Azzi’s shot | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Azzi’s shot

Reaction Score
When Azzi was shooting last night, I noticed that while her release is quick, her motion appears to be slow, almost languid. It’s the purity of her shot, done exactly the same way every single time, that is a thing of beauty. The tempo, and it’s consistency, is a marvel. I haven’t seen such a pretty shot since KML. And Azzi is a freshman - this is the worst she’ll be!

View attachment 72750
Excellent descriptor of Azzi's shot--her motion does reflect hours and hours of perfection. Her shot colloquially expressed. is "like butta"...

Reaction Score
Without Azzi Fudd we don't win last night's game. The same can be said for Christyn Williams.
We won by 2? Without Liv or Nika or Caroline or Evina we don’t win. Without whoever scored. Ok I’m being a smart arse but I don’t get these “without” post.

Reaction Score
Another aspect from Azzi was that with 4.36 left in 3rd quarter Geno took out Ducharme and CWill with her being the primary option and during that time UCONN was down by 4. When CWill came back about 30 seconds left UCONN was up by 1. During UCONN’s bad stretch this could never have happeend vs a quality team. CDucharme and CWill needed to play 40. And they aren’t going to play perfect so this also accounts for past eventual lulls in the offense. There wasn’t as much help from others to make it easier for them. They aren’t pros.

As we have known, it’s so vital we get Azzi back. A further drill down looking back at this game we can see it’s not just Azzi’s shooting. Geno pulled her in the 4th quarter with UCONN up by 4. When she came back with a little over 3 minutes left, UCONN was down by 2. At that point, with about 2:25 left she got rebound over Morrow. She then kept her dribble alive and it was her penetration that drew Ducharme’s defender to help in stopping Azzi further penetrate with the ball – that was around the 2:17 mark. Subsequently, Azzi passed to Nika, who then made a quick pass to Ducharme who then nailed the 3 to put UCONN back in the lead. In this play, Ducharme’s defender couldn’t get back quick enough to Ducharme after helping stop Azzi from further penetration. The 3 Ducharme made was setup by Azzi’s penetration.

Going forward will be interested to see how the 3 of Azzi, CWill, and Ducharme improve as they play more time together. I love the fact that each of the 3 are a bit different .Also, in terms of continuity, it would be interesting to see them play without being subjected to grammar-school-referees. In the 2nd half the charges on Azzi and CWill were a joke. The Azzi charge was laughable even for grammar school. The 3rd foul on Ducharme was a comedy-hour call. And I’m not certain but Azzi’s foul at end of 3rd quarter looked more like the DePaul player lost her balance. It seemed just as similar as a prior play in 3rd quarter that Muhl drove into the lane (not the play she hurt her wrist) and flung up a shot near the basket as she sprawled to to the floor yet no call was made.-- Anyway, pretty excited to see more from our team going forward.

Reaction Score
Have not read the thread so if it has been mentioned I apologize. For me, I had a pretty good idea watching her form and quick release against Arkansas she could shoot.
I was most impressed with her defense, she was totally engaged and moved her feet laterally very well. One of the plays she made that was huge but one that generally falls into the “forgotten pile” was the steal she made from the weak side, coming from behind Morrow to take the ball out of her hands. She doesn’t give help Morrow lays the ball in unopposed. One of those unsung plays that makes all the difference in a nail biter type game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom