Azzi announcing tomorrow 11am | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Azzi announcing tomorrow 11am

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not sure if it means anything but I thought the answer to this question may give you a clue since the question is about next year recruits

I don't know what Azzi will do but Ducharme was never going to mention her as a recruit when Azzi's been building towards an announcement.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
My guess is UCLA or Maryland, followed by UCONN and Louisville if those are indeed the four finalists.

Down to UConn and UCLA according to Clay Kallam who revealed this nugget before Azzi did tonight.

Reaction Score
I don't know what Azzi will do but CD5 was never going to mention her as a recruit when Azzi's been building towards an announcement.

Maybe it's a technicality but Azzi is a recruit, not a commit so it would have been fair for CD5 to mention her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
source.gif

Might wanna bring a medic too....

Reaction Score
But CD was asked about her fellow UConn '21 recruits of which Fudd wasn't at the time. Why would she mention her?

That's why I said it is a technicality because I thought she is considered a recruit as long as she is being recruited? She is just not a commit, yet.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
That's why I said it is a technicality because I thought she is considered a recruit as long as she is being recruited? She is just not a commit, yet.

Gotcha. But pretty sure the dude on the video was talking about her fellow UConn commits which is why Ducharme mentioned Saylor and Amari.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'll be surprised if she picks anywhere other than UCONN. UCONN more often than not lands #1 recruits and she'd fit in quite well playing off her friend Bueckers for 3 years. UCONN is also has heavy ball movement and a system that prioritizes 3pt shooters. If you look through past players, I'm sure she sees a lot of parallels to gunners like Taurasi, KML, Nurse, Samuelson, Moore and even Walker this last year. Very much just seems like a good fit for her playing style.

Maryland is the hometown school but I just don't see it happening with all of the transfers as of late. The program has a lot of talent but doesn't appear to be on a championship track.

Same with UCLA who is solid but gets minimal fan support and doesn't appear to be on a championship track either. Playing style I don't see fitting well either, as UCLA has never been a strong 3pt shooting program.

Louisville could be a good choice for her since they have a very good freshman class plus Verhulst in 2021....but Louisville is a world of difference culture wise from DC, and I just think the odds are far more likely that she'll end up in Storrs. That's my 2 cents.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I'll be surprised if she picks anywhere other than UCONN.

Maryland is the hometown school but I just don't see it happening with all of the transfers as of late. The program has a lot of talent but doesn't appear to be on a championship track.

Same with UCLA who is solid but gets minimal fan support and doesn't appear to be on a championship track either....

Louisville could be a good choice for her since they have a very good freshman class plus Verhulst in 2021....

Maryland and Louisville apparently out.

Reaction Score
Let’s just let this young lady tell us what her decision is. If it’s UConn... great. If it’s elsewhere... good luck to Azzi.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember saying this EXACT information 2 weeks ago.
I said announcement on the 11th on her Birthday.
Your welcome.
I'll take the Thank You messages late tomorrow morning. :)

Reaction Score
There have been plenty of great players that did not go to Uconn.

That is undeniable! Another thing that is undeniable is the fact that coaches in the WNBA are huge UCONN player fans because they know that those players are simply better prepared and will not need as much remedial lessons in order to be effective players at the pro level! This difference is less with the truly elite players because of their incredible talent but it is still there, just not as obvious. Much of the UCONN player’s value is in their intangibles. They are team oriented, well behaved, low maintenance, high character people, who have played (and usually won) many “big” games against the toughest teams in women’s college basketball! They are fundamentally sound players who have served a four year apprenticeship under the best women’s basketball coach who has ever lived and the best associate head coach who has ever lived! Either one of those would be good, but these two together are a sum much greater than their parts. Anyway, my long winded point is that there is simply no comparison between UCONN and the three other schools in terms of preparing her for a professional basketball career!

Reaction Score
Good luck to Azzi, whatever she decides to go to college.

As a Maryland fan, if she chooses the Terps, excitement. If not, it's business as usual. No big lost.

I just hope the BY don't go into major meltdown if she doesn't choose UConn. It will be the opposite of what I said above.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If Azzi needs an example of what 4 years under Geno means - she only needs to look at Chrystal Dangerfield's career so far. Drafted in the second round, thrust into a starting point guard role, excels and becomes the WNBA Rookie of the Year. A program like UConn can be a difference maker for players.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember saying this EXACT information 2 weeks ago.
I said announcement on the 11th on her Birthday.
Your welcome.
I'll take the Thank You messages late tomorrow morning. :)

Again, what would be thanking you for? A guess where you had a 50% chance of being right?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom