Azzi is overrated | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi is overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Is Azzi great like KML or KLS, or great like Stewie/DT/Maya?

They were all #1 recruits, but as we know, not all #1 recruits are the same. I'd say all 5 were great, but 3 of them were Mt. Rushmore great. Azzi and Paige both have Mt. Rushmore potential.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno giving Paige the business at the end of clip.

1637588555875.png

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Kaleena never took enough shots for my taste.
And possibly through no fault of her own, she didn't have as many free throw attempts as we would like.

[did she shoot 90% for her career? I can't remember]

Reaction Score
I still am unsure of what to think of her, but have no doubt she will be a great player. I think part of the issue leading to the early season doubts is that she's the first player I've ever seen hyped up so much from such a young age. As a result, I assume many fans expect her to have an immediate impact like Moore, Stewart & Bueckers. Because she was just that heralded coming out of high school.

At this point, I think she falls in the group of #1 players like KLS and KML. She is a deadeye shooter with a lot of room to grow offensively. Players like Moore, Stewart and Bueckers were dangerous from every area of the floor from day one. I'm really excited to see how she performs against SC. Her first really big opportunity. By the time she graduates, I am pretty confident she will have sufficiently entertained everyone on this board. Patience.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
That's what Geno wants. Your best shooters are supposed to take most of the shots.
I thought Paige was to take the most shots? Very confusing. ;)And Christyn is supposed to be very aggressive. I think what Geno wants is ball movement, find the open person and if it’s one of those 3 or Evina shoot it. Maybe Caroline gets to that status. We have several capable shooters.

To me right now the lack of inside points or just plain bigs not taking many shots is more of an issue. Are they not getting in position to score?

Reaction Score
OMG please We've played 3 games. Give her a break. Remember Stewie Diana Maya Tina and Sue didnt even start Kristen did til she got hurt. Please if you wanna be so negative go to the Tenn boards.
Amen !!! just to be clear so we're giving people 3 games now? well that's just great I'm sure all future recruits will take that into account ..c'mon people get real are you a top performer at your job after only 3 days, let's stop with the hyperbolic comments and be real.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I thought Paige was to take the most shots? Very confusing. ;)And Christyn is supposed to be very aggressive. I think what Geno wants is ball movement, find the open person and if it’s one of those 3 or Evina shoot it. Maybe Caroline gets to that status. We have several capable shooters.

To me right now the lack of inside points or just plain bigs not taking many shots is more of an issue. Are they not getting in position to score?
"Shooters" plural. Not just 1-2 players, but your best shooters whoever they maybe. Christyn IS NOT bashful about shooting. Neither is Evina. Geno wants Paige and Azzi to adopt Christyn's and Evina's mindset.

Geno to Paige and Azzi: I gave you the green light to shoot, so shoot it!! :mad: He knows they will never make every shot, but they are the best shooters on the team. The more shots they take, the more points UConn will score, especially if either or both of them are hot (or develop a rhythm early on) on a particular day. :) I haven't been happy with the post scoring for sometime. Too spotty and inconsistent.

I'd like to see 15/12 from the post position every game. Olivia is very capable of producing those numbers as a senior. If she can stay on the floor, those numbers are not unreasonable over 28-33 minutes of play playing with the talent that surrounds her.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we may see our frosh Bree Hall some and possibly defending Azzi.
Any freshman who plays more than 5 minutes will tell us what the coach thinks about that player. The saving grace for all the newbies is that this is on a neutral court and a less than packed venue. A lot of freshman have the sufficient skills. Their shortcomings usually are because of two things. Pace and nerves.

Reaction Score
Amen !!! just to be clear so we're giving people 3 games now? well that's just great I'm sure all future recruits will take that into account ..c'mon people get real are you a top performer at your job after only 3 days, let's stop with the hyperbolic comments and be real.
Thank You!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer