Ayanna Patterson and Confessions from a Borderline Dunker.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ayanna Patterson and Confessions from a Borderline Dunker....

Reaction Score
The dunks may make her rich but I liked that she stuffed either or both of Ducharme & Fudd in that all star game. Projected as a 1-4 shutdown defender.

I feel like I just won the big prize on ThePriceIsRight and the announcer keeps saying "Wait, there's more!"

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Wow! She made that look easy. :eek: If she has Geno's blessings, I could definitely she her flush down a few during the season. What is impressive is that she's doing it with two hands. She's on her way to the WNBA, and untold wealth overseas. She's just stopping off at UConn for 4 years. It's scary to think how much better she'll be in 5 years after Geno and CD are through with her. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I’ll tell you one person that I’m absolutely certain wants to see Ayanna throw it down in a UConn uniform, and that would be Paige. I’m sure Paige can’t wait to lead a fast break with Ayanna busting it down the court on the wing. It will be Showtime, and let’s be honest, we’ll all be out of our seats when that happens.

Carnac

Reaction Score
How about in '23 ...... at TBA?
Dominique Wilkins was a nine-time NBA All-Star and is widely viewed as one of the best dunkers in NBA history, earning the nickname "The Human Highlight Film".

Ayanna Patterson could very easily be our own version of a "human highlight film. She is dripping wet with unbridled athleticism, and the bravado to pull it off. I can see her being unstoppable her junior and senior year. :cool:

Reaction Score
Dominique Wilkins was a nine-time NBA All-Star and is widely viewed as one of the best dunkers in NBA history, earning the nickname "The Human Highlight Film".

Ayanna Patterson could very easily be our own version of a "human highlight film. She is dripping wet with unbridled athleticism. I can see her being unstoppable her junior and seniors year. :cool:

Geno in 18 months: "She better dunk. She hasn't made one shot in practice"

Carnac

Reaction Score
I’ll tell you one person that I’m absolutely certain wants to see Ayanna throw it down in a UConn uniform, and that would be Paige. I’m sure Paige can’t wait to lead a fast break with Ayanna busting it down the court on the wing. It will be Showtime, and let’s be honest, we’ll all be out of our seats when that happens.
That is just one of the reasons UConn will be the biggest game on all of their opponent's schedule. She will definitely be worth the price of admission every time they take the floor, home or on the road!! ;) Paige, Azzi and Ayanna are 3 players all true (die-hard) WCBB fans will want to see. No doubt their jersey sales will "pop".

Reaction Score
Let’s make this about Paige also. Killin me dude!!

Reaction Score
Female dunks aren't going to happen often enough to change the game. Could be a fun play that draws certain fans and builds her reputation $$$.

Reaction Score
Just trying to make sure the BY doesn’t forget about her now that she’s out of action for awhile......
Don’t worry about that. Some are already putting her in the “greatest” conversation after her great freshmen season.

Reaction Score
Heck, I considered it a possibility after seeing her as a high school sophomore. :rolleyes:
Groundhog Day…… Not until she wins at the college level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Ayanna Patterson could very easily be our own version of a "human highlight film. She is dripping wet with unbridled athleticism, and the bravado to pull it off. I can see her being unstoppable her junior and senior year. :cool:

Bird got posterized badly in #4, Parrish was posterized in #3, Bird, Parrish, and DJ were victims in #2, and the entire Bucks team was dunked on in #1.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Groundhog Day…… Not until she wins at the college level.
I know right?! Let her win a game first before we praise her... Oh wait, what was our record last season again?
1623297400333.png

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A dunk in the men's game is generally boring because it is too easy. The reverse in the women's game.
If a certain UConn center could readily dunk during a game, there would be quite a few less missed lay ups. The issue with dunking in the men’s game isn’t dunking. It’s some of the chest thumping afterwards. Dunking is as high a percentage shot as you want. And few women can easily dunk, especially without a running start.

Reaction Score
No one complained when BG and Candace dunked in college. Well maybe is UConn fans cus Candace dunk and flex on UConn in a game.

Reaction Score
The dunks may make her rich but I liked that she stuffed either or both of Ducharme & Fudd in that all star game. Projected as a 1-4 shutdown defender.

I feel like I just won the big prize on ThePriceIsRight and the announcer keeps saying "Wait, there's more!"
The potential as a defender of multiple positions is very exciting. I heard somewhere a comment that she should be a lock-down defender not just in college but in the WNBA. I don't have any idea about her basketball skills because of limited video, but I did see a few clips of her defending much smaller players on the perimeter, thinking to myself, lets see if she can stay with the guards. The answer at least on a limited basis was no problem, and I even thought she reminded me of Scottie Pippin in many ways.

Offensively I don't know how she could play the 3, but defensively I am sure she could be a star there, and perhaps a completely contrasting style at that position to someone like Carolyn. As for the C's I think she could even handle most of them, compensating for a few inches with extra hops, but obviously could have issues against very tall, talented and athletic C's, which happens only a few times a year. She could easily be in the hunt for some playing time with others at three positions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom