Awful performance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Awful performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I think Olander actually could have been of use in this game. I wish he'd seen more action.

Reaction Score
What I've been seeing is a team that plays as a unit ...but after we get a comfortable lead ....some players begin to think about padding their stats and we loose our rythm..

Reaction Score
I think Olander actually could have been of use in this game. I wish he'd seen more action.

The short amount of time he was in he allowed an offensive rebound for a putback so Ollie took him out immediately afterwards and put brimah in for him.

Reaction Score
this board has a misconception that in every win we need to look like the showtime lakers or something. there were a bunch of positives to take out of the game we can build on; Daniels ability to finish around the rim, Kromahs defensive potential/Ollie's rotations , and also boatrights focus.

Reaction Score
dudes so bummed out by this performance ya'll are now flat out lying, lmao
I wonder if it's lying, or just not having the vocabulary and relying on clichéd expectations for what guards do when they have a bad night.

Reaction Score
This game reminded me very much of the Maryland game. Had a good lead in the last 7 minutes and rather than use shot clock our guys are throwing up crazy shots 10-15 seconds into shot clock that they could get with 5 left. Also, great night shooting free throws but too many misses down the stretch similar to the Maryland game. I think Bazz was taking the matchup against Henlin too personal and as a result was looking for his offense a little too much often forcing shots. For us to be a great team he needs to get others involved first before looking for his offense. His assists were way down. Can't knock him too much as he is still our top clutch player and will take the W. Just concerned over the familiar pattern we are seeing of us letting big leads slip away.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
this board has a misconception that in every win we need to look like the showtime lakers or something. there were a bunch of positives to take out of the game we can build on; Daniels ability to finish around the rim, Kromahs defensive potential/Ollie's rotations , and also boatrights focus.

Come one. I don't expect that, but I do expect better decision making in a close game. How may stupid fall away jumpers did Shabazz take late in the game? They do this all the time. They fail to run the offense, and settled for terrible shots. BC outplayed the Huskies in the 2nd half, by quite a bit. They were organized, crisply moved the ball on offense and got good shots. Other than points off of turnovers and one nice pass from Bazz to Giffey in the corner for a 3, I saw almost all one on five offense. Fortunately, some of those went in.

Our three point shooting was awful tonight or it wouldn't have been so close, but aside from that poor shooting, the offensive execution was terrible and defense mediocre. I have little doubt that KO saw the same thing.

Reaction Score
Come one. I don't expect that, but I do expect better decision making in a close game. How may stupid fall away jumpers did Shabazz take late in the game? They do this all the time. They fail to run the offense, and settled for terrible shots. BC outplayed the Huskies in the 2nd half, by quite a bit. They were organized, crisply moved the ball on offense and got good shots. Other than points off of turnovers and one nice pass from Bazz to Giffey in the corner for a 3, I saw almost all one on five offense. Fortunately, some of those went in.

Our three point shooting was awful tonight or it wouldn't have been so close, but aside from that poor shooting, the offensive execution was terrible and defense mediocre. I have little doubt that KO saw the same thing.

Wholeheartedly agree... I could understand if this was a close game b/c we were missing open looks or BC was just shooting lights out or was playing great D. It was a close game b/c our offensive execution was pi$$ poor. We had many 0-1 pass possessions where either Bazz, Boat, or DD decided it was their turn to take a contested shot. When we did move the ball well, it seemed like guys (Bazz especially) were passing up good looks. There was never any cohesion offensively and it wasn't b/c BC did something great to bog us down.

Reaction Score
This game reminded me very much of the Maryland game. Had a good lead in the last 7 minutes and rather than use shot clock our guys are throwing up crazy shots 10-15 seconds into shot clock that they could get with 5 left. Also, great night shooting free throws but too many misses down the stretch similar to the Maryland game. I think Bazz was taking the matchup against Henlin too personal and as a result was looking for his offense a little too much often forcing shots. For us to be a great team he needs to get others involved first before looking for his offense. His assists were way down. Can't knock him too much as he is still our top clutch player and will take the W. Just concerned over the familiar pattern we are seeing of us letting big leads slip away.

I really thought we only took one bad shot in crunch time and it was a Bazz brick at end of the shot clock (around 2:00 left). In the last five minutes, DD got a good look from three earlier in the shot clock when the score had gotten too close to take the air out of the ball (5 points with 4 minutes left) and missed a post up late in the shot clock (1:10 left). and Bazz got to the rim once but missed in a situation when I was happy to see us still in attack mode (up 7, 4:30 left) since killing clock that soon has often led to stagnation. Bazz hit a late shot clock jumper with 3:15 left, DD had a fast break layup with 2:40 left, and Bazz did a good job drawing a foul in the final minute by attacking and not dribbling out the shot clock.

You can argue the DD three was too soon, but I liked the shot when he took it. Reasonable minds can disagree on that one, though.

Reaction Score

Agree on offense, but the defense was not mediocre. Hanlan worked a ton for everything he got, and Anderson was a very tough matchup for us given his ability to pull our bigs away from the basket. The defense was good against a good offensive team.

Reaction Score
They're in for a can o'whoopa** if they play tonight like they have the last 2. They were out-physicaled by BC if that's possible, they didn't share the ball, didn't find their hot hand in DD and didn't take open looks. Weird game and a bit scary ......... have to get Giffey more minutes and somehow design some open looks. Can't just throw him out there for a few and then yank him......he's a better option than Omar when he is playing awful on O which he was and Kromah also is because of size and D. Not really happy with much last night but we can hold out hope they turn it around tonight. If they don't it will be a long ride home from NYC after a pounding!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It wasn't a great performance, but it does show, as always, that hot shooting can make you look unbeatable while cold shooting makes you look clueless. When people talk about fundamentals of the game they talk about defense and rebounding and all the rest because those are the things you can control even on an off night. Shooting goes hot and cold, and when it goes cold, teams look bad, including us.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a great performance, but it does show, as always, that hot shooting can make you look unbeatable while cold shooting makes you look clueless. When people talk about fundamentals of the game they talk about defense and rebounding and all the rest because those are the things you can control even on an off night. Shooting goes hot and cold, and when it goes cold, teams look bad, including us.

I agree to a point but you know what also makes you look clueless.......not sharing the ball. BC did and UConn didn't and it was real evident. Needs to change tonight.......and our bigs need to HIT some people and quit getting bodied out. Hit'em first, doesn't matter if you're skinny or not, you'll still win!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Yes, we were cold from outside. So it looked to me like the guards decided that they wouldn't look for those shots, and since the offense wasn't designed to get the ball inside either, their choices were to drive or take contested shots. There was no adjustment at all. When we went cold outside there should have been a plan. Run Nolan, Brimah, Daniels up front and Giffey at the SG spot if you have to and overwhelm them with size. Do something. They would have been better off to keep shooting open 3s than taking dumb fall aways while guarded.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not going to wring my hands about that win. They had some pretty good stretches, I saw some promising things. Like vs. MD, BCU never took the lead. Just keep winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom