Reaction Score
Region finals:
Lexington KY: 3349 (-61%)
Sioux Falls SD: 4055 (-12%)
Bridgeport CT: 9008 (+1%)
Dallas TX: 6050 (-15%)

Semi avg : 7282
Finl avg: 5616 (-23%)

I'm surprised Baylor didn't get more of its fans there, but that maybe be because it's a Monday. Dallas is roughly the same distance from Waco that Bridgeport is from Storrs.

Reaction Score
I'm surprised Baylor didn't get more of its fans there, but that maybe be because it's a Monday. Dallas is roughly the same distance from Waco that Bridgeport is from Storrs.

Except UConn doesnt have a ton of fans in Storrs. I'm sure the majority of the B-port fans were from Fairfield/New Haven areas.
Also, game time in Dallas was 8 pm.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Except UConn doesnt have a ton of fans in Storrs. I'm sure the majority of the B-port fans were from Fairfield/New Haven areas.
Also, game time in Dallas was 8 pm.

Very good points. It also occurred to me after I posted that Baylor doesn't quite command the entire state in the same way UConn does Connecticut.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bridgeport was sold out, and tickets for Monday were going for well over $100 on StubHub. Did that happen anywhere else?

Reaction Score
Bridgeport was sold out, and tickets for Monday were going for well over $100 on StubHub. Did that happen anywhere else?

With the exception of Bridgeport, no arena in any round was close to capacity.

Reaction Score
Yep, UCONN is really bad for WCBB.:D

Note that doesnt mean UConn had the highest attendance; it's partly a function of the small Bridgeport arena.

The opening rounds in South Carolina had more people, but that arena holds 17 or 18k.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I loved the energy and atmosphere of the arena but a few things...

Getting around inside of it was AWFUL. The hallways were too narrow and getting from point A to point B took well over 5 minutes, which is bananas. And getting the food at the pub was a 20 minute wait. They had one person preparing the food.

Getting out after the game was AWFUL. we ended up having to park in the parking garage and were on the 5th floor. It took 45 minutes to get out. Getting in and out of Hartford is many times easier.

for those reasons I like Hartford much better. I know that a lot of Fairfield county people were able to make it being it was much closer, but it's just too small an arena.

Had the games been in Hartford, I'm betting attendance of at least 15,000 for the last game would have been realistic...

Reaction Score
Note that doesnt mean UConn had the highest attendance; it's partly a function of the small Bridgeport arena.

The opening rounds in South Carolina had more people, but that arena holds 17 or 18k.

Of 40 total sessions, 16x2+4x2.
So. Carolina had 1st & 2nd with 10,276 & 10,048 @ $23 for both sessions.
Bridgeport was 3rd&4th with 8,898 & 9,008 both sessions: $63.50​
No need to qualify, Fairfield County has been ba, ba, ba Baaaaaad to the Bone! And SoCar deserves a lot of credit for what they're doing. In retrospect, the team probably should have done a walk around the perimeter after the regional final, a lot of fans stayed/ it took time to get out of there.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I loved the energy and atmosphere of the arena but a few things...

Getting around inside of it was AWFUL. The hallways were too narrow and getting from point A to point B took well over 5 minutes, which is bananas. And getting the food at the pub was a 20 minute wait. They had one person preparing the food.

Getting out after the game was AWFUL. we ended up having to park in the parking garage and were on the 5th floor. It took 45 minutes to get out. Getting in and out of Hartford is many times easier.

for those reasons I like Hartford much better. I know that a lot of Fairfield county people were able to make it being it was much closer, but it's just too small an arena.

Had the games been in Hartford, I'm betting attendance of at least 15,000 for the last game would have been realistic...
Dude, park in Stratford and take the train. ;)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Maybe the Sun would be a better venue. :)Ample free parking just an elevator ride from the arena. Lots of choices for no wait food and drink and fast egress after the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom