Attendance | The Boneyard

Attendance

Reaction Score
Round 1 average = 4500. I'll compile R2 later.

upload_2017-3-21_14-37-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-3-21_14-35-14.png
    upload_2017-3-21_14-35-14.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 35
Reaction Score
Surprising (to me) consistency across both days for many of the sites.
Exceptions to this were:
UConn & Maryland, which had much higher attendance, and
Kentucky & Duke, which were notable lower.

Ore St & Texas also had decent night 2 bumps.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Glad to see the CT attendance went way up. Interesting that it was so low on Saturday. Great to see fantastic attendance at Washington, and SC as well.

Reaction Score
Glad to see the CT attendance went way up. Interesting that it was so low on Saturday. Great to see fantastic attendance at Washington, and SC as well.

A sure blowout and 11 am start don't help.

Reaction Score

That 11am start time didn't help Saturday attendance.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I was really pleased w/ the attendance both nights in Seattle.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Students were also off I believe the week before the game? ND supposedly had that issue as well.
Surprised that6 KState did so poorly, they packed the house when we visited. Wonder if schools with men's teams dancing were hurt by that? Surprised by the Baylor numbers.
Washington and Oregon State did themselves proud, and SC is no surprise. Nice to see Miss State up there as well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND's attendance numbers were similar to last year's, but I have to think they could have drawn way more on Sunday with an earlier start time.

Reaction Score
Students were on spring break on Saturday. They were GIVEN thousands of tickets for Monday.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
We won't have to worry about attendance in Bridgeport....the arena has been sold out since the 9th...days before the bracket was even revealed!

MD fans (per an article source) are upset and don't believe it's fair that they have to pay higher prices now for tix bc the arena has none left. They say it's not fair for UCONN to get all these "home games" Fair? MD talking about fair? Well my response is stop filling your schedule with cupcakes and start beating big time teams and become the overall number 1. Then they can have all they want. It's not about what's fair. Win games and make statements. They were already rewarded with home games in opening rounds. Was that fair to the visiting teams? Of course it's fair, you prove your worth and you too shall be rewarded.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Vowelguy - saw those numbers and was actually surprised they were that high because the TV shots showed a ton of empty seats - I suspect there are a bunch of KY fans that just didn't show and fans that left before the second game or came in after the first.

Reaction Score
Of course viewers tend to see the seats behind the 2 benches - if those were assigned to Texas and Stanford, then things will look worse.

Reaction Score
Either way, weak attendance at the regionals should end any discussion of neutral sites for the opening rounds.

Reaction Score
IMO we should be selling out any venue that UConn plays at in the state of Connecticut.
We have the greatest women's college basketball program of all-time (sorry - not sorry Tennessee).
We are so lucky to have this program and we take it for granted. Our girls are rock stars!
This is just my opinion.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Anyone else surprised by the low attendance at Texas?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
According to the box score posted by OSUw Stockton was a very round 4500 in attendance.

Reaction Score
According to the box score posted by OSUw Stockton was a very round 4500 in attendance.

Most being Oregon State fans.

The women's committee needs to change their entire strategy when it comes to selecting regionals/Final Four. Why would Lexington, KY be selected when the Kentucky men's team is a perennial title contender? There may be less than 4000 people there tomorrow for the ND-Stanford game because Lexington will be busy watching the KY men.

The top 5 programs in WCBB basketball right now are UConn, ND, Baylor, Stanford, and South Carolina. The current programs on the rise with fan support are in the Northwest (Oregon, Oregon St., Washington) and Mississippi State. Throw in maybe Maryland and my 4 choices for regionals would all come within 50 miles of those campuses. Anything else is asking for poor attendance. The teams deserve better.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And OKC with the committees local team 3128

Reaction Score
Surprising (to me) consistency across both days for many of the sites.
Exceptions to this were:
UConn & Maryland, which had much higher attendance, and
Kentucky & Duke, which were notable lower.

Ore St & Texas also had decent night 2 bumps.

I'm not surprised. With lower interest in WBB, timing of the tournament and poor placement of teams, it's a recipe for disaster.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom