Away games anyone? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Away games anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
High horse? Meanwhile PSU sells 100k every weekend so there are a few ppl who laugh at u. I think there are a lot of ppl here who would give a lot of money and time and effort to uconn so that they could enjoy a weekend road trip to PSU to watch uconn play them. Your way off.

Well my sister is 16 so u got me thinking. Really, u do....

This is uconn football folks. Wvu and PSU are way beneath uconn according to fans here. We got a commit who had a temple offer that no one wanted to report on. Commits moved in today not a peep. But hey, PSU and wvu are like norwalk community college in the NCAA basketball landscape.
Well UCONN still has something I want to see rather than those colleges. But if you chose to spend your money elsewhere so be it. Does penn state or wvu have the beer selection the rent has? Do they have a dog pound ? Uconn country. That's all I need

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
1-On uconns watch a uconn football player did things wi child smut. That went on in uconns dorms on uconns Internet. I suggest u immediately stop supporting uconn.

2- no horses? Then how is coach p and gdl going to deliver all of these offers to southern kids we have no chance with?

1 - I don't like that either but it's a very different set of circumstances and you know it. UConn didn't cover that up or attempt to cover that up just to win a few more football games. Nobody knew, unfortunately. I wish they had in order to get that creep off my campus. The same can not be said for your Nittany Lion friends.

2- I'm talking about child abuse. I expect every program to grease a few kids wallets or family bank accounts from time to time. It's the NCAA world that we live in. But I'm talking about COVERING UP CHILD ABUSE. If P and GDL have to COVER UP CHILD ABUSE to land a southern kid, then I'll stop supporting UConn football. I really can't believe I have to explain this to anyone.

Reaction Score
I have already purchased my tickets for away games @SMU (50 yard line, 1st row, upper deck, $25 from Stubhub) and UCF (40 yard line upper deck, 10 row, $30 from UCF ticket office).

Anybody heading to either of those games?

Good for you WildGoph, should be great trips and games. If my Son and I go to an away game other than a Bowl game, it will probably just be up to Buffalo this year. Look forward to seeing you at the Alum dinner, chat with yaw then…

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Going down to Orlando for UCF.

Hoping the team gets bowl eligible.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
Random thought for this thread but I couldn't help myself . . . I'm wondering how many people on this board with strong negative opinions about the current state of our football program are actually UConn alumni and/or parents of young kids that play organized sports? Not to indict anyone who doesn't fall into either category, but supporting your alma mater and/or your kid's sports activities aren't about focusing on the negative. You support them no matter what. Constant negativity leads to dysfunctional behavior and poor results. Unfortunately, negativity seems to be a common attitude of some on this board and it's disappointing and hard to stomach as a loyal Husky alum and fan.

Speaking for myself, the older you get (and I'm getting there) the more you realize that bad stuff happens on a regular basis. However, you also begin to realize that it's how you respond to bad stuff that often determines how and whether you succeed or fail in the end.

Some bad stuff has certainly happened to the Husky football program recently and some of it appears to be self-inflicted by the University and some circumstances out of their control. However, I believe that one of the best things you/we can do for the team or your kids (BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT THEM IN THE END AND NOT US) is to support them through tough times. Non-support is just non-productive, and tearing down is not building up.

So, just as a suggestion and maybe a good starting point to turning things around for the team, we should start looking for the positives. There are many of them if you just look. It's amazing how positive attitudes attract positive people, and how positive people produce positive results.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
1-On uconns watch a uconn football player did things wi child smut. That went on in uconns dorms on uconns Internet. I suggest u immediately stop supporting uconn.

2- no horses? Then how is coach p and gdl going to deliver all of these offers to southern kids we have no chance with?

Of all the ridiculous things you've said comparing #1 to Sandusky takes the cake.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Of all the ridiculous things you've said comparing #1 to Sandusky takes the cake.

I agree. But there was no fun in letting him bash PSU without some crazy return volley.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Random thought for this thread but I couldn't help myself . . . I'm wondering how many people on this board with strong negative opinions about the current state of our football program are actually UConn alumni and/or parents of young kids that play organized sports? Not to indict anyone who doesn't fall into either category, but supporting your alma mater and/or your kid's sports activities aren't about focusing on the negative. You support them no matter what. Constant negativity leads to dysfunctional behavior and poor results. Unfortunately, negativity seems to be a common attitude of some on this board and it's disappointing and hard to stomach as a loyal Husky alum and fan.

Speaking for myself, the older you get (and I'm getting there) the more you realize that bad stuff happens on a regular basis. However, you also begin to realize that it's how you respond to bad stuff that often determines how and whether you succeed or fail in the end.

Some bad stuff has certainly happened to the Husky football program recently and some of it appears to be self-inflicted by the University and some circumstances out of their control. However, I believe that one of the best things you/we can do for the team or your kids (BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT THEM IN THE END AND NOT US) is to support them through tough times. Non-support is just non-productive, and tearing down is not building up.

So, just as a suggestion and maybe a good starting point to turning things around for the team, we should start looking for the positives. There are many of them if you just look. It's amazing how positive attitudes attract positive people, and how positive people produce positive results.

While you make some good points - high level Division I football has nothing in common with youth soccer.

Really the bigger problem as it relates to football there are very few things to be positive about.

I fully support the players. It doesn't mean the Athletic Department isn't a mess. I didn't go to UConn, but even if I did if you gave me the option between:
Top 20 Academics and Top 60 football
And
Top 20 football and Top 60 academics...

That isn't even a decision. Once you've been out of school for more than a couple of years you stand on your own, nobody gives a damn where you went to school. In the dozens of interviews I've had since I turned 30 nobody has ever asked what my degree is in, nevermind where it's from.

Reaction Score
I have already purchased my tickets for away games @SMU (50 yard line, 1st row, upper deck, $25 from Stubhub) and UCF (40 yard line upper deck, 10 row, $30 from UCF ticket office).

I think you might be on to something here. Just pm me with some good excuses for the missus and it's smooth sailing. We've got some concerns moving forward but this year's schedule could be our best yet with some decent travel.

Reaction Score

I'm a 40 year old UConn grad. I have kids in youth sports.

I don't think what some of us say here really matters all that much. If I'm going to ignore how I view the program and just post fluff what is the point of coming here? I call it like I see it. Unfortunately I don't see more than 4 or 5 wins this year. I'm supposed to ignore that?

cttxus

Reaction Score
I'm not talking about ignoring things or posting fluff. I agree that won't change anything. What I'm talking about is taking a more positive approach to changing things. That's all. And I think it starts with a focus on the kids, not us. Personally, having watched and read about the performances of many of the student athletes currently on the team and coming into the program, I think there is reason for optimism. They are very talented, and they want a UCONN education and to play UCONN Husky football.

BTW, regarding the affect this board has or doesn't have on our future, I operate on the assumption that many players, future recruits and their parents, as well as other people that may have an influence on our future success, read this board. Maybe I'm naive. In any event, I choose to be positive whenever possible.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
SMU... trying to get to Houston next day as well for the Texans Raiders tilt - they will have several of our guys playing and am an old time Raiders fan.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we will have a good showing for the Ucf game. If anyone wants to meet before the game pm me and we can organize something.

Reaction Score
We will be going to the Temple game. Pick up our son, 2006 UCONN grad, and his wife, in NJ on the way, and grab some cheesesteaks before the game.

Reaction Score
Sounds like we will have a good showing for the Ucf game. If anyone wants to meet before the game pm me and we can organize something.

Absolutely. Trying to go down with a few and we will be ready to hoist a few.

Reaction Score
Just don't let me drink a fifth of Glenmorangie like I did before the USF pre-BCS game. Single malt and beer (scotch) pong doesn't mix. Think I'm still drunk from that.

Reaction Score
Where/when should I buy UCF tickets so that I get in the UConn section?

Reaction Score
Just don't let me drink a fifth of Glenmorangie like I did before the USF pre-BCS game. Single malt and beer (scotch) pong doesn't mix. Think I'm still drunk from that.
No it will most likely be captain Morgan

cttxus

Reaction Score

Just purchased (5) 50 yd line seats, row 8, lower deck (section 124) for SMU. $35 + tax/seat via SMU ticketing web site. I can hardly wait. Plenty of great seats left, too. Maybe we should start a thread for this game so we can coordinate a few things.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Where/when should I buy UCF tickets so that I get in the UConn section?

Never too soon to buy the tix. Actual seats within the Uconn section won't be known until a couple of weeks before the game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

That must have been brutal. Weather was great for beer drinking but it takes a real trooper to slug down scotch during a tailgate when it's 70 degrees or more outside.

Reaction Score
Don't waste your time or money going to Philly. The place sucks.

What sucks in your mind - the City or the Linc?

Decent time @ last Temple game. Just had a good two days there a bit over a week ago. Food was great.

Reaction Score
Going to UCF and Temple games. Glad to see there will be a good turnout in Orlando; waiting to get tix through UCONN for our section--please be as intense as the Maryland game last year.

It's easy to get to the Linc and great for tailgating--don't give up on the Temple game. But consider bringing earphones to block out the incessant bird call on the PA. I thought owls were quiet...I guess it's a screech owl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom