Azzi announcing tomorrow 11am | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Azzi announcing tomorrow 11am

Reaction Score
When you play for UConn you will be eventually household name if you’re a great player. These next 4 years all eyes will be on UConn because of the attention that Paige brings. It’s 4 years of college basketball but you have the rest of your life.

Reaction Score
If Azzi needs an example of what 4 years under Geno means - she only needs to look at Chrystal Dangerfield's career so far. Drafted in the second round, thrust into a starting point guard role, excels and becomes the WNBA Rookie of the Year. A program like UConn can be a difference maker for players.
Unfortunately 17-18 year old kids don't always think about things the way adults do, and even if parents do their best to give guidance, recruits are ultimately steered or swayed by their own desires.

Reaction Score
If she's as good as everyone says, it really doesn't matter where she goes. Anyone think Stewie wouldn't be the best in the world today if she went somewhere other than UConn?
I think like EDD it would have taken her longer and some Olympic coaching by Geno for Stewie to be the best.... I've really seen a difference in EDD and Griner's game after some Geno Olympic coaching.

Reaction Score
Again, what would be thanking you for? A guess where you had a 50% chance of being right?

I told youall what would be happening and when.
Told you decision on the 11th. That's not a 50% thing.
Oh well, some people are just very quick to criticize and slow to say anything positive. Oh well, such is life. Full of all types of people.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
If she's as good as everyone says, it really doesn't matter where she goes. Anyone think Stewie wouldn't be the best in the world today if she went somewhere other than UConn?
A frequently made statement. If you look at the WNBA there is evidence that UConn training gives its grads an edge. Geno and Co. push the players to be multifaceted. We'll never know about Stewie elsewhere, but she like others came out WNBA ready. Most recent example Crystal who seized an opportunity and beat it into submission.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
I think that there may be too much competition between her and Paige and Azzi will want to be a star on another team. She will still compete against Paige, but, be the star.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
I would be very surprised if she picks Uconn.
Me too. It is 2020. We can't have nice things. Actually, perhaps is 2020, I would hope she goes to wherever she thinks she will be the happiest. The year has given me a dose of perspective.

Reaction Score
I told youall what would be happening and when.
Told you decision on the 11th. That's not a 50% thing.
Oh well, some people are just very quick to criticize and slow to say anything positive. Oh well, such is life. Full of all types of people.

And some people are very quick to claim credit for nothing at all.

Reaction Score
If Azzi doesn't commit to UConn tomorrow, there's nothing anyone can do. We have lots of young, incredibly talented players that can win the championship. The other 3 teams aren't nearly as talented as UConn, even with Azzi.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
40 minutes to go, I am really feeling this now...

(still doomed.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And some people are very quick to claim credit for nothing at all.

He's asking for a verbal pat on the back in a women's college basketball forum. That's not really asking for a lot of credit. Geesh, let it go.

Reaction Score
If Azzi doesn't commit to UConn tomorrow, there's nothing anyone can do. We have lots of young, incredibly talented players that can win the championship. The other 3 teams aren't nearly as talented as UConn, even with Azzi.
I'm happy with who we have and who we have coming. UConn won't get them all, and hasn't from Haley Jones to Aaliyah Boston.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

The announcement of only UCLA or UConn is in the video so I guess that is the true state of affairs

Tell me, doesn't the color scheme fit UConn better

1605109381521.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I agree with this. Maryland would be close but UConn's post players are far superior.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Unfortunately 17-18 year old kids don't always think about things the way adults do, and even if parents do their best to give guidance, recruits are ultimately steered or swayed by their own desires.

Bingo!!!

Reaction Score
I think she’s going to UCLA. That’s the only college account she’s following on Instagram that’s in her top 4

Reaction Score
I think she’s going to UCLA. That’s the only college account she’s following on Instagram that’s in her top 4

Those are UCLA colors in that video, too

I bet she's a Bruin.

Reaction Score

IMO, that would not make any "sense" from purely a basketball standpoint.

Reaction Score
If anything, she's a WCBB fan, and where do you think she wants to be come March?....on the court, in the Final Four, playing for a NC...survey says, UCONN!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom