Aubrey Griffin | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
In my prognostication for the Baylor game...while it didn't happen...I did predict that both Aubrey Griffin and Christyn Williams would have great games and that Anne Makurat would find her stroke. Well, I guess you could say I was 2 for 3 and that isn't too bad. I don't think there isn't a UConn fan on the planet who isn't thrilled with the game Aubrey had today (18 points, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 9 rebounds).

This is exactly the kind of game that we are going to need from Aubrey if we are going to win games against top ten teams. I don't know if we will always be able to get 25 minutes from Aubrey...but, we are going to need Aubrey to be productive in the minutes she gets.

Anne will also be needed to make those important threes. Let's hope she continues to build off of this game.

I do not know what happened to Christyn Williams...but it seems if she doesn't get it going early she gets into a funk and disappears. Geno was right to sit her...she needs to understand that she is expected to play an important role if UConn is going to win the big games. She can't disappear if her shot isn't falling, she must find other ways to contribute...

Overall, UConn hasn't played in 11 days and it showed...Geno was right in his post game interview...they need more games to get a game rhythm going.

Aliyah, Olivia have to make those shots in the paint...those bunnies have to be made and who knows maybe you get the and one and head to the line for the old fashion 3 point play. Aliyah showed that she belongs out there on the floor with 10 points and 7 rebounds in her first start. I still see her coming off the bench especially if Anne Makurat continues to be a 3 point threat and, if Aubrey's performance is indicative of her play going forward.

I am beginning to feel for Muhl...she has had a few good looks but just can't seem to get one to fall.

Bueckers contiues to impress...playing beyond her years...her stat line was a beauty (23 points, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 5 assists and 4 rebounds)...a stat stuffer for sure. And, she is just scratching the surface of what she is capable of...how exciting is that?

Also, it will help UConn going forward if we can continue to have the balanced offense we saw today...five players in double figures and Makurat with 9.

Reaction Score
In my prognostication for the Baylor game...while it didn't happen...I did predict that both Aubrey Griffin and Christyn Williams would have great games and that Anne Makurat would find her stroke. Well, I guess you could say I was 2 for 3 and that isn't too bad. I don't think there isn't a UConn fan on the planet who isn't thrilled with the game Aubrey had today (18 points, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 9 rebounds).

This is exactly the kind of game that we are going to need from Aubrey if we are going to win games against top ten teams. I don't know if we will always be able to get 25 minutes from Aubrey...but, we are going to need Aubrey to be productive in the minutes she gets.

Anne will also be needed to make those important threes. Let's hope she continues to build off of this game.

I do not know what happened to Christyn Williams...but it seems if she doesn't get it going early she gets into a funk and disappears. Geno was right to sit her...she needs to understand that she is expected to play an important role if UConn is going to win the big games. She can't disappear if her shot isn't falling, she must find other ways to contribute...

Overall, UConn hasn't played in 11 days and it showed...Geno was right in his post game interview...they need more games to get a game rhythm going.

Aliyah, Olivia have to make those shots in the paint...those bunnies have to be made and who knows maybe you get the and one and head to the line for the old fashion 3 point play. Aliyah showed that she belongs out there on the floor with 10 points and 7 rebounds in her first start. I still see her coming off the bench especially if Anne Makurat continues to be a 3 point threat and, if Aubrey's performance is indicative of her play going forward.

I am beginning to feel for Muhl...she has had a few good looks but just can't seem to get one to fall.

Bueckers contiues to impress...playing beyond her years...her stat line was a beauty (23 points, 3 steals, 2 blocks, 5 assists and 4 rebounds)...a stat stuffer for sure. And, she is just scratching the surface of what she is capable of...how exciting is that?

Also, it will help UConn going forward if we can continue to have the balanced offense we saw today...five players in double figures and Makurat with 9.
You was 0 for 0 because that game didn’t happen and Baylor is a different plus much better team the Providence. Lol

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
You was 0 for 0 because that game didn’t happen and Baylor is a different plus much better team the Providence. Lol
Always a jokester in the group. My predictions regarding Aubrey, Christyn and Anne were irrespective of who we were playing. I just figured that all three players were overdue to break out of the doldrums. The season has been extremely inconsistent and it has been difficult to establish a game rhythm. Aubrey is simply a stud and it was bound to happen...I just hope it continues. Christyn was the best player coming out of high school she should be playing like an All American in her Junior year. Makurat is too good a three point shooter for those shots to not start falling...she just needs to keep shooting.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score
Always a jokester in the group. My predictions regarding Aubrey, Christyn and Anne were irrespective of who we were playing. I just figured that all three players were overdue to break out of the doldrums. The season has been extremely inconsistent and it has been difficult to establish a game rhythm. Aubrey is simply a stud and it was bound to happen...I just hope it continues. Christyn was the best player coming out of high school she should be playing like an All American in her Junior year. Makurat is too good a three point shooter for those shots to not start falling...she just needs to keep shooting.
Anne??? Hmm.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What the heck? Go ahead and post another "official" one if you want. How was what I did "disrespectful"?
We know that you were trying some levity on the moment with the Jamelle's handling of Geno during the time out. Some others thought that it was the real BA thread. It's one of the BY traditions that the @Kibitzer is one that declares the BA and then the discussion begins.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't think there isn't a UConn fan on the planet who isn't thrilled with the game Aubrey had today (18 points, 2 steals, 3 blocks, 9 rebounds).

This is exactly the kind of game that we are going to need from Aubrey if we are going to win games against top ten teams
That's a big ask from a bench player. Hey Aubrey we're playing USC, if you don't go 18 and 9, we lose.

Reaction Score
I believe Aubrey is capable of a double / double on any given night.

I found what Aubrey did today pretty damn exciting. This game just showed why Paige is such a force and showed what Aubrey could be. This is in part why I love blowouts. You can see different lineups and players try to extend themselves without a lot of fear of blowing a game. I feel sorry for those that can't appreciate this and are mostly concerned with wanting a close score regardless of how well a team shoots or passes.

Aubrey knocking down the shot, another play a good drive to score, and another play UCONN ran a beauty backdoor in which she went under the basket and flipped and scored - absolutely terrific.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Maybe we need a new award, possibly to be called the "Mel Thomas/Kelly Farris lunch bucket/hard hat award". Aubrey would win it just about every game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom