Azzi article | The Boneyard

Azzi article

Reaction Score
Looking forward to a “Maya like” season from our rising super soph!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a great article...

Gotta love Tim's dedication to superstition and mojo!

The two even created fan-like superstitions. Katie always wore the same outfit to every game: UConn hoodie and T-shirt and a pair of sweats. She washed the set in between games. Tim rotated through a selection of UConn T-shirts. If the team lost or Azzi didn’t have a particularly good night, he’d put that specific shirt back in the corner of his drawer and rotate it out of the selection.

And what kind and thoughtful people:

Katie and Tim — both former college basketball players — provided as much support for their daughter’s teammates as they do for Azzi. Whether that’s opening their house for them or recognizing when a player is down and needs to be picked up.

“Dorka (Juhász) doesn’t have her family here,” Katie said. “If she didn’t have a good game or she seems down like I can see her body language doesn’t look great or her eyes look down, I’ll be like, ‘Hey, let’s go to dinner
.’ ”

And... such a well rounded and grounded kid. Love everything about her and can't wait to see how she grows and improves.

Said Katie, “She stuck it out. She’s never cared what other people think. She’s like, ‘I’m gonna do me. I’m gonna be the best me possible.’ She’s stayed true to who she is. She didn’t get enamored with the big lights and all the hype.

PvP

Reaction Score
Azzi has parental support, team support and Huskie Nation support.
Can an All American first team selection be far behind?

Go Z, Go!!!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
“Dorka (Juhász) doesn’t have her family here,” Katie said. “If she didn’t have a good game or she seems down like I can see her body language doesn’t look great or her eyes look down, I’ll be like, ‘Hey, let’s go to dinner.’ ”
That warmed even my cold dead heart…

Based on a couple of social media posts, I’m pretty sure Dorka’s family was able to come for a little while after the season ended. I hope they got to meet the Fudds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom