess is that Notre Dame will not confirm it being an ACL until after the tournament. They may not want the other players to get too down about her injury knowing how long it takes to recover from an ACL. Muffet wants to keep them focused and even though they know she won't play at least for now they can hope her injury is not serious.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One thing I haven't said before, but the two players outside of UConn who melt my heart when they start speaking are A'ja Wilson and Brianna Turner. Just sweet, terrific people. Even when Brianna would play against UConn I couldn't help saying throughout every game, "C'mon you can do better", because I like her so much. I'd still end up shaking my head, but, still. The same with A'ja. When either one starts smiling I just can't. Really.

Now that said, beating ND never gets old.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That's a shame. Too many injuries to too many key players right before or during the Tourney this year. You want to see all the teams at full strength. Tough break for Turner and ND.

Reaction Score
anyone heard update on Alisha Gray initially looked bad but Dawn talks like she is still in the mix to play this weekend

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Condolences to Bri , her team and you Orang ... all these kids are one strange landing away from the potential for this sort of thing. Given the UConn numbers, it is my biggest fear in this tournament.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
That's a shame. Too many injuries to too many key players right before or during the Tourney this year. You want to see all the teams at full strength. Tough break for Turner and ND.
The ACL injuries to Lambert of Duke and now to Turner make me sick to my stomach. These are just freak occurrences and these players through absolutely no fault of their own find their seasons abruptly truncated.

The Coates injury was IMO gravely mishandled by the SC staff, who twice cleared her to play only to have her reinjure herself each time.

Reaction Score
IMG_3597.jpg

Reaction Score
Was really hoping it wasn't an ACL. At this point in the year, an ACL injury means she's not a lock to be ready for next season. And even if she is, she won't be 100%.
You're correct on this. Having a daughter who went through this rehab, she may well be back by early season but the majority of kids are about 75-80% the first season back. It takes a long time to get full strength and quickness back.

Reaction Score
I was afraid this was going to be the case when I saw the video. For those of you who know Irish history, this girl truly has had "the luck of the Irish." :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom