Azzi | The Boneyard

Azzi

Reaction Score
The team will be great because they have built the right culture, and Paige and Azzi are at the core of it. You can't work that hard, and endure all the pressure of the season and the tournaments, even winning an NC, if you don't love each other.

And I love this photo. These young women are awesome!

Reaction Score
1651520639690.png

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If you have listened to Azzi's interviews and read about her, you know that surprisingly she has periodic battles with her confidence. That's part of why I wanted her to choose UConn--if Azzi becomes a little more like Paige, and Paige becomes a little more like Azzi, they will both be better off. Azzi is better than she currently realizes. Four years with Geno will really help her both on and off the court.

Reaction Score
If you have listened to Azzi's interviews and read about her, you know that surprisingly she has periodic battles with her confidence. That's part of why I wanted her to choose UConn--if Azzi becomes a little more like Paige, and Paige becomes a little more like Azzi, they will both be better off. Azzi is better than she currently realizes. Four years with Geno will really help her both on and off the court.

She missed part of the summer with USAB and then came back injured so when practice started she was not 100%. It was obvious early in the season that her mobility was limited and that must have limited her in practice.
Bueckers has a playground bravado that I think she picked up young playing with and against boys and with no adults around. Fudd spent her childhood in gyms. Both her parents are coaches so I would guess she never played unsupervised playground ball.
I think a summer playing pickup games will do Fudd a world of good.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She missed part of the summer with USAB and then came back injured so when practice started she was not 100%. It was obvious early in the season that her mobility was limited and that must have limited her in practice.
Bueckers has a playground bravado that I think she picked up young playing with and against boys and with no adults around. Fudd spent her childhood in gyms. Both her parents are coaches so I would guess she never played unsupervised playground ball.
I think a summer playing pickup games will do Fudd a world of good.
I agree maybe a summer of playing in Rucker park or the cage or any inner-city playground where the rules are no blood no foul and if you wanna keep playing you gotta keep winning or call next and if you ain't got no game you may be waiting for a while bcuz they only select players who can help them win and stay on. It helps build that mindset of only the strong survive and develops that killer instinct, no mercy, don't give them hope, kick them while they're down, finish them..and we will need that mindset against SC

Reaction Score
I think they just meant that Paige and Azzi can both learn from each other. Azzi is very methodical and thoughtful. Paige is more free-spirited and (as Geno would say) brainless. Azzi’s personality elevates her understanding and decision making in games. However, it can hold her back because of her tendency to overthink. Paige’s personality allows her to play the game freely and gives her that innate confidence. However, it sometimes causes her to make mistakes because she’s more willing to take risks. One’s strength is the other’s weakness. That’s why they balance each other out.

Reaction Score
Whew, not one of those "I'm in the portal" posts
I for one knew right away it wasn't a portal thing just by reading the first sentence, she made no mention of thanking God. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom