Azzi Fudd 50-40-90 club | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd 50-40-90 club

Reaction Score
I think the thing about Maya that always amazed me was that she was so good at doing quite literally everything. She’s one of those rare players that has the ability to average quality numbers across all 5 major statistical categories. At the time she graduated she was in the top 10 on the career lists for pts, rbs, blocks, steals, and even assists. What she was doing on the court was something we had never really seen by a husky. She was essentially a power forward with the quickness and shot to play like a 2 guard.

Azzi to me seems like she has the athleticism and precision in her shot mechanics like Maya, with the accuracy of KML. I’m pretty confident she’ll walk away as the best 3 point shooter to come through the program.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Exactly, but she still led the team because look at who was on the roster her freshman year versus Maya. Maya had two AA on her team (R. Montgomery and Tina) yet still took over the team and led in scoring, which is more impressive than Paige, deferring or not, leading a team with NO AA! Imagine what Maya would have done if she was on last year's team.
Um, recall that Auriemma kept chastising Bueckers to shoot more. The reason she led the team was due to remarkable offensive efficiency, being able to score more while shooting less, that no other freshman anywhere has ever matched, and few upperclassmen. If she shot as much as Auriemma wanted, if she shot as much as Moore did, her scoring numbers would have been even more staggering.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
IMO, the biggest distinction between anyone who has played at UConn and Maya Moore is, Maya came into UConn with supreme confidence and maintained it throughout her freshman year. Even Stewie had a lull her freshman after her great start. Maya was not deferring to seniors like Azzi has and Paige last year. Even Geno has placed her in her own category regarding her confidence. Her confidence mixed with tremendous ability makes her, IMO, the greatest freshman in UConn History. The fact she did not win the NC is more of a product of the team than her individual performance.
Maya was unique in her confidence and mindset. She was unique in her work ethic. She was unique in her skill set. I happen to think that Maya was the best female player ever, at any level. That said, Azzi is a better ball-handler and shooter.

Reaction Score
That I’m not so sure about. If she averaged, 50-40-90 for a whole season, that ranks right up there with double-doubles. It might have been a shared reward. Just to reiterate; Morrow was not even in the Hoopgurlz Top 100 for 2021. Major, major slap in the face to the talent evaluators. I know she was injured, but she dominated as a Junior. Azzi didn’t play a game her Senior year and she was still the number one recruit; plus, she had also had an injury. I guess Doug Bruno is thankful no one else noticed her.
Based on their current respective numbers (I realize Azzi’s numbers would likely be substantially higher if she played healthy the whole year), it would be a travesty if Morrow didn’t win easily. I’m not sure people are truly appreciating the season this young lady has had! Boston is being crowned as the NPOY after having a great season in which she averaged 17.5 & 11.5. She is also being all but slobbered over for her (admittedly impressive) streak of 20 double doubles.

The freshman Morrow meanwhile, has put up 21.5 & 14 and has a streak of 23 double doubles and leads the nation in total rebounds, rebounds per game and offensive rebounds per game! She also leads the nation in field goals and yep, you guessed it, double doubles! Not surprisingly, she won 13 Big East Freshman of the Week awards. She broke 11 Big East records and is a finalist for the Wooden, Naismith and Defensive Player of the Year! All this from a player who was not even ranked in the top 100 in her class! Somebody needs to check if Bruno is secretly a wizard and cast some sort of cloaking spell over her!:rolleyes: What a find!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Based on their current respective numbers (I realize Azzi’s numbers would likely be substantially higher if she played healthy the whole year), it would be a travesty if Morrow didn’t win easily. I’m not sure people are truly appreciating the season this young lady has had! Boston is being crowned as the NPOY after having a great season in which she averaged 17.5 & 11.5. She is also being all but slobbered over for her (admittedly impressive) streak of 20 double doubles.

The freshman Morrow meanwhile, has put up 21.5 & 14 and has a streak of 23 double doubles and leads the nation in total rebounds, rebounds per game and offensive rebounds per game! She also leads the nation in field goals and yep, you guessed it, double doubles! Not surprisingly, she won 13 Big East Freshman of the Week awards. She broke 11 Big East records and is a finalist for the Wooden, Naismith and Defensive Player of the Year! All this from a player who was not even ranked in the top 100 in her class! Somebody needs to check if Bruno is secretly a wizard and cast some sort of cloaking spell over her!:rolleyes: What a find!

Morrow won the BE FOW award more times than NPOY Paige Bueckers and the great Maya Moore. That's quite an accomplishment!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom