Azzi announcing tomorrow 11am | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Azzi announcing tomorrow 11am

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I do think Azzi is going to try to downplay her friendship with Paige a bit as she carves out her own identity. It will be interesting to see how Geno interacts with Azzi personality wise. She does not seem to have any of the wise guy persona of a Paige or Diana or Jennifer or even Sue. Crystal and Moriah were serious kids while Azzi seems more bubbly,. I guess the closest persona that comes to my mind is Renee Montgomery
I think that the dream is to compete at the highest level with your BFF by your side. Can you imagine how much fun that would be?

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I do think Azzi is going to try to downplay her friendship with Paige a bit as she carves out her own identity. It will be interesting to see how Geno interacts with Azzi personality wise. She does not seem to have any of the wise guy persona of a Paige or Diana or Jennifer or even Sue. Crystal and Moriah were serious kids while Azzi seems more bubbly,. I guess the closest persona that comes to my mind is Renee Montgomery
Paige can be a wise-guy, a little like Diana, but more religious. Azzi is calmer and sweet, something like a combo of Sue and Maya. I think Paige and Azzi will continue to be good influences on each other.

CL82

Reaction Score
I had to do my "Voice of Reason" thing. I can report that JordyG is ok now. ;)
1605115295897.png

"UCLA is not the team she is looking for."

Reaction Score
I told youall what would be happening and when.
Told you decision on the 11th. That's not a 50% thing.
Oh well, some people are just very quick to criticize and slow to say anything positive. Oh well, such is life. Full of all types of people.
Toot toot

CL82

Reaction Score
I told youall what would be happening and when.
Told you decision on the 11th. That's not a 50% thing.
Oh well, some people are just very quick to criticize and slow to say anything positive. Oh well, such is life. Full of all types of people.
You'd be better off with an understated smug silence. You know, kind of like...

1605116172646.png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The ESPN article about her choice says she came to a final conclusion about a month ago while visiting Paige for Paige's birthday. It's been UConn for a bit though apparently not all that long.

I'm probably repeating something mentioned in the Azzi to UConn thread but I haven't perused it yet.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The ESPN article about her choice says she came to a final conclusion about a month ago while visiting Paige for Paige's birthday. It's been UConn for a bit though apparently not all that long.

I'm probably repeating something mentioned in the Azzi to UConn thread but I haven't perused it yet.

Interesting how you get to see there was some tension between Azzi and Dad. He wanted to have the school a drive away, wanting to see her games. Plainly he was not a UCLA fan. Seems that her making the announcement in the car as they approached Storrs "put the old man out of his misery".

Reaction Score
For those that didn't see the announcement, it was rather cut. She introduced her dog, Stewie, told us about herself, then joked about not announcing. Took the camera off her and then back on, she unzipped her UA hoodie to a UCONN shirt. Had her UCONN jersey hung on a UCONN backround and brought Stewie back with a UCONN shirt on. It wasn't a look-at-me announcement like some of you thought.

PS......... I have been truing to post it

Reaction Score
This would guarantee us 5 National Championship in a row (including this season) if she picks UConn.

I am not even sure if Uconn can win the NC this year. The team is talented but too young.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I am not even sure if Uconn can win the NC this year. The team is talented but too young.

Last year's South Carolina team was younger and certainly a main threat to win had there been a tourney. Just saying.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
For those that didn't see the announcement, it was rather cut. She introduced her dog, Stewie, told us about herself, then joked about not announcing. Took the camera off her and then back on, she unzipped her UA hoodie to a UCONN shirt. Had her UCONN jersey hung on a UCONN backround and brought Stewie back with a UCONN shirt on. It wasn't a look-at-me announcement like some of you thought.

PS......... I have been truing to post it
I posted it up there 4 posts above yours.

Reaction Score
Last year's South Carolina team was younger and certainly a main threat to win had there been a tourney. Just saying.

Re: SC, we (except for the SC fans) will never know.

I am not saying that Uconn has no chance of winning the NC this year, but the team is very young so I would not put my money on it.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As much as I would like to agree with you, there are no guarantees. Here's hoping your prediction comes true.
It's really a sign of how tremendously spoiled we've become as UConn fans, to think that anything at all is guaranteed just based on some good recruiting.

First of all, other programs are much more developed now than they were in the 2014-2016 period, when UConn lost only one game in three years. Most notably, South Carolina's 2019 recruiting class may be one of the best ever, and their 2021 class (with 3 of the top 4 recruits per HG) may be even better. None of the would-be challengers to UConn were anywhere near that ballpark just from a personnel standpoint when UConn won its 4 straight NCs. Baylor, Oregon, Stanford and others are also much better now than 5 years ago.

And while it's fun to muse about it, this is why I doubt we'll be hearing the same accusations of "bad for the game" as what surfaced in the spring of 2016.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Re: SC, we (except for the SC fans) will never know.

I am not saying that Uconn has no chance of winning the NC this year, but the team is very young so I would not put my money on it.
Luckily you’ve been 100% wrong on everything lately

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom