Ayanno Patterson | The Boneyard

Ayanno Patterson

Reaction Score
I also wonder if the games missed due to injury or being sick is correct for Ayanna at 6. Isn't there at least 1 or 2 DNP Coaches decision in there, that were games she did not play but was available?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I also wonder if the games missed due to injury or being sick is correct for Ayanna at 6. Isn't there at least 1 or 2 DNP Coaches decision in there, that were games she did not play but was available?
The graphic is about games missed due to injuries. Aubrey missed a game due to sickness and wasn’t listed

Reaction Score
Ayanna was in concussion protocol for a while, though I didn't think it was 6 games.

Reaction Score
I believe that they also stated that Aaliyah and Nika have played and started every game this season. They were only off by 1. :)

Yeah, I caught that too. They meant Lou. Nika missed the Maryland game in concussion protocol.

But Aaliyah and Lou have not exactly made it through the season unscathed. Lou sat out the last critical minutes of the Princeton game with a foot injury, and Aaliyah would have missed the first DePaul game with an ankle injury but for the fact that so many other players were injured that they couldn't field a team and had to postpone the game.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I believe that they also stated that Aaliyah and Nika have played and started every game this season. They were only off by 1. :)
They should have stated Aaliyah and Lou have played and started every game this season. But I have to admit that this crew in my opinion was the best announcers that have done a UConn game this season, including the SNY crew.

Reaction Score
Pretty soon she will be Ayannx (as in Latinx) to avoid gender specificity.
Not sure this post would be funny to everyone—and probably not Ayanna.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
They should have stated Aaliyah and Lou have played and started every game this season. But I have to admit that this crew in my opinion was the best announcers that have done a UConn game this season, including the SNY crew.
Yeah, I caught that too. They meant Lou. Nika missed the Maryland game in concussion protocol.

But Aaliyah and Lou have not exactly made it through the season unscathed. Lou sat out the last critical minutes of the Princeton game with a foot injury, and Aaliyah would have missed the first DePaul game with an ankle injury but for the fact that so many other players were injured that they couldn't field a team and had to postpone the game.
I know what they meant and was attempting a joke by saying that the announcers were off by 1... they picked player #10 instead of player #11. :)

I also liked this announce team especially when they (FS1) replayed how the crowd reacted when the big screen showed Caroline back on the bench. Classy move IMO.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Yeah, I caught both the graphic with Ayanna's name spelled wrong and the flub about playing all the games.

I give them a pass. I've misspoken and made typos, including typos that made it through many layers of review. It happens, and I'm thankful that they're broadcasting the games. I agree that the crew is way better than most.

I'm glad that Eric Frede is doing postseason games; he's still my favorite WBB announcer.

Reaction Score
LOL.

Not at all impressed with FS1 and especially their announcers. It is like they do not even follow the game of basketball. I do not know why we are even playing this game because they keep talking about how Marquette beat UCONN and almost make it sound like they will again. Glad the half time score does not support that.
But these announcers make it sound like UCONN is doing horrible because they are only winning by single digits, but then complain when they blow out teams.... so what is it? What do you want? Blow outs, close games? or Do they not so secretly want UCONN losses?

Reaction Score
More mistakes today: a graphic shown twice credited Auriemma as leading Division I in wins (he still trails VanDerveer by 7 after today's win). The announcers said Connecticut hadn't been at full-strength since the season opener against Texas: that was Connecticut's second game; Ducharme missed the opener.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom