Azzi :( | The Boneyard

Azzi :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 1.32.24 PM.png

Reaction Score
Didn’t even happen in a game. I said it when she was still in high school. Those knees will be too fragile. Here we are. Feel awful for her. She’s got elite talent but doesn’t mean much when you can’t stay on the court. Maybe this surgery she’s having will fix it. For her sake I hope so.

Reaction Score
I hate this so much. It’s truly unfortunate that kids who love the game as much as they do are hit with so many setbacks.

If there is one silver lining, like Paige & Ice, at least Azzi & Jana will have each other this season. Hoping they’ll both be back better and healthier than ever next season.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I had refrained from posting my initial thoughts about Azzi’s injury when it happened prior to a medical diagnosis of the injury. But it certainly crossed my mind that “non-contact” knee injuries are usually much worse than those a player gets from running into someone or hitting the floor hard.

Hoping that Azzi finds her way back to good health, and she’s able to play the game she loves at the very highest level once again.

Reaction Score
Paige injured her knee early in her sophomore season, misses time. Makes a return in March. Proceeds to tear her ACL prior to her junior season.

Azzi injured her knee early in her sophomore season, misses time. Makes a return in March. Proceeds to tear her ACL at the start of her junior season.

The similarity is eerie. Best wishes to Azzi in recovery. I hope she makes a complete recovery and is able to be better than ever next season.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, however, beginning to wonder if her two injuries last season did more damage than originally thought, and this new one was just the final straw. Unless you scope the knee and look around with a camera, some damage might not be as visible with an MRI or physical exam? Dammit.

Reaction Score
So sorry to hear this. That is why I think that she and Paige should use their covid year and stay at UConn beyond their 4 years. With their history of injuries, they would be wise to get their Masters degrees for free.
Besides that, they probably can't afford the pay cut they would get playing in the W. Relax, folks, that was a joke...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom