Attendance this weekend | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Attendance this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's why weddings are supposed to be in late spring/early summer. No chance of conflicting with football or basketball season. :eek: There should be a law...

Reaction Score
I may miss a game next year. My daughter scheduled her wedding on a Saturday. Who ever heard of that? There may be a though decision to make on that Saturday, lol

Ummmm... you have some work to do w/ your future son-in-law - no?

Reaction Score
3 in Sect 229 available.

Could not be less than Memphis last year. I stayed till the end. There were less than 50 people there when I walked out.

Reaction Score
Ummmm... you have some work to do w/ your future son-in-law - no?
Lol. They are actually season ticket holders too. He's a good guy. I will have fun with this though.

Reaction Score
I'll wager 10k attendance. We'll be down to the hard core.

Reaction Score
Our 3 man crew will be there. I've never left a UConn game early. This could be a first depending on the wind chill and score at the end of the Third Quarter.

Reaction Score
kids are basically giving away their tickets on 'buy or sell' - not looking good. Then again, student section has been traditionally empty past couple seasons.

Thinking 25-30% turnout in our crew. Damnit.
Last day of classes in Storrs is Friday, then the mass exodus for Thanksgiving week vacation. Only local student diehards (a.k.a. my son) will attend.

Reaction Score
That's why weddings are supposed to be in late spring/early summer. No chance of conflicting with football or basketball season. :eek: There should be a law...
Daughter got engaged in October after 7 year courtship. Wedding date is Jan. 10th. She knew not to mess with football season.

Reaction Score
Would LOVE to do the hockey/football double-header but woman planned a trip to NYC a while ago. :( Had to blindly give her what she wanted. Brought her to some UConn hockey and football games already.

Reaction Score
bring 'em with you! :)

I brought my son to a night game one year in December and this is how he ended up.
Never again!
image.jpg

Reaction Score
I have a full crew this time (which is odd because I usually don't).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Our 3 man crew will be there. I've never left a UConn game early. This could be a first depending on the wind chill and score at the end of the Third Quarter.
There have been colder night game in UConn's history. Heck there have been colder DAY games!!!

Reaction Score
There have been colder night game in UConn's history. Heck there have been colder DAY games!!!

I think the record and maybe even the opponent makes this the coldest game.

Reaction Score
There were many cold games, night game after thanksgiving, about 8 years ago. So cold the cheese froze on the nachos before I could get to my seat and a noon game where the syrup froze on the way to the pancakes. Many more in between to numerous to mention, but those are the ones that stand out to me.

I'm sure people can think of many also.

Reaction Score
Why don't people show up is ti the whether or students don't come and support the team, I'm a student now so and I think I would support the team If we had one. or alum don't care or a bad season or early winter or some one or two of these things together. do they have huskys at the games? I love Huskyies more then any other dog and I would come out just for the dogs and also for the game who cares what the weather is. weather is just whether.

Ahh to be young again. Are you related to Chap?

Reaction Score
hi and I think you are talking to me are you? iFF you are talking to me let me say how nice I have a message board friend now al though I wont gbother you because I talk to much all the time and at least that is what every body sez I do so every body cant be wrong or at least it is not likely. Why am I not invisible to yu? I keep getting messages saying I'm invisible I dont' know why but that'is what it sez. I'm sorry I am talking to much again and I don't know Chap. No wait you did not ask me if I know him but am ii related to him. no I am not related to Chap.

Perhaps you are related to Husky Fan Dan? Do you know what capitals and periods are for and are you sure you are attending UConn.

Reaction Score
ohoh I did it again and I'm invisible again to normal visitors and. I don't even know what that means. Tell me the truth am I in trubel because I just got her and I like huskies and everything and I know a lot about football, well college football not so much pro football, but college and I bet I can name ever big time team with out help in all the big time leagues or conferences I mean.

Amy - I like Pro football too but college football, especially in a good year has all the best in entertainment value. College football is all about enthusiasm, energy and pride. Pride for your school, state, colors, mascot, band, cheerleaders, students, alumni, stadium, turf, conference, coaches, players, all wrapped up into one. When your team is doing well and headed to the playoffs, it's a beautiful thing. When your team is losing, making mistakes and the stadium is cold and empty it is more difficult because the emotion goes south and you get a bad feeling in the pit of your stomach. In spite of that (4 straight losing years at UCONN) the true fans (many on this board) hang in their with the team and support them even when the going is tough because that is what TRUE fans do. The true fan remembers the good times at UCONN. The opening of the Rent and the win over B1G Indiana in it's inaugural year. Wins over Baylor and RGIII, South Carolina in the Papa John Bowl and who would ever forget the huge victory over Notre Dame in South Bend. Then of course there was the trip to the Fiesta bowl against Oklahoma. Although it was a difficult loss, we all got to see UCONN playing D1 football on the biggest stage under the brightest of lights. Those days and better will come again. Those loyal fans who hung in through thick and thin when the going was tough will experience great joy and satisfaction, because they never quit on UCONN! You are welcome to join us Amy!

Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99