Aubrey Griffin Making an Early Impression | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Aubrey Griffin Making an Early Impression

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Shes an un tried and not so true Freshman and historically Geno need Frosh to build trust with him---no trust no start. That's Geno.
Ahh, finally the one word I have been looking for this entire post. Trust. Trust is the operative word in Geno's offense. As you all know Geno does not run the typical sequential options offense, but a read and react offense. Everyone must see and respond appropriately. You get to play offense when your teammates can TRUST you to respond and be in the right place and do the right thing at the right time. It's hard for freshmen players to grasp. If AG can learn to play defense and offense in the flow of the team so that her teammates trust her responses, she will play and if not , not. Athleticism will only get you so far. The delightful Gabulous One was the most athletic player for 4 years, but her playing time was limited in the beginning. I expect AG to play superbly. Just not at the beginning. Hopefully by February.

Reaction Score
Ahh, finally the one word I have been looking for this entire post. Trust. Trust is the operative word in Geno's offense. As you all know Geno does not run the typical sequential options offense, but a read and react offense. Everyone must see and respond appropriately. You get to play offense when your teammates can TRUST you to respond and be in the right place and do the right thing at the right time. It's hard for freshmen players to grasp. If AG can learn to play defense and offense in the flow of the team so that her teammates trust her responses, she will play and if not , not. Athleticism will only get you so far. The delightful Gabulous One was the most athletic player for 4 years, but her playing time was limited in the beginning. I expect AG to play superbly. Just not at the beginning. Hopefully by February.
Going back just a few years---and prior to that there many cases of this trust issue--Moriah Jefferson as a Frosh at the end of that Frosh year going into the NCAA's tourney the team's guards all went to Geno and said TRUST her. He played her more and in some game was rewarded for that trust . If it took him that long to trust Moriah---why think he'd be more trusting of Griffin??
My best guess is he shall TRUST Griffin long before the tourney.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That is surely a stretch! Like the pot to the kettle, I think you might be projecting with that comment.
While the bulge may be large, I prefer not to call it a pot---nor do I like kettle. Call it what it is --overeating.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
While the bulge may be large, I prefer not to call it a pot---nor do I like kettle. Call it what it is --overeating.
While you may battle your bulge, as most of us do, I would not classify the struggle
as "eristic". :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
While you may battle your bulge, as most of us do, I would not classify the struggle
as "eristic". :rolleyes:
I am trying very hard to not be that way this season. But I'd rather bulge than fight I'd do more deferring than presenting an eristic attitude. but that's just me not being me.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I am trying very hard to not be that way this season. But I'd rather bulge than fight I'd do more deferring than presenting an eristic attitude. but that's just me not being me.
"To thine own self , be true." B'way. :) Polonius would not steer you wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom