Azzi Fudd 50-40-90 club | The Boneyard

Azzi Fudd 50-40-90 club

Reaction Score
The only things holding Fudd back from individual honors throughout her career is that she is one of the most unselfish players I have seen, coupled with UConn's depth of talent. She often doesn't take open shots since there are so many others to pass to. File this under "positive problem."

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wow! That’s pretty impressive for a freshman. Paige was 2 made FT’s short last season. The last WBB player to achieve the shooter’s Holy Grail for a season was, I believe, Sabrina Ionescu in her senior year.

Reaction Score
Yeah. If she can keep this up and the team truly becomes nasty and reaches at least the final four, the award is hers and folks will forget about her injury games missed.

Who would be her real competition? Morrow at DePaul and maybe Spencer at Arkansas in addition to her teammate Ducharme?

This season hasn't felt like the year of freshman like last year when it seemed like Paige, Clark, and Brink were always in the headlines.

Reaction Score
Yeah. If she can keep this up and the team truly becomes nasty and reaches at least the final four, the award is hers and folks will forget about her injury games missed.

Who would be her real competition? Morrow at DePaul and maybe Spencer at Arkansas in addition to her teammate Ducharme?

This season hasn't felt like the year of freshman like last year when it seemed like Paige, Clark, and Brink were always in the headlines.
I love your enthusiasm, but Morrow is a lock for Freshman of the Year in the Big East. I don’t think there is a National award, but she would win that as well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised that Azzi is shooting 50/40/90. As good as she is, that's pretty much her baseline. I think she will fluctuate around that high standard whenever she is healthy.

Kaleena was 1 FT short in both her sophomore and senior seasons. The other numbers were well above 50 and 40.

Morrow will win the Freshman of the Year award. If Azzi had played the whole season, she would have been right up there.

If Azzi had more attempts/makes, her 3-point percentage would land her 3rd in the nation, just a tiny fraction behind Taylor Mikesell of Ohio State--and ahead of Taylor Robertson of Oklahoma and Katie Benzan of Maryland.

Reaction Score
USBWA gives out their Nat’l FOTY award, named after Tamika Catchings. Paige & Caitlin (Clark) tied for the Award last year.
Thx for the correction

Reaction Score
Very Exciting! Is someone going to post a
BIG EAST First team listing? Let's do one at the
end of the Big East tournament.

Reaction Score
That I’m not so sure about. If she averaged, 50-40-90 for a whole season, that ranks right up there with double-doubles. It might have been a shared reward. Just to reiterate; Morrow was not even in the Hoopgurlz Top 100 for 2021. Major, major slap in the face to the talent evaluators. I know she was injured, but she dominated as a Junior. Azzi didn’t play a game her Senior year and she was still the number one recruit; plus, she had also had an injury. I guess Doug Bruno is thankful no one else noticed her.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised that Azzi is shooting 50/40/90. As good as she is, that's pretty much her baseline. I think she will fluctuate around that high standard whenever she is healthy.

Kaleena was 1 FT short in both her sophomore and senior seasons. The other numbers were well above 50 and 40.

Morrow will win the Freshman of the Year award. If Azzi had played the whole season, she would have been right up there.

If Azzi had more attempts/makes, her 3-point percentage would land her 3rd in the nation, just a tiny fraction behind Taylor Mikesell of Ohio State--and ahead of Taylor Robertson of Oklahoma and Katie Benzan of Maryland.
In Geno's presser, he said he has never seen anyone shoot it like her. Immediately, I considered KML and how he would rank them. Later, he seems to group them together as explosive shooters who only need a few minutes to put a game away. I would really love to hear Geno compare the 2 as far as shooting

Reaction Score
In Geno's presser, he said he has never seen anyone shoot it like her. Immediately, I considered KML and how he would rank them. Later, he seems to group them together as explosive shooters who only need a few minutes to put a game away. I would really love to hear Geno compare the 2 as far as shooting

I'll start. Just from memory I thought that KML had the most beautiful arc on her shots. They seemed to float down from heaven and made that lovely swish.

What draws me to Fudd's shot is her form. Perfection. Her precision in everything she does reminds me of Maya.

The difference is that Fudd is already faster, quicker, sets better screens, has a better mid-range shot and can create a shot. KML was more a catch and shoot type. Right now we are all mesmerized by her shooting but she has a very polished and complete game. Geno said she came in with the best fundamentals he ever saw, in all phases of the game. POY material.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Fg% 50.7
3pt% 47.6
FT% 91.7

Azzi may record a 50-40-90 season. If she plays the full season without injuries, she will be a strong competitor of FOY. UConn really has great recruitment in these few years.
I guess @MilfordHusky and I will be correct. Of course, @MilfordHusky was the first to say it, but I soon after. I think what's surprising everyone is the breadth of her game, and her basketball IQ. Not to mention her defense, which literally gets better by the dribble. She hasn't even shown her complete offensive arsenal. She's shown some of her variety around the hoop, but her strength makes her power dribble difficult for defenders. Her fade away at the baseline is as good as Paige's, she rarely turns the ball over and her passing skills are top notch. Azzi Fudd y'all. Ms. Fudd if you're team is nasty.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll start. Just from memory I thought that KML had the most beautiful arc on her shots. They seemed to float down from heaven and made that lovely swish.

What draws me to Fudd's shot is her form. Perfection. Her precision in everything she does reminds me of Maya.

The difference is that Fudd is already faster, quicker, sets better screens, has a better mid-range shot and can create a shot. KML was more a catch and shoot type. Right now we are all mesmerized by her shooting but she has a very polished and complete game. Geno said she came in with the best fundamentals he ever saw, in all phases of the game. POY material.
and KML share beautiful shooting form and because of that most spectators are shocked whenever the ball doesn't go in the basket.........I know I am.........

Reaction Score
Azzi Fudd and KML share beautiful shooting form and because of that most spectators are shocked whenever the ball doesn't go in the basket.........I know I am.........

Can't say I expect it to fall but while their shots are/were in the air I clench my fist and get ready to yell "Bang!" at my TV screen. Bueckers too. And I get to yell it a lot for them. Can't remember whether that was a Johnny Most or a Marv Albert thing.

Reaction Score
Can't say I expect it to fall but while their shots are/were in the air I clench my fist and get ready to yell "Bang!" at my TV screen. Bueckers too. And I get to yell it a lot for them. Can't remember whether that was a Johnny Most or a Marv Albert thing.
I believe Marv's was YES!!

Reaction Score
Yeah I see the KML references as far a shooting but Azzi is a bit quicker, better defender, better screener and has a better floor game then even freshman KML. Kaleena has a beautiful shot but Azzi's mechanics, it just looks so easy to her.

Her discipline on both sides of the floor make her look more Maya Moorish to me

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
The truth is CD's form is only OK. She cocks that elbow and shoots from her ear. Evina though has a really pretty form that looks a lot like Ray Allen's, all one motion. Sweet.
Yes, I love watching Evina shoot, and play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom