Ayanna Patterson workout video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson workout video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think it's appropriate for any athlete to have a championship as their goal, whether it's a conference or a national title. It's inappropriate for a fan to say that anything less is failure.

Those who do feel that way might consider skipping the season until the night of the final and if UConn isn't playing you saved yourself having to sit through 39 or so meaningless games. Because only the championship game has any meaning to you. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think it's appropriate for any athlete to have a championship as their goal, whether it's a conference or a national title. It's inappropriate for a fan to say that anything less is failure.

Those who do feel that way might consider skipping the season until the night of the final and if UConn isn't playing you saved yourself having to sit through 39 or so meaningless games. Because only the championship game has any meaning to you. :rolleyes:
@WFFL told ya. Softer gentler. Fanatics can want it ALL. Any sports team that doesn’t win it all at the end of the season can and will have a portion of the fan base that considers it a failure. Any person who thinks that inappropriate for a fan to feel some kind of way is full of themself. Fans come in varying degrees,

Reaction Score
Ok I was a little off with the quote

Paige Bueckers on Title Game Loss: 'At UConn, It's National Championship or Nothing'​

You re seriously taking this comment literally? Are you? I hope not.

Reaction Score
The BY is not exactly setting the Championship aspirations for UCONN WBB.

"At UConn, it's national championship or nothing," Bueckers said. "Obviously upset, frustrated, disappointed.
The comment should never be taken literally. There has to be an understanding between "disappointment and goals" vs "failure." There were other goals that were achieved in which the team can be proud of. On a test you have a goal for 100 but if you get 99 it doesn't make you a failure.

Reaction Score
The comment should never be taken literally. There has to be an understanding between "disappointment and goals" vs "failure." There were other goals that were achieved in which the team can be proud of. On a test you have a goal for 100 but if you get 99 it doesn't make you a failure.
And the winner of the “proud of trophy” goes to? Competitive sports/athletes have one goal in mind. That’s what drives the greats. I believe D and Sue have said similar things about going to UConn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
@WFFL told ya. Softer gentler. Fanatics can want it ALL. Any sports team that doesn’t win it all at the end of the season can and will have a portion of the fan base that considers it a failure. Any person who thinks that inappropriate for a fan to feel some kind of way is full of themself. Fans come in varying degrees,
A lot of people are jerks about the perceived “failures”. That’s where the heat comes from for those who don’t see failure.

Reaction Score
A lot of people are jerks about the perceived “failures”. That’s where the heat comes from for those who don’t see failure.
Hmm, well I’d sure like to hear from self driven athletes who have played at the highest level on what drives them to compete and what the ultimate goal of competition is to them individually or on a team sport. All the “MJs, Kobe’s, Phelps DT and Birds of the world may count the climb but it’s my belief that their hunger to be #1 and win it all fuels them. Anything less does not satisfy.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The failures are not "perceived" they are real. A lot of people are jerks even when UCONN wins (not big enough margin etc.)

“True winning is understanding [that] failure is the first step towards winning,” Geno says. “Failure will teach you how close you are to winning, and it will make you appreciate winning.”

Is Geno also a jerk for acknowledging failure?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hmm, well I’d sure like to hear from self driven athletes who have played at the highest level on what drives them to compete and what the ultimate goal of competition is to them individually or on a team sport. All the “MJs, Kobe’s, Phelps DT and Birds of the world may count the climb but it’s my belief that their hunger to be #1 and win it all fuels them. Anything less does not satisfy.
You are talking about the players; we are talking about the fans

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The failures are not "perceived" they are real. A lot of people are jerks even when UCONN wins (not big enough margin etc.)

“True winning is understanding [that] failure is the first step towards winning,” Geno says. “Failure will teach you how close you are to winning, and it will make you appreciate winning.”

Is Geno also a jerk for acknowledging failure?
Nice way to twist my words. Some people act like they’re owed something by the players and when disappointed these fans trash the kids and act like spoiled children denied their candy. I’ve deleted a multitude of posts declaring players a waste of a scholarship, a loser, stupid, or not caring about anyone but herself. These people, these supposed fans, are jerks.

Reaction Score
Typically, each year new kids have to learn the all or nothing Uconn approach. I think of this as Combat win or die. Actually, I do know the difference sports and combat but the basic training has a lot in common.
'It has been this way for the Women since Geno arrived, for the Men as long as I have known them--forever.

Reaction Score
Nice way to twist my words. Some people act like they’re owed something by the players and when disappointed these fans trash the kids and act like spoiled children denied their candy. I’ve deleted a multitude of posts declaring players a waste of a scholarship, a loser, stupid, or not caring about anyone but herself. These people, these supposed fans, are jerks.
I know ethics say you can't post their names. Dang you get me emotional with fans TRASHING MY kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom