Auburn fan here | The Boneyard

Auburn fan here

Reaction Score
Congrats on the win and getting Castle. Huge fan of Castle and what he brings to the table.

What an epic game in Atlantis. Good luck the rest of the year and hopefully we get to play again in the NCAAT.

I was most encouraged of how well Auburn played without Flanigan. We are hoping to get him back by SEC play, but coming off a torn Achilles, who knows when or if he will get back to 100% this season

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Congrats on the win and getting Castle. Huge fan of Castle and what he brings to the table.

What an epic game in Atlantis. Good luck the rest of the year and hopefully we get to play again in the NCAAT.

I was most encouraged of how well Auburn played without Flanigan. We are hoping to get him back by SEC play, but coming off a torn Achilles, who knows when or if he will get back to 100% this season
We are pulling for you the rest of the way, selfishly of course ;).

Oh, and Parker is amazing. Enjoy the hell out of watching that kid develop this season!

Reaction Score
Torn Achilles is tough, as you might have noticed with Akok Akok this week.

You guys will be a tough out all season, Smith is the real deal.

Id take Smith over any freshman in America. When he learns to be aggressive on defense, he will be elite on both sides.

He is still so young.

Our biggest weakness is a three spot, which is where Flannigan plays. Cambridge, current starter, has elite athleticism but he more of an athlete than a bball player. But he ain't gonna stop shooting, which really hurts us at times.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
All said and done, this will be UConns best win on the resume come March. After watching basketball all week, Auburn is a top 10 team and better than any team in the Big East (besides UConn).

Reaction Score
All said and done, this will be UConns best win on the resume come March. After watching basketball all week, Auburn is a top 10 team and better than any team in the Big East (besides UConn).
Agreed but almost every team in the BE we play will be Auburn this season. Reason being, is that we are ranked and a resume builder.

Just saying, we tend to get NBA type performances from our opponents, all trying to destroy us. I really expect the BE to be very completive this year, regardless of a team's standing/ranking. There's a war coming and we better be ready for the battles.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Agreed but almost every team in the BE we play will be Auburn this season. Reason being, is that we are ranked and a resume builder.

Just saying, we tend to get NBA type performances from our opponents, all trying to destroy us. I really expect the BE to be very completive this year, regardless of a team's standing/ranking. There's a war coming and we better be ready for the battles.
No doubt the big East is good and deep. I just think from what I’ve seen, and considering auburn isn’t still complete, they will be our best win even if we run the table (which we won’t).

Reaction Score

Thanks for checking in. Fun game Wednesday for sure your depth is excellent and guards are tenacious both ends. Smith is 18 years old amazing smoothness to his game for a long big kid. Special.

Also thanks for taking the Orange apart yesterday, well done. Good luck rest of the year!

Reaction Score
Thanks for checking in. Fun game Wednesday for sure your depth is excellent and guards are tenacious both ends. Smith is 18 years old amazing smoothness to his game for a long big kid. Special.

Also thanks for taking the Orange apart yesterday, well done. Good luck rest of the year!

Our guys took yesterday personal. Marquis Daniel is an off the court coach and was our star player on the 2003-2004 team that lost to Syracuse in the Sweet 16 (our last appearance in the Tourney prior to Bruce). Also, Boeheim ran his mouth about Kessler transferring from UNC. On top of that, their bench was chirping all game.

So Smith hit that late three and starting going at the whole bench and got T'd up. It was glorious

Reaction Score
I’ve already locked Auburn into a final four spot unless they’re in our region. They’re gonna win the SEC and be in the top 10 for most of the year.

Also the next time Jabari Smith is in Connecticut, someone better buy him a drink. The disrespect he showed to Syracuse at the end of the game was hilarious.

MJ1

Reaction Score
If UConn is going to be truly back as a National power it has to go thru dethroning Villanova as Big East best. Auburn is a very good win but still not as important as beating Nova in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Nova-Auburn, Auburn-Nova... Clearly the best 2 teams we'll face in the regular season. Bonnies and Xavier (with Freemantle) probably the next 2.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If UConn is going to be truly back as a National power it has to go thru dethroning Villanova as Big East best. Auburn is a very good win but still not as important as beating Nova in my opinion.
This is perception, and I don't disagree. I also think Auburn is better than Nova, at least until Jay develops a bench.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
From a purely numbers perspective, the Auburn win will be better. But agreed to plant our flag and putting the rest of the NCAA on notice, beating nova will be more of a “statement”.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

Thank you too. Impressive team , fun game to watch but even better than all that it convinced me to send in a big bet on you beating Syracuse. And making money on Syracuse losing is only the tiniest of margins less sweet than uconn wins.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That Florida win with Bazz' team was a gift that kept on giving. Maybe like this Auburn win?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom