Azzi is getting a ton of national press | The Boneyard

Azzi is getting a ton of national press

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The world is getting to see what an uninjured Azzi Fudd looks like. It is impressive, and she hasn’t even come close to playing her best game yet.

(I wonder if Paige being out jump starts this a little bit. She casts a big shadow by virtue of her talent and personality.)

Reaction Score
I made the mistake of watching Gabe and Christy on HerHoopStats last night. It was comical to hear them talk about how a #25 ranked freshman recruit was sure to make all the difference for some team and they can barely admit that Azzi — the #1 recruit in her class — might make all the difference for UConn. And Christy has known Azzi for years through her own daughter. Or, perish the thought, that Ayanna might be a difference maker.

No, of course not. Texas with all their transfers is likely to win Monday, or maybe not, “but it will be close.” It’s just like last year when the two of them were certain Indiana would eliminate UConn in the tournament. And afterwards, when the magnitude of their misjudgment was exposed, when it turned out to be barely a competitive game, not a peep out of them. All this pair could say was they were sure NC St. would roll of over us, and then Stanford. They were lucky we lost to SC in the end. Can you imagine how they’d have reacted to another NC???

So, yes, absolutely, it’s great that the national press is taking notice of Azzi. I wonder how Gabe and Christy will take it if we win this year behind Azzi’s awesomeness.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Don't forget the behind the scenes benefits of Azzi. A player with perfect practice habits trickles down to the rest of the team. Add Lou who is as steady as they come for behind the scene instruction and you have the blue print for a team that will play hard and with great poise

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The world is getting to see what an uninjured Azzi Fudd looks like. It is impressive, and she hasn’t even come close to playing her best game yet.

(I wonder if Paige being out jump starts this a little bit. She casts a big shadow by virtue of her talent and personality.)
I am sure Paige is in Azzi's ear saying it is your team now. Show everyone you are the best player in WBB until I get back

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I made the mistake of watching Gabe and Christy on HerHoopStats last night. It was comical to hear them talk about how a #25 ranked freshman recruit was sure to make all the difference for some team and they can barely admit that Azzi — the #1 recruit in her class — might make all the difference for UConn. And Christy has known Azzi for years through her own daughter. Or, perish the thought, that Ayanna might be a difference maker.

No, of course not. Texas with all their transfers is likely to win Monday, or maybe not, “but it will be close.” It’s just like last year when the two of them were certain Indiana would eliminate UConn in the tournament. And afterwards, when the magnitude of their misjudgment was exposed, when it turned out to be barely a competitive game, not a peep out of them. All this pair could say was they were sure NC St. would roll of over us, and then Stanford. They were lucky we lost to SC in the end. Can you imagine how they’d have reacted to another NC???

So, yes, absolutely, it’s great that the national press is taking notice of Azzi. I wonder how Gabe and Christy will take it if we win this year behind Azzi’s awesomeness.
1668267510064.jpeg

Reaction Score
What I saw from Azzi on Thursday was a talent able to adapt.
Assumed point duties on occasion-3 pointers weren’t dropping so she got her points other ways-cutting to the basket and FINISHING, hitting short jumpers-showing the ability to hang in mid air, making steals- deadly from the charity stripe.
AND ENJOYING HERSELF WHILE DOING IT.!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I have felt right along that Azzi lives a little too much in her head, so the more press attention the better for her. Paige is good for her 'cuz she lightens things up for Azzi.

Reaction Score

I think HerHoopsStats is pretty weak on their articles overall and anything subjective, but I love their statistical base and percentile ratings that help put some numbers in perspective. I do look at their twitter feed occasionally and think it sometimes has current and usefull info, but other than the stats I don't generally spend much time looking at their articles.

Reaction Score
Azzi is signed with Curry’s organization, he says she has perfect jump shooting form like Ray Allen? Yikes. Quite an endorsement.

Reaction Score
Azzi is signed with Curry’s organization, he says she has perfect jump shooting form like Ray Allen? Yikes. Quite an endorsement.
The topper is that he said that while she was still in HS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom