AXS tv Comcast/Xfinity | The Boneyard

AXS tv Comcast/Xfinity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone contacted Comcast to find out if AXS TV will be added to cable lineup for Michigan game?

Reaction Score
Bump because this is going to be a major source of angst for me in the next week. I already was on the phone with Comcast for a while earlier this week about something else. Someone else needs to call.

Reaction Score
I may have to tweet them so the whole world can witness their shame. Or, AXS' website gives you an option to write a letter/email to your provider requesting they add the channel - would likely require a mass effort to work. I have TWC which doesn't carry the channel either.

Reaction Score
6GJWk.gif

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
None of us had ever even heard of this network before now - I don't think the odds are in our favor here.

How does the promotional group make a deal with such a fringe group?!

Reaction Score
DirecTV has it. I will be able to watch it because I do not want Xfinity cable.

How does the Periscoping APP work?

Reaction Score
I said this in a couple other threads. Have no worries fellow husky fans, I have att uverse and have axs tv I will be live streaming it on periscope.

I suggest you follow me on there so you get a notification once I'm live. My name is john_outwar

Here are the steps to add me

1. Tap the People Tab to find a list of suggested users to follow. Note: The People Tab helps you find interesting people to follow by listing ‘Featured People,’ people you are ‘Following on Twitter’ and ‘Trending’ recent broadcasts. Periscope doesn't import any of your Twitter followers or those you are following.
  2. You can search for specific people by:
    • Tapping the People Tab.
    • Tapping the magnifying glass icon on the top left on iOS and bottom right on Android.
    • Entering their name(s) in the search bar.
  3. To follow anyone, just tap the "+" icon!

Last edited:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I said this in a couple other threads. Have no worries fellow husky fans, I have att uverse and have axs tv I will be live streaming it on periscope.

That will be great, as some of us poor souls really really want to watch that game live.

Reaction Score
you are a life saver. Would I be able to hook up my computer to my TV using an hdmi and watch your periscope on that??

Reaction Score
I was ready to switch from cablevision to Frontier because on the AXS site it says Frontier has the channel in my town. But I don't see it on the frontier channel guide. I live in Milford.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
None of us had ever even heard of this network before now - I don't think the odds are in our favor here.

It's been around under a few different names. It started as HDNet. Verizon has it.

Reaction Score
you are a life saver. Would I be able to hook up my computer to my TV using an hdmi and watch your periscope on that??
There's always a drop in quality using jdm I from computer to tv but it would work yes

Reaction Score
I mentioned in the other thread that I just switched from Frontier to Comcast. The Michigan game is very important for a lot of reasons but if we lose, the rest of our tournament games will be on AXS since they will carry the losers bracket. I will most likely be at a bar Wednesday night so I can watch the Michigan game. I will be very upset if I cant watch the rest of our games if we lose.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

AXS has been broadcasting the New Orleans Jazz Fest for the past few years and that's when I first heard of it (and the fact that I can't get it on Comcast). IIRC they also put that on the internet and I was able to watch it that way, but I doubt that will be an option for these games.

Reaction Score
I just followed you @The Smart One . Thanks!!

Now I can just use my-mini-HDMI cable and connect my phone to the TV. Hope it works! Who's coming over?

Reaction Score

Awesome, thanks!

And I'm sure not many have it yet but the new AppleTV (with the App Store) has a Periscope app. So you can watch on your TV without having to airplay or connect cables.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

I suggest you follow me on there so you get a notification once I'm live. My name is john_outwar

Here are the steps to add me

1. Tap the People Tab to find a list of suggested users to follow. Note: The People Tab helps you find interesting people to follow by listing ‘Featured People,’ people you are ‘Following on Twitter’ and ‘Trending’ recent broadcasts. Periscope doesn't import any of your Twitter followers or those you are following.
  2. You can search for specific people by:
    • Tapping the People Tab.
    • Tapping the magnifying glass icon on the top left on iOS and bottom right on Android.
    • Entering their name(s) in the search bar.
  3. To follow anyone, just tap the "+" icon!
Is this something I can do on AppleTV, and do I have to sign up for Periscope, or can I just search and find your broadcast? Thanks!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Check bosscast.net before the game as well, they always seem to have streams for every game.

Reaction Score
Is this something I can do on AppleTV, and do I have to sign up for Periscope, or can I just search and find your broadcast? Thanks!

Periscope is free. i think that you have to sign up, but it doesn't cost anything.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I get AXS.tv on Xfinity in Boston so it shouldn't be that crazy for them to add it in CT.

Reaction Score
I get AXS.tv on Xfinity in Boston so it shouldn't be that crazy for them to add it in CT.
Rub it in our face why don't ya.

But seriously, I linked to the 2012 Battle for Atlantis thread a while back that indicated HDNet, which is now AXS TV, was added to CT cable channel listings a few days prior to the tournament. Hoping they do the same.

Reaction Score
Rub it in our face why don't ya.

But seriously, I linked to the 2012 Battle for Atlantis thread a while back that indicated HDNet, which is now AXS TV, was added to CT cable channel listings a few days prior to the tournament. Hoping they do the same.

What happens if they don't. Does it affect our ability to watch the replay a couple days later?...if yes, this is getting serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom