Azzi 11 of 12 | The Boneyard

Azzi 11 of 12

Reaction Score
I think she needs to shoot more with a hand in her face. Shooting wide open 3s is great but it changes in a game when the opponent knows you are option 1 or option 2. I would also put more emphasis on having the passer in a position that would emulate a pass in a game. That way when she catches and shoots the amount of movement taken to get off the shot is comparable to that of live action in a game.

No doubt she is an amazing shooting and she does have the ability to raise the level of difficulty in her practice sessions.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think she needs to shoot more with a hand in her face. Shooting wide open 3s is great but it changes in a game when the opponent knows you are option 1 or option 2. I would also put more emphasis on having the passer in a position that would emulate a pass in a game. That way when she catches and shoots the amount of movement taken to get off the shot is comparable to that of live action in a game.

No doubt she is an amazing shooting and she does have the ability to raise the level of difficulty in her practice sessions.
She needs to retain muscle memory too and shooting the same shot over and over will help

Reaction Score
I think that was against South Florida when she hit 10 or something crazy like that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Another reminder of both, “what could have been” and “what could still be”, particularly if Azzi and Paige are on the court together, putting tremendous pressure on defenders.

JBK

Reaction Score
Azzi's been 100% healthy for all of 6.25 games at Connecticut. She's had more starts and stops than a street light. Hard to develop consistency that way.
I know many on this site give their medical opinion on our players. I also know these world class athletes know their bodies and always want to be in the spot light and playing. With that said, we all know Azzi was not herself in the tournament - whether it was rust - knee brace
or limited mobility on that leg.
I was just hoping she would have rested for a few months
The greatest college players have played the entire season.
I.e. — Caitlin Clark and Stewie.
and I know we are all rooting for Paige and Azzi to do that next year.

Reaction Score
In the beginning of the past season, the only thing prettier than Azzi's 3 was her ability to drive into traffic and shoot the midrange jumper. Her knee likely slowed her down, but predict this coming year opponents will learn to fear her ability to use her height and quick release inside the key as much as her long-range game.

Reaction Score
If you're talking about the Katie Lou 10 3-pointer game, that was not really high stakes as it was a UConn blowout something like 100-40. Poor Jose.

Reaction Score
I still have visions of Azzi and Paige being the Splash Sisters. Like Curry and Thompson for the Warriors.
That would be nice. Put them on opposite sides of the court to make it impossible to double them both. Have a feeling the paint is going to open up nicely next season so long as we have Paige and Azzi out there bombing away from 3.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That would be nice. Put them on opposite sides of the court to make it impossible to double them both. Have a feeling the paint is going to open up nicely next season so long as we have Paige and Azzi out there bombing away from 3.
And Caroline :) She and Aubrey bring something different, but equally important, at the wing/forward spot

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I still have visions of Azzi and Paige being the Splash Sisters. Like Curry and Thompson for the Warriors.
Combination of the best game time player, Paige, and the best practice time player, Azzi, compared with two of the best game time players, Curry and Clay.

Reaction Score
Combination of the best game time player, Paige, and the best practice time player, Azzi, compared with two of the best game time players, Curry and Clay.
I am tired of this narrative. Azzi has been great in games, before she got injured she showed herself to be the best player in the country. I'm sick of people trashing our own players.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Katie Lou went 10 for 10 from 3pt land, scoring 40 points and only played 27+ minutes. If she had played some of the 4th quarter she would have set a new UConn single game scoring record.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I can see it now with Aaliyah, Nika, Paige, Azzi and Caroline as the starting five when Geno plays the 4 guard offense and Aaliyah, Nika, Paige, Azzi and Ice when he plays a 3 guard with a 4 & 5. UConn is going to give lots of teams headaches next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom