Azzi without crutches? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi without crutches?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I believe that if she is able to play, she will help us. Just being on the court will free up Lou for her shots. Thus my dislike.
Not that I agree with your statement, but actually having a discussion about why you gave a dislike.

Reaction Score
I think she was on crutches at beginning of game.
She was definitely on crutches prior to the start of the game. Might have pitched them once the game started. I wasn't really watching her.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Azzi is standing on her feet here. You can clearly see the outline of a brace.

It’s great to see Jana getting into the game

394AFD27-E7AA-4C37-8803-6CEF6A023A89.jpeg

Reaction Score
Yes but he said it was just a precaution, not that she was unable to bear weight in her knee and said specifically she didn’t need the brace..
He most definitely said no weight bearing for two weeks. The brace is a precaution. Yep, he did.

Reaction Score
He most definitely said no weight bearing for two weeks. The brace is a precaution. Yep, he did.
Yes but not because she can’t physically put pressure on her knee. It’s a precaution to help expedite healing.

Reaction Score
Only if we lose. If we win I think it guarantees us a 1 seed even if we should slip up
against Nova in Philly or the BE tournament.
But we don’t have a chance of winning with 5 players, and a loss won’t hurt us, ergo meaningless game.

Reaction Score
Why? You don’t think we’ll get a NCAA bid? I think we’re in even if we lose a few more games.
No I don’t think it would make any sense to bring Azzi back for just the tournament. She won’t build any confidence in her knee or any team chemistry. It would tank UConn’s chances for a tournament run and likely make playing more dangerous for her. It would be dumb and not worth the risk.

Reaction Score
The South Carolina game is meaningless.
With all due respect, one should have stated meaningless to yourself? Yes, no?
To most who ever played, coached or just a fan of a team, every game is important. A sold out game on national television with seeding for the tournament consideration. This game is as any far from meaningless.

Reaction Score
The South Carolina game is meaningless.
Win, lose or draw, I believe every game is meaningful to the team (any team). And that’s because there’s always something to be learnt from each game. Yes, UCONN won convincingly at TENN, but SCar is the number 1 team in the country, so let’s see how we measure up against such a quality opponent.

Reaction Score
That'll be the two week notice. Structurally there is nothing wrong with Azzi's knee, which the report clearly stated. This was all precautionary. It actually appeared to be more a bone bruise than any ligament damage.
I've never seen anyone say this, but I thought the same thing.

Reaction Score
Azzi is standing on her feet here. You can clearly see the outline of a brace.

It’s great to see Jana getting into the game
View attachment 83618
while I see players clapping, smiling, cheering, do you notice a certain coach who seems just a bit more emotional. That energy is what made her such a great competitor, and a great rebounder for an "undersized" forward. Actually she was short for a forward, not undersized. But like Morrow at DePaul, she willed herself to those loose balls, sometimes with a shove or two, but what's wrong with enthusiasm when it is coming from one of our players.

Reaction Score
No I don’t think it would make any sense to bring Azzi back for just the tournament. She won’t build any confidence in her knee or any team chemistry. It would tank UConn’s chances for a tournament run and likely make playing more dangerous for her. It would be dumb and not worth the risk.
why do you say people who have a different opinion are dumb? I ignored it when you said it about me, but now you have said it again. I would suggest "dumb" is not a good to use towards a fellow Husky fan. You can disagree and explain, as you do here saying it upsets chemistry. But Geno brought Azzi back for a few minutes off the bench when he thought he could, and I believe if she is ready he will bring her back again, off the bench for a few minutes at first late in the regular season, then off the bench for a few minutes more in the BE tourney, and finally I see her as coming off the bench to give Nika, Lou and maybe Aubrey some rest or spell them if they get some fouls. Might get her up to 15 minutes a game for the final four. I think we are stronger with her than without her and we likely need her. You think some of us are dumb for saying that. I guess we can just wait and see how it plays out. If she is ready, will Geno bring her back this season. If he does you can say you think Geno is dumb for doing that. Good luck to you in life. Good saying: "Be kind whenever possible; it is always possible."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
why do you say people who have a different opinion are dumb? I ignored it when you said it about me, but now you have said it again. I would suggest "dumb" is not a good to use towards a fellow Husky fan. You can disagree and explain, as you do here saying it upsets chemistry. But Geno brought Azzi back for a few minutes off the bench when he thought he could, and I believe if she is ready he will bring her back again, off the bench for a few minutes at first late in the regular season, then off the bench for a few minutes more in the BE tourney, and finally I see her as coming off the bench to give Nika, Lou and maybe Aubrey some rest or spell them if they get some fouls. Might get her up to 15 minutes a game for the final four. I think we are stronger with her than without her and we likely need her. You think some of us are dumb for saying that. I guess we can just wait and see how it plays out. If she is ready, will Geno bring her back this season. If he does you can say you think Geno is dumb for doing that. Good luck to you in life. Good saying: "Be kind whenever possible; it is always possible."
Thank you. Civility and courtesy is always appreciated

Reaction Score
The BE tournament is, I believe, a 10-team scramble, starting Friday, March 3. UConn will grab one of the two bye positions the first day, which means they then have to play on three consecutive days (March 4-6) if they want to make the finals. I think that means their relatively easy opening game on the 4th will be against DePaul, Providence or Georgetown, who will have all played the day before. Three days in a row will be especially challenging for our guys. I would think that if Azzi is going to appear in the tournament at all, we'll see her in the semi-finals on March 5, complementing a full roster of 10. (Unless, of course, she's back before then.)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
That'll be the two week notice. Structurally there is nothing wrong with Azzi's knee, which the report clearly stated. This was all precautionary. It actually appeared to be more a bone bruise than any ligament damage.
What report are you referring to? I am under the impression that actual medical information is no longer being made public, based on what the AD stated a couple of weeks ago.
I agree with your assessment but only because during the game that she reinjured her name, it appears that when she returned to the bench, she was manipulating her knee to show Paige what was going on.

Reaction Score
The BE tournament is, I believe, a 10-team scramble, starting Friday, March 3. UConn will grab one of the two bye positions the first day, which means they then have to play on three consecutive days (March 4-6) if they want to make the finals. I think that means their relatively easy opening game on the 4th will be against DePaul, Providence or Georgetown, who will have all played the day before.

Five teams get first round byes. The other six play the first day.

UConn will play the winner of 8 vs 9. Right now that would be Georgetown or Providence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom