B. Turner officially out for the season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

B. Turner officially out for the season

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
It's not only the "athlete" part of the student-athlete equation that this affects.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Staley had a similar vaguely positive tweet

Let's HOPE there isn't a repeat of the Coates situation. A player being sent out there with an obvious injury just to make it worse.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Turner is my favorite non UConn player. I followed her progress all season. This really sucks!!
Blessings and favor to you Brianna,
Praying that you have a quick and complete recovery.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
No more injuries to any of our girls, please. I don't want to read or hear about any one else going down or out due to injury. Enough!!!

Reaction Score
No matter who it is, i am always rooting for all to be healthy.... A Gray, rooting for your recovery in time for the weekend.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Devastating for this to happen this time of year, for her and for the team.

Wish her best for coming back at 100%.

Reaction Score
Hate to see this. Turner has had a lot of tough luck. Hope she remains positive.

As for Gray and South Carolina, we are in the early stages but it seems to me it is being handled in a similar vaguely sketchy way as Coates.

Reaction Score
Thanks for those who was concerned with Allisha's well being! My heart goes out to Tuner and Lambert with the season ending injuries and I pray they heal well and come back as strong as ever! We all saw what looked to be a season injury to Allisha but Dawn and the team reported that she's fine. After the game she was seen on crutches but the very next day she seemed to be walking perfectly fine with no brace or wrap on her leg. I was told that it wasn't her knee but it was her back hamstring that tightened up on her as she went down. I supposed she will be limited if not used at all versus QU. She's a valuable player to our team and we will need her if we have any hope of getting to the FF so I hope the coaching staff uses her wisely.

Reaction Score
Oh man, my heart hurts for the kid. She seems to be keeping her spirits up, which is great to see, even though I'm sure she's devastated.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
One last bump for this further update -

Wow -- this is horrible news. Sounds more like a Kalana Greene situation now. :eek:

Maybe she could sit out next year, rehab at a more deliberate pace, and finish up her eligibility in her 5th year? I just wonder if coming back by next January would be too soon, considering this is more than just a "garden variety" ACL tear. And if she can't come back by then, would it really be worth it -- or wise, from a health perspective -- to try and rush her back in Feb or March just to try and help their chances in the NCAA? The timing of this injury just makes me wonder what they're going to do. Obviously they won't know for awhile, regardless.

Kalana, while still very good, was never quite the same after her injury - I sure hope that Turner can somehow get back to where she was.

SMH this is just bad

Edit: The subsequent tweet from the same source said that Muffet compared it to Achonwa's injury. Natalie injured her knee on March 31, 2014, and did not sign a contract with the Fever in Feb 2015. She did not have to play until the opening of training camp at the earliest, April 20-30 or whatever it was. Or maybe they even held her out until the beginning of the season? Anyway, point it that would make it at least a year, maybe 14 months before she would have been playing. If Brianna needs a year, it's already March 2018 and that just seems like it might be too late to try and hit the ground running.

Still, I'm hoping that she heals quickly and fully.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom