Aubrey | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Aubrey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
It appears that she's 6th on the team in turnovers with 13, behind Makurat's 16. And she's 5th on the team in personal fouls committed with 9, tied with Crystal, and better than Makurat's 16 (yes, same number for Anna for turnovers and personal fouls).

So it doesn't appear that her fouls and turnovers are egregious.

Just FYI, Kyla Irwin has the fewest turnovers on the team, except for Molly Bent, who was on the floor half the minutes. And she's committed the fewest personal fouls (5). We're leaving out Adebayo...
Thanks for the stats update.

Reaction Score
That is basically what Caroline Doty did as a RS Snr in 2012-13, with Mo typically coming in off the bench. But in order for Kyla to continue to fill that role, she needs to be a steady presence on the court. During this last game vs Wichita St, Kyla was a little shaky, particularly with her passing.
Kyla isn't an odd duck as I sometime want to think. She passes great and then makes 2 bad passes and I wonder : Eye problems. No, but she looks at times and does not see. Nothing angers me more than any player passing into a pack of opponents or to that single opponent in the open court. It frustrates ME, think about how Geno feels
I guess the question Geno asks and we should is: Is Kyla more valuable on the floor or on the bench AND who is there that plays better than she within the sub group. Most times it is NO-ONE. However, she has to feel the foot steps come up quickly behind her. Ania, Aubrey
Molly, paradox wonderment. She plays often well if only within the system and herself. Then she makes a 7th grade player mistake/action--why? She has had thousands of hours of practices at Uconn, with playing clean up in many games, and this year as the point in more than a few games--yet she does boneheaded things that hurt the team--WHY????

Reaction Score
Love Aubrey but she remains the typical UConn frosh. 20+ points one game, sits the next. Gabby was extremely consistent with what she did offensively. Didn't have every shot but unlikely to miss if under or near basket. If Aubrey proves to have near the offensive and defensive skills Gabby did, will be thrilled.
Not so typical Frosh. Maybe typical Frosh that becomes AA. Those that made 20 in a frosh game or 3 always were among the top as Jr Sr. Aubrey is destined to be among the top group of players as a Senior She'll have the offensive and rebounding skills of Gabby, defensive?? That's a separate question. She could be better, could. We as fans often forget what Gabby looked like as a Frosh--Players like Gabby, Moriah, Swin, Aubrey are not built over night but soon.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
In the second game that Mantle faced Koufax (game 4 1963 WS), he hit a home run off of Sandy for the Yankees only run.
In the 1965 World Series, the Dodgers had this choice for starting pitcher in game 7.
They could pitch future Hall of Famer, Don Drysdale, on his normal 3 days rest, or Koufax on 2 days rest. They chose to go with Sandy. He shutout the Twins, giving up 3 hits and striking out 10.
Because of the short rest, Sandy didn't have anything resembling his normal curveball. So what did he do ? He threw 95% fastballs over the last 7 innings or so. Even though the Twins knew what was coming, they still couldn't hit it.
Statistical analysis was virtually non existent back then. But thanks to a dedicated group of baseball fans/statisticians, who inputted the data from old scoresheets, a few interesting stats have come to light.
How's this ?
The difference in lifetime road ERA between Koufax and Marichal is .01 (Marichal 3.03 - Koufax 3.04).
Nice post. I rank that Game 7 effort one of the most thrilling and mind-blowing championship game performances in any sport in modern* American sports history. Disclaimer: I was a big Koufax fan.

* Can we still call 1965 modern?

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Kyla isn't an odd duck as I sometime want to think. She passes great and then makes 2 bad passes and I wonder : Eye problems. No, but she looks at times and does not see. Nothing angers me more than any player passing into a pack of opponents or to that single opponent in the open court. It frustrates ME, think about how Geno feels
I guess the question Geno asks and we should is: Is Kyla more valuable on the floor or on the bench AND who is there that plays better than she within the sub group. Most times it is NO-ONE. However, she has to feel the foot steps come up quickly behind her. Ania, Aubrey
Molly, paradox wonderment. She plays often well if only within the system and herself. Then she makes a 7th grade player mistake/action--why? She has had thousands of hours of practices at Uconn, with playing clean up in many games, and this year as the point in more than a few games--yet she does boneheaded things that hurt the team--WHY????

I'm gonna keep reminding you until you get it or the situation changes:
Kyla has the lowest TO per minute on the team, and the best A/TO ratio by a lot.
She has the fewest fouls per minute by far.
She has the best FG% and the best 3FG%, both by significant margins.
She handles the ball well in the middle of the motion offense and sets great picks.
She is vocal on the floor, directing both offense and defense.
She has not yet been shown to be a bad defender.

Why do you keep dissing her?

Reaction Score
I’m not a UCONN fan , but I’ve grown to like Aubrey. She’s my favorite player on this team and I wish her nothing but success. I do believe she’s more athletic than gabby and more well rounded on the offensive end as well.
Everybody who posts here is at least a latent UConn fan. Especially you. Doesn't this kinda get you goin'?

1578365497787.png

Reaction Score
That is basically what Caroline Doty did as a RS Snr in 2012-13, with Mo typically coming in off the bench. But in order for Kyla to continue to fill that role, she needs to be a steady presence on the court. During this last game vs Wichita St, Kyla was a little shaky, particularly with her passing.
It was Hartley off the bench for Doty.

Reaction Score
I believe UConn fans are more satisfied with Aubrey's play so far than Tennessee is with Jordan's play this far. Aubrey plays more under control in my opinion and may possibly become a more complete player.
I watched Jordan yesterday against Kentucky and I think at this level she should play the 2 or 3.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna keep reminding you until you get it or the situation changes:
Kyla has the lowest TO per minute on the team, and the best A/TO ratio by a lot.
She has the fewest fouls per minute by far.
She has the best FG% and the best 3FG%, both by significant margins.
She handles the ball well in the middle of the motion offense and sets great picks.
She is vocal on the floor, directing both offense and defense.
She has not yet been shown to be a bad defender.

Why do you keep dissing her?
Lets see if she does it against Baylor.

Reaction Score
absolutely I’ve bookmarked every UCONN loss on YouTube as a favorite since 1999’ #Lit
Oh geez - it's so obvious. You LOVE UConn, and you've always loved UConn - and you just don't realize it yet.

I remember a guy I worked with who wore a Yankee cap to work. I told him I didn't know he was a Yankee fan. He said he wasn't - he just liked the logo. RIGHT!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom