Aubrey standing ovation interview - luv this kid | The Boneyard

Aubrey standing ovation interview - luv this kid

Pilot B52

Pilot B52
Reaction Score
Aubry was a major thorn in Baylor's side. She caused major havoc with her disruptive and aggressive play, particularly in the third quarter when Edwards had to sit. Baylor had no answer for her. She is unique.

Reaction Score
Last night's game reminds us that Aubrey was far more 4 than 3 her first two years. She stepped in and made Aaliyah's time on the bench painless. This year she was needed more on the wing and developed that part of her game, but next year she might be a versatile 4/3 that gets major minutes even if she doesn't start.

Ayanna didn't have Aubrey as a direct competitor this year so much, but next year she could be. She could be competing for playing time with Ice and Jana as well, when Aaliyah could move to the 5, and still have time to contribute on the wing as needed. Wherever she plays the ability at 4 or 3 means she will be used a great deal.

Reaction Score
Perhaps because of SoCar's dominance, the selection committee underestimated the SEC and their physical brand of play imo. Yes, I know it's one game at a time, and we must slay the OSU, but if we happen to meet another SEC team at some point in the next few weeks, Aubrey will be key.

Reaction Score
I've spent 2 years being down on Aubrey. It's the stupidest call I've ever made as a Husky fan and I gladly embrace that fact.
That’s ok, I’ve always believed that Aubrey was too “erratic & inconsistent “ to be in the starting lineup.
Coming off the bench at critical times she has ALWAYS been like a bomb going off and creating a huge headache for the opposition.
Aubrey continues to “shock & awe” with her drive and, using the word that has best described her, athleticism.
A healthy and focused Aubrey Griffin is an ace up Geno’s sleeve, to be played when it will cause the other team the most grief.
The true measure of her importance in the scheme of things is the reaction to her style of play by her teammates.
They go nuts when she “owns” the basketball, the paint, & the rim.

Reaction Score
BTW @Beemer did you know that ketchup manufacturers regionalize their ketchup recipes?

Yes. I first found out about regionalization of recipes when I ordered a soda in Tennessee. The restaurant only served Coke. Now, I don't drink Coke here in CT because it tastes God awful, but the Coke I had in TN was delicious. I couldn't believe the difference in taste. I asked about it & was told down South Coke uses real sugar but up North they use that fructose syrup instead.

Reaction Score
That’s ok, I’ve always believed that Aubrey was too “erratic & inconsistent “ to be in the starting lineup.
Coming off the bench at critical times she has ALWAYS been like a bomb going off and creating a huge headache for the opposition.
Aubrey continues to “shock & awe” with her drive and, using the word that has best described her, athleticism.
A healthy and focused Aubrey Griffin is an ace up Geno’s sleeve, to be played when it will cause the other team the most grief.
The true measure of her importance in the scheme of things is the reaction to her style of play by her teammates.
They go nuts when she “owns” the basketball, the paint, & the rim.
"Shock and Awe" pretty much describes it. Just sitting on the bench to start a game has to worry the other team. When is the bomb going to go off? Sub out someone, sub in Aubrey, and the other team is doing a "ahhh chit".

Reaction Score
Aubrey has been my favorite Husky since her freshman year. She was almost singularly responsible for the Seton Hall and Tennessee wins her freshman year. I felt that we could be like the Lakers of old with her athleticism and running the court. She does so many things that don't appear in the box scores like tipping rebounds to a teammate, forcing an opponent into a turnover, etc. She's become a much improved shooter as well.
I could go on and on about Aubrey, but I'll sum it up this way: UConn is never a better team without Aubrey in the game.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Aubrey has been my favorite Husky since her freshman year. She was almost singularly responsible for the Seton Hall and Tennessee wins her freshman year. I felt that we could be like the Lakers of old with her athleticism and running the court. She does so many things that don't appear in the box scores like tipping rebounds to a teammate, forcing an opponent into a turnover, etc. She's become a much improved shooter as well.
I could go on and on about Aubrey, but I'll sum it up this way: UConn is never a better team without Aubrey in the game.
She won the Princeton game for UConn this season

Reaction Score
Channeling Ashley Battle and the energy she brought as a "sixth man."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak