OT: - Aubrey's little brother | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Aubrey's little brother

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Duke's biggest game of the year... AJ Griffin has a career high 27pts on 11-17 shooting to lead his team to victory tonight. GTHC!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats! Duke beat the arch rivals in sky blue. A.J. shot 3-6 from the arc. He's still shooting 50% (36-72) on the season from distance. He's 6'6" or so with a 7'0" wingspan and moving up the draft board seemingly every week. Highlights from an earlier game:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A.J. is now 56-114, for .491. Can he teach Aubrey that shot??

I want to see a shootout between A.J. and Azzi!

Reaction Score
Thompson was before my time so I've only seen highlights of him. I do know he is widely acknowledged as the greatest ACC player of all time.. and that is saying alot.

As well as 3 other possible first round picks in the starting lineup.
I watched a Duke game the other day and was impressed with A J. Aubrie has said she played a lot of driveway one-on-one with him growing up.

I moved to NC in 1972, which was David Thompson's first year at NC State. I've watched a huge number of ACC bball games and David was for sure one of the best I saw. All players have good games and not so good games but offhand David was one of four who stuck out as being able to absolutely dominate on a regular basis. The other three being Jordan, Tim Duncan at Wake and Len Bias at Maryland.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched a Duke game the other day and was impressed with A J. Aubrie has said she played a lot of driveway one-on-one with him growing up.

I moved to NC in 1972, which was David Thompson's first year at NC State. I've watched a huge number of ACC bball games and David was for sure one of the best I saw. All players have good games and not so good games but offhand David was one of four who stuck out as being able to absolutely dominate on a regular basis. The other three being Jordan, Tim Duncan at Wake and Len Bias at Maryland.

That's 3 in the HOF and 1 who probably would have been. Impressive group!

A.J. is uber-athletic and a shooter. He'll be in the Association soon.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

What about Ralph Sampson?

Reaction Score
What about Ralph Sampson?
Yeah, Ralph was a handful. One of your own, Gman Mike Gminski was as good as anyone in the ACC in going up against him. Gminski was 4 or 5 inches shorter but heavier and stronger. Good battles between those two!

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
1972-73- UMD had one of the top 5 basketball teams in CBB. Len Elmore, Tom McMillen, John Lucas, all eventually having long NBA careers and notoriety. UMD could not get by NC State, including an epic clash late in the season, Super Bowl Sunday 87-85. NC State was knocked off in the tournament that year but they avenged their defeat and beat UCLA for the national championship in 1973-74. At that time, to gain an NCAA bid, one had to win their conference tournament. Even a regular season conference championship did not ensure a bid. So, this UMD team was left out of the tournament. Imagine that today!
That year or maybe the year after MD had all 5 starters having NBA careers.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Here's some of Aubrey's repertoire:

So what happened? At UConn always looked lost on offense, when needed against Arizona, with Nika hurt, was a non factor only played 6 minutes.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
There is a good series "The Tournament: A History of AAC Men's Basketball".

Reaction Score
Aubrey has never been a shooter. She has unusual athletic skills which makes her a demon on defense, a rebounder and a player who can excel on fast breaks. She almost never took a shot as a freshman ( other than lay up or put back ). One could see that she was "working on a shot" from mid range and distance last season, with mixed results. And this year, of course is a total loss. But I still don't expect her to become known as an accurate shooter. It would be a pleasant surprise, off course.
What’s happening with Aubrey’s rehab from back surgery, does anyone know?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom