Auburn QB Dismissed frrom Team | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Auburn QB Dismissed frrom Team

Reaction Score
Coke use is the norm on college campuses these days, especially for white kids with wealthy parents. Most of those kids are recreational users, only doing it at the occasional weekend party. Heroin would be a real "problem" that I wouldn't want to deal with.

It's definitely not the norm... It has picked up in popularity again though

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
So he was really good against LSU, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt, and against mediocre teams. And that is not better than guys who are not good against the bad teams that litter our schedule? What do you think those two would be against LSU? Schrieffs cannot play Navy every week.

Navy is not a weak opponent...

Reaction Score
Navy is not a weak opponent...
Navy's pass defense was ranked 104th in the country last year and were 117th out 128 in completion percentage given up.

But sure they are great.

Reaction Score
Ok, he is probably better than Shirreffs, but not by some crazy margin, and certainly jot by enough to take on his off the field issues. He is not the amswer this team needs.

And he also had a much better team around him than Bryant Shirreffs has ever had. Shirreffs would have had a hell of a lot better numbers at Auburn last year than Uconn (although Ints would be an issue for him still). We know Shirreffs at UConn would not have fard well, but what about with the Auburn talent around him?

Oh, amd he was 10-13 for 106 yards against Vandy. Meh.
Being accurate with throws is on the QB, drops are on the WRs, and there is no comparing the accuracy of the two.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Being accurate with throws is on the QB, drops are on the WRs, and there is no comparing the accuracy of the two.

Accuracy is challenged with an entire D Line in your face constantly after a 2-mississippi count. You dont think the terrible OLine, no running game has no impact on accuracy? You honestly dont think Shirreffs would have been better playing behind the Auburn OL?

We played behind the chains all last year. It is a lot harder to throw on 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 12 than it is on 2nd and 4.

Reaction Score
Accuracy is challenged with an entire D Line in your face constantly after a 2-mississippi count. You dont think the terrible OLine, no running game has no impact on accuracy? You honestly dont think Shirreffs would have been better playing behind the Auburn OL?
Better? probably, but we would never know because he would never have beaten White out for the job.

Reaction Score
Dude is not good. Sorry. He eats against garbage teams with a ton of talent around him. There is a reason he lost his job, it wasnt just the off field stuff.

Drew Barker, David Blough, Steven Collier, David Cornwell, Andrew Ford....

Ever heard of those guys? They were his Elite 11 counterparts that year.

Actually I've heard of Barker and cornwell as well as DeShaun Watson, Brad Kaaya and Will Grier.. LSU is a garbage team? That's good to know

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Better? probably, but we would never know because he would never have beaten White out for the job.

If you say so, but that doesnt make it fact. White is not some world beater, and no one cares about the Elite 11 4 years later.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Actually I've heard of Barker and cornwell as well as DeShaun Watson, Brad Kaaya and Will Grier.. LSU is a garbage team? That's good to know

I didnt mention Kaaya, Kizer, Grier, etc because they turned out great. My point was that plenty of Elite 11 qbs are busts, and it is meaningless when judging 4th year qbs. By that point, it only matters what they've done in college. Who said LSU was a garbage team? Surely not me. They had one of the best defenses in college football last year. I follow them religously, and stated that LSU was White's best game, by far.

Reaction Score
Why do these threads pop up anytime someone gets dismissed? Why do we want players like that in this program?!

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
How about this? If Lashlee thinks he can play and if he think he's a good fit for the program, we take him.

Enough said.

UConn doesn't have to project here...they have inside info. If he ends up at UConn it's because Lashlee thinks he is a good kid and he can help the team.

I think RE 2.0 will take more chances...and he needs to. We can't get on our high horse about kids (pun intended).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom