Aubrey Griffin | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Me likey Aubrey :) It’s like Gabby Williams transplanted her game attitude into Aubrey.

I remember seeing Swin Cash as a high schooler in the WBCA All-Star game and she was a defensive terror. My husband turned to me and said, “I love her game. She’s going to be a good one”. Well, ditto Aubrey.

Reaction Score
Me likey Aubrey :) It’s like Gabby Williams transplanted her game attitude into Aubrey.

I remember seeing Swin Cash as a high schooler in the WBCA All-Star game and she was a defensive terror that game. My husband turned to me and said, “I love her game. She’s going to be a good one”. Well, ditto Aubrey.
Yes Aubrey can score in numerous ways .. IMHO today was the tip of the iceberg, eh?

Reaction Score

I remember seeing Swin Cash as a high schooler in the WBCA All-Star game and she was a defensive terror that game. My husband turned to me and said, “I love her game. She’s going to be a good one”. Well, ditto Aubrey.
It's great you saw the Aubrey we expected out of HS where she excelled in her Gabby-esque play including Gabby's defense. She's a keeper.

Reaction Score
Under Geno she will be a star. She does remind me of Gabby, even the hair style.

1572811066915.png

Reaction Score
I will sell my magic beans to the poster who predicted AG as leading scorer

Reaction Score
That would be me! haha .. she has so-ooo many ways to put up points .. the ultimate 'garbage man' .. eh? .. a scoring machine... AND she plays DEFENSE!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Scorers we got; Aubrey is one of those players that doesn’t need to score to have a big impact.

Aubrey might not be needed to score but she will get her fair share of points. She seems to have a nose for the ball.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aubrey might not be needed to score but she will get her fair share of points. She seems to have a nose for the ball.

Geno in his post game basically said she has a nose for the ball and goes after rebounds. A skill you cant teach. Then geno put it thus'

Right now, she is like a puppy dog. Go get the ball. :)

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Aubrey played 18 mins, 6 rebs, 2 asts and 10 pts ... very impressive
It better be just the tip if your "leading scorer" declaration is going to happen.
Well of course Jingo is going to be wrong about Griffin being the leading scorer (which is a good thing), but that's a really nice game for her to come out of the gates with. If she could end up being our 5th leading scorer, that would be very impressive.

Reaction Score
Def has a nose for finding the ball...but the poster that said leading scorer...I think Meg will have a lot to say
Geno in his post game basically said she has a nose for the ball and goes after rebounds. A skill you cant teach. Then geno put it thus'

Right now, she is like a puppy dog. Go get the ball. :)
Points schmoints, I'm more interested in how many noses this talented young Husky has. I'll bet there's a strong correlation between # of noses and # of championships. ;)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As I watched Aubrey tenaciously defend and rebound all over the court yesterday, a couple different thoughts occurred.
  • I watched each of Aubrey’s last 4 games with Ossining HS, in which she scored 30+ and filled up the stat sheet in each game. She didn’t play a lot of defense in any of those games. Somewhere between those games and yesterday’s game Aubrey got the message that if you want to play for Geno, play defense and rebound.
  • I can not help but speculate that Aubrey receives a lot of guidance from her father Adrian who is one of those wonderful stories of an overachiever who cobbled together a pro career as an undrafted free agent with stops in Europe & the G-League prior to a 9 year career in the NBA with numerous teams and now as an assistant coach with the world championship Toronto Raptors. Who better to teach Aubrey about hard work and the ability to adapt in order to succeed.
  • In another thread I indicated my surprise that Aubrey accompanied Crystal & Megan in the post game presser. I can not remember another freshman who ever was allowed to come out to answer questions in a post game presser after her first game in a UConn uniform. That tells me that Geno felt strongly enough about her effort and performance to reward her with some well deserved PR.
  • Assuming that Evina is still ineligible, I would not be surprised if Aubrey get’s the start in the next exhibition game over Anna. Either way, she’s earned a lot of PT.
  • Finally, if Aubrey can earn a starting role with UConn she has the potential to be yet another NDPOY some day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom