Azzi - A few observations | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Azzi - A few observations

Reaction Score
Regarding the minutes for Azzi, Aubrey and Caroline, I think two of those are guaranteed major minutes, but Caroline not so much. She could be number 7 in a rotation of 7 or maybe number 7 in a rotation of 8 if Ayanna gets regular minutes. It is conceivable Azzi could start at some point, but whether she does or doesn't, I see near 30 minutes a game soon.

Aubrey might see a small reduction but not much, because she is also a prime candidate for providing rest for our two starting bigs. Her first two years she was used mostly as an undersized big who could rebound, block shots, and score inside like a much bigger player. This year she was more badly needed on the wing. Azzi and to a lesser extent Caroline's return means she can now be considered for both roles.

If Ice had played this year, and if Ayanna had showed more than she has thus far, the backup bigs would not be as much of a question mark, but right now it is. Dorka and Aaliyah have been great, but the principle backups Ayanna and Amari have largely underachieved our expectations. Geno now has the option of using a proven great backup in Aubrey for that role, perhaps in a three big rotation.

Aubrey can still be used on the wing but between both roles she could still get major minutes. Caroline if she was in last year's form might be considered as good or better at the 3 and the 4, but she has not been producing at that level. I think she will get there, but it might be next year. To be considered an equal option for Aubrey IMO she would need several very good games not one.
I think we'll see Azzi starting in the tournament - after playing 30+ minutes in the BET championship game and 10ish days to practice together as a full team for the first time since November, I don't see Geno not maximizing her time on the floor during the most important 6 game stretch of the season.

We'll see though, I love Aubrey as a player so don't want it to be taken as a negative for her. I think she might be might be someone that plays better as an impact player off the bench vs a starter though so it could be a benefit to her.

Reaction Score
Teams cannot ignore her. She is great just taking defense off of Lou or Caroline. She got more into the game as it went along. Shooting short typically is in the legs, tired or weak. That too shall pass. I'm happy to get 5 minutes from her, she's that important. The one that concerns me is Caroline . She is holding her head much too much. Is it that painful,? If she is having head pains of any kind--let her rest until next season.

JBK

Reaction Score
I think we'll see Azzi starting in the tournament - after playing 30+ minutes in the BET championship game and 10ish days to practice together as a full team for the first time since November, I don't see Geno not maximizing her time on the floor during the most important 6 game stretch of the season.

We'll see though, I love Aubrey as a player so don't want it to be taken as a negative for her. I think she might be might be someone that plays better as an impact player off the bench vs a starter though so it could be a benefit to her.
Great question.
A healthy Azzi would start on any team in America, but the question is what spot —. Based on the competition it could be Aubrey, Lou or Dorka.
Would love to see us press a bit going forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom