Ayanna (Possibly) Out For Season | The Boneyard

Ayanna (Possibly) Out For Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Was hoping she'd come back, but wasn't really expecting it. I don't expect to see Caroline back this season (if ever) either. All the symptoms she has to deal with from all her head traumas just sound bad (at the very least, extremely tricky). Her health is obviously the most important thing.

Anyway, at least now we know more (about Ayanna), and I appreciate Geno coming out with the update.

Roster of 14 down to 10. A pair of end of bench players, so a core group of 8. At least the team will be able to practice with what they have and know now as they sharpen the rotations, etc. Hopefully if/when the freshmen hit the wall, it all comes at different times and is "small" LOL.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
yeah, 8 ln the rotation for the next 25 (or more) games.

that's a long stretch to go w/o further injuries.

and with the trend of the past 3 years, i wouldn't be betting on that.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reaction Score
In the back of my mind, she was going to be the "secret weapon" for us in the 2nd half of the year. I envisioned her returning with great up fakes, ball fakes, head fakes, etc - and she was scoring in bunches and simply owning the boards. Alas, another dream gone down the river....:(

Reaction Score
If the knee needs to fixed they need to get it done so she will be ready for next season. Patches on knee injuries seems to lead to a major surgery at some point in the future. As for Caroline she really needs to do what is best for her life, not her basketball career at this point. Once major concussion had lasting symptoms for one of my kids so I feel for what her and her family are dealing with.

A rotation of 8, isn't that ironic.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
What we all suspected but hoped not to hear.

Some random thoughts. First, news of Ayanna & Caroline's status didn't surprise me. That being said, now Geno & staff have some clarity (for a while) on working with the remaining 10 players. Just maybe, that helps with the starters & subs, and if by chance, Caroline returns to play, he can use her as a super sub, rather than depending on her for a starter role & minutes. Knowing what you have and what you can do is easier than a situation where every day it's a changing who's in, who's out.

I'm hoping with this clarity (and i use that term loosely), the team can focus on what they have, what they need to do. Still though, my heart is heavy with all this turmoil, and I feel for the players who are not in a position they thought they would be this past summer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Well, at least the great Jana/Ayanna Geno comment mystery from prior to the season is rectified. He was talking about Ayanna possibly being back by March, not Jana, but that's because he knew her situation was much more serious than the public was led to believe.

Reaction Score
Well, at least the great Jana/Ayanna Geno comment mystery from prior to the season is rectified. He was talking about Ayanna possibly being back by March, not Jana, but that's because he knew her situation was much more serious than the public was led to believe.
More reason that the last scholarship should have....

Oh never mind....that horse has no pulse.

Reaction Score
In the back of my mind, she was going to be the "secret weapon" for us in the 2nd half of the year. I envisioned her returning with great up fakes, ball fakes, head fakes, etc - and she was scoring in bunches and simply owning the boards. Alas, another dream gone down the river....:(
Exactly what I was thinking.............not sure what the basketball gods have against UConn.....I guess Geno has just won too many NCs for their liking......:(

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I must confess that when I heard this latest UConn injury news, I felt a strange feeling of inevitability, born of 3 straight years of news like this. I feel terrible for Yanna, terrible for the team, terrible for the coaches and terrible for the fan base.

So much has to go right to win a championship, and UConn WBB won 11 of them. But there is absolutely no way to rationalize what’s happened over the past 3 years.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It was never a question.

Reaction Score
I wonder if an international player could be added for the second semester. Jana did it, and she was eligible to be on the active roster.

Reaction Score

tmp.gif

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
I wonder if an international player could be added for the second semester. Jana did it, and she was eligible to be on the active roster.
Understand your thought here, however even if there was a player to add, it would mean a lot of effort to integrate her into the team, teach her everything that the freshmen have learned since arriving on campus in June, and then figuring out how to add a new player to the rotation, especially when it just became clear today on what the coaches have to work with going forward for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
yeah, 8 ln the rotation for the next 25 (or more) games.

that's a long stretch to go w/o further injuries.

and with the trend of the past 3 years, i wouldn't be betting on that.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Unfortunately you are right. If for whatever reason a couple of players missed a game we would be under the required 7 available players and the game might have to be canceled or postponed as I understand it. It is what it is, hard to fathom the last three years even being possible back to back.

Reaction Score
Wow, what did you see last year that made you think that

Reaction Score

Thing is, Jana signed during the early signing period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom