Azzi & CW Out Fri & Sun | The Boneyard

Azzi & CW Out Fri & Sun

Reaction Score
C298963B-D485-495E-9563-C3E5C6227F56.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ouch. So streak of not losing back-to-back games, conference winning streak and SNY unbeaten streak will all be on the line with a little bit of uncertainty,

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That stinks, I want to see Azzi in action (and CW back too). Maybe Azzi is healed but needs more conditioning time or more time to learn/relearn the play schemes.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Well. Jan 27 SC is the target. If they can go, that should be more interesting but with so little practice possible, I can see a win.

By the way, the BY pooped our OR game score. Losing by 13 pts is bad enough but 27. :eek::eek::eek::oops::oops:

1642714123100.png

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Thanks for this update AmeriCONN.

Reaction Score
I have to admire unbridled optimism about beating SC right now.
The message about Azzi is clear ( she won't play) but the reason why is muddled. And that is what we really want to know. Is she in covid protocol like Williams? Is she still not recovered? Is she not in condition ( certainly ). As an aside, I think it would be ludicrous to target Azzi's first game exposure against South Carolina. But maybe it make sense. Throw her into the fire.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ouch. So streak of not losing back-to-back games, conference winning streak and SNY unbeaten streak will all be on the line with a little bit of uncertainty,
9k=.jpg

What about back to back losses to unranked teams??? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Hey just the fact that Geno said Azzi won't play means there was a chance she could have, so she must be close. That's something positive, right?

What they did with Mühl and Fudd so far was incremental return. Stationary bike to treadmill to 15 min. to full game. Checking the feet at each step to see if they react. As long as Geno doesn't say the word "setback".

Reaction Score
Ok. Need to show some resolve.
Both can be very good teams. Very difficult for an under staffed team. With St Johns the press may be effective. Seaton hall, if memory doesn't fail me, they have 2 good 3 point shooters. I do believe Uconn even with missing chess pieces have both of these games under control.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Both can be very good teams. Very difficult for an under staffed team. With St Johns the press may be effective. Seaton hall, if memory doesn't fail me, they have 2 good 3 point shooters. I do believe Uconn even with missing chess pieces have both of these games under control.
Unless our 6+ players get some foul trouble (in the guard position) , we should be fine. SH (3-4) and STJ(1-5) have not shown anything

Reaction Score
fireford said:

View attachment 72568

What about back to back losses to unranked teams??

Guilty as charged I suppose even though I wasn't really trying to be negative. I think/hope our streaks will remain in tact after Sunday.

Reaction Score
I hope they don't bring Azzi back for SC but maybe if it's just 10-15 minutes or something like that. She's been running for over a week now right? She can maybe practice this week. We need her to get her health fixed. Hopefully Christin is asymptomatic and can play. The chances of beating SC without Paige and next to nil. I think with a full team ( Azzi, Paige and Chistin ) we'd have a 50/50 shot maybe as Caroline will help us especially against 2 short guards. We have to knock down the 3 pointers to beat them.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Hey just the fact that Geno said Azzi won't play means there was a chance she could have, so she must be close. That's something positive, right?
Or maybe Geno was responding to a question about Azzi playing this weekend? I was wondering how Carl got the information that he tweeted about, private interview, press conference, etc

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm a bit concerned about Azzi. I thought her and Nika were on similar timelines, though I think Azzi started sitting out earlier. I guess its good we still have those additional Big East games to make up, plus the Tennessee game as a game v a top 10 opponent. Hopefully she can be back by the Creighton game on February 4th. I'd really love to see a 30 minute game from Azzi before Paige gets back

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Unless our 6+ players get some foul trouble (in the guard position) , we should be fine. SH (3-4) and STJ(1-5) have not shown anything
Agree with you 100% but what amazes me is how teams, regardless of their record, sometimes just play at a different level against us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom