Azzi Fudd 50-40-90 club | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd 50-40-90 club

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Yeah I see the KML references as far a shooting but Azzi is a bit quicker, better defender, better screener and has a better floor game then even freshman KML. Kaleena has a beautiful shot but Azzi's mechanics, it just looks so easy to her.

Her discipline on both sides of the floor make her look more Maya Moorish to me
Azzi is also faster from baseline to baseline, has a greater variety around the hoop, has a better handle, and is a better passer. IMO KML was a better catch and shoot, and was stronger. What Geno took advantage of in KML however was as the trail in transition. That however will come with CD or Azzi. Geno likes to run that hybrid triangle, and when he runs that chin action off the curl it is deadly. Now when Azzi or CD takes the hand off either Paige, CD, or CW will be in the weak or strong side corner. When he runs that 23 keep with Paige, again, her corner options are Azzi and CD, with Liv or AE rolling off the high post screen. Team nasty.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Azzi is also faster from baseline to baseline, has a greater variety around the hoop, has a better handle, and is a better passer. IMO KML was a better catch and shoot, and was stronger. What Geno took advantage of in KML however was as the trail in transition. That however will come with CD or Azzi. Geno likes to run that hybrid triangle, and when he runs that chin action off the curl it is deadly. Now when Azzi or CD takes the hand off either Paige, CD, or CW will be in the weak or strong side corner. When he runs that 23 keep with Paige, again, her corner options are Azzi and CD, with Liv or AE rolling off the high post screen. Team nasty.
When I think of or read about Kaleena, that's the image that comes to mind. Running down the right side, setting up just outside the line, the wonderful backspin, and SPLASH!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When I think of or read about Kaleena, that's the image that comes to mind. Running down the right side, setting up just outside the line, the wonderful backspin, and SPLASH!
Kaleena would also run to the nail, catch, take that hop step, and hit the 3. I've been waiting for someone to be the trail in Geno's offense since then. Hitting that 3 from the arc as a trail just deflates a team that ran back in transition and believes themselves defensively set. Hit a few of those then the defense has to cover the trail, leaving them open inside. It just opens up the secondary transition game. It's coming.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Is this the face of a killer? :eek:

Most Wanted. ;)

1645942508787.png

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'll start. Just from memory I thought that KML had the most beautiful arc on her shots. They seemed to float down from heaven and made that lovely swish.

What draws me to Fudd's shot is her form. Perfection. Her precision in everything she does reminds me of Maya.

The difference is that Fudd is already faster, quicker, sets better screens, has a better mid-range shot and can create a shot. KML was more a catch and shoot type. Right now we are all mesmerized by her shooting but she has a very polished and complete game. Geno said she came in with the best fundamentals he ever saw, in all phases of the game. POY material.
I agree, and Maya wasn’t as good as a ball-handler as Fudd is

Reaction Score
She really got her feet set and squared up in last game and if they get up on her she just drives by and can get to the hoop or kick it out to others for a three. By the time we start the tournament she will be the main focus of the other teams defense.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azzi started strong, missed 2 shots in a row (gasp!), and finished with a couple of buckets.

She upped her shooting stats to:

.513/.483/.929.

Mikesell leads the nation at .478 from the arc. Azzi is slightly above that (with not enough shots to qualify).

Reaction Score
I'll start. Just from memory I thought that KML had the most beautiful arc on her shots. They seemed to float down from heaven and made that lovely swish.

What draws me to Fudd's shot is her form. Perfection. Her precision in everything she does reminds me of Maya.

The difference is that Fudd is already faster, quicker, sets better screens, has a better mid-range shot and can create a shot. KML was more a catch and shoot type. Right now we are all mesmerized by her shooting but she has a very polished and complete game. Geno said she came in with the best fundamentals he ever saw, in all phases of the game. POY material.
IMO, the biggest distinction between anyone who has played at UConn and Maya Moore is, Maya came into UConn with supreme confidence and maintained it throughout her freshman year. Even Stewie had a lull her freshman after her great start. Maya was not deferring to seniors like Azzi has and Paige last year. Even Geno has placed her in her own category regarding her confidence. Her confidence mixed with tremendous ability makes her, IMO, the greatest freshman in UConn History. The fact she did not win the NC is more of a product of the team than her individual performance.

Reaction Score
Mikesell leads the nation at .478 from the arc. Azzi is slightly above that (with not enough shots to qualify).
According to stats.ncaa.org there two criteria, 3FGM per game and % of team's games played.

Min. 2 made per game | Players must play in 75% of their team's games

She is making 2.625 3FGM per game but will not qualify, as she won't play 75% of the games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
According to stats.ncaa.org there two criteria, 3FGM per game and % of team's games played.

Min. 2 made per game | Players must play in 75% of their team's games

She is making 2.625 3FGM per game but will not qualify, as she won't play 75% of the games.

Thanks! It seems that, if she takes enough shots, games played should be irrelevant. I'm happy if she's anywhere over 45%. I know that she can shoot 48-52%.

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
Some impressive stats overlooked by most. Our own Natalie Butler left UConn for her last year of eligibility as a grad student at George Mason. 34 games, Avg. 19.2 points per game (high 35) 16.6 rebounds per game (high 28) total rebounds 563 (new national D1 record) 33 consecutive double-doubles (tie D1 national record) Atlantic 10 POY. How many know this about our Natalie?

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
IMO, the biggest distinction between anyone who has played at UConn and Maya Moore is, Maya came into UConn with supreme confidence and maintained it throughout her freshman year. Even Stewie had a lull her freshman after her great start. Maya was not deferring to seniors like Azzi has and Paige last year. Even Geno has placed her in her own category regarding her confidence. Her confidence mixed with tremendous ability makes her, IMO, the greatest freshman in UConn History. The fact she did not win the NC is more of a product of the team than her individual performance.
?? Bueckers deferred to seniors so much she only averaged 2.2 ppg more than Moore in their respective freshman years.

Reaction Score
Can't say I expect it to fall but while their shots are/were in the air I clench my fist and get ready to yell "Bang!" at my TV screen. Bueckers too. And I get to yell it a lot for them. Can't remember whether that was a Johnny Most or a Marv Albert thing.
Johnny Most

Reaction Score
Azzi started strong, missed 2 shots in a row (gasp!), and finished with a couple of buckets.

She upped her shooting stats to:

.513/.483/.929.

Do you have to get enough shots in the regular season or could she get enough shots in the post season?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do you have to get enough shots in the regular season or could she get enough shots in the post season?

I'm not sure, but I think the stats are based on the full season, through early April.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Geno was done with Charde and let Maya do her thing

Reaction Score
Ionescu and Kelsey Plum both just missed 50-40-90 as seniors. Sue Bird just missed as a sophomore, but had a staggering line of .505/.466/.942 as a senior. She's the only Connecticut player to shoot .900 from the foul line for a qualifying season.

Reaction Score
I'm not disagreeing with you about Maya. I am echoing what Diggerfoot posted. Paige had a pretty good freshman year. I think she even won a couple of awards :)

Reaction Score
?? Bueckers deferred to seniors so much she only averaged 2.2 ppg more than Moore in their respective freshman years.

Exactly, but she still led the team because look at who was on the roster her freshman year versus Maya. Maya had two AA on her team (R. Montgomery and Tina) yet still took over the team and led in scoring, which is more impressive than Paige, deferring or not, leading a team with NO AA! Imagine what Maya would have done if she was on last year's team.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom