Attendance this fall for WCBB games | The Boneyard

Attendance this fall for WCBB games

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Approximately 7300 fans were in attendance last night at the Staples Center to watch the Clippers/Mavericks game. The day before, there were about 2000 fans in attendance to watch the Sparks/Sky game next door in the LA Convention Center.

So-Fi Stadium (Rams & Chargers), and Alligiant Stadium (the Death Star), home of the LV Raiders are both predicting sell out crowds this coming season. Next week (June 15), California will rescind all previous COVID-19 restrictions state wide.

Per MSNBC news, Connecticut has already opened up gyms, restaurants and other businesses to full capacity. There should not be any restrictions on UConn playing before capacity crowds at Gampel Pavilion or the XL Center 5 months from now.

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Appro 7300 fans were in attendance last night at the Staples Center to watch the Clippers/ Mavericks game. The day before, there were about 2000 fans in attendance to watch the Sparks / Sky game next door in the LA Convention Center.

So-Fi Stadium (Rams & Chargers, and Alligiant Stadium (the Death Star), home of the LV Raiders are both predicting sell out crowds this coming season. Next week(June 15) California will rescindall previous COVID-19 restrictions.

Per MSNBC news, Connecticut has already opened up gyms, restaurants and other businesses at full capacity. There should not be any restrictions on UConn opening up Gampel Pavilion or the XL Center 100%
5 months from now.
The Vegas Golden Nights have had 100% attendance for the last two playoff games. They are the first NHL team to do so and it is so nice to see.

Reaction Score
Appro 7300 fans were in attendance last night at the Staples Center to watch the Clippers/ Mavericks game. The day before, there were about 2000 fans in attendance to watch the Sparks / Sky game next door in the LA Convention Center.

So-Fi Stadium (Rams & Chargers, and Alligiant Stadium (the Death Star), home of the LV Raiders are both predicting sell out crowds this coming season. Next week(June 15) California will rescindall previous COVID-19 restrictions.

Per MSNBC news, Connecticut has already opened up gyms, restaurants and other businesses at full capacity. There should not be any restrictions on UConn opening up Gampel Pavilion or the XL Center 100%
5 months from now.
Sports events and stadiums are operating at 100% capacity. The Hartford Yard Goats games for example have been full capacity since May 19th, and most of the big universities so far have come out and said they will be 100% capacity for football games this fall. Unless something really crazy happens, I'd expect things back to normal for the upcoming season.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
You can only imagine the excitement that the players will have to play in front a full house after last years cutouts and recorded crowds. The fans will have double the enthusiasm to greet and cheer on the returning and incoming players. The first home game will be unbelievable.

Carnac

Reaction Score
UConn is also requiring every student to be vaccinated before attending classes or moving into dorms this coming academic year. Joins many other Connecticut colleges and universities in requiring vaccination to attend.
Herd immunity is a wonderful thing, and is effective if managed correctly and efficiently. :) The higher the level of immunity, the larger the benefit. This is why it is important to get as many people as possible vaccinated.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You can only imagine the excitement that the players will have to play in front a full house after last years cutouts and recorded crowds. The fans will have double the enthusiasm to greet and cheer on the returning and incoming players. The first home game will be unbelievable.
For some schools they may want to keep them cutouts, just move them up a few rows to increase attendances in some arenas. ;)

Reaction Score
One would think the WNBA would allow their arenas to have more people, considering that they need all the fans they can get. I heard they're allowing them on 6/26, but it makes 0 sense that the Phx Suns have an almost packed arena when the Merc play in front of a HS crowd-which goes for many other cities. Totally stupid and the W being too woke for it's own good.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
With the co-vid situation not great in some parts of the country, lets hope that the BE doesn't come up with their own blanket capacity requirements that over rule state actions.

Reaction Score
With the co-vid situation not great in some parts of the country, lets hope that the BE doesn't come up with their own blanket capacity requirements that over rule state actions.
If it comes to it, I would hope they could compromise and limit it to students only or something like that.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
If it comes to it, I would hope they could compromise and limit it to students only or something like that.
That wouldn't be right either. If we, as a state, keep this under control, our student athletes and fans deserve to attend the games after the struggle of last year. We shouldn't be penalized for the inaction of other schools and states.

Reaction Score
I love WC softball, no matter who is playing.
My wife and I really enjoy it. I am starting to follow it almost as much as Women's basketball. We found ourselves cheering and really into it this year. Loads of fun.
I still have a lot to learn about the game strategies though!

Carnac

Reaction Score
Looking forward to beating SC in front of there 12,000 plus fans
The Gamecocks play their home games in the Colonial Life Arena. The Colonial Life Arena is a multi-purpose arena in Columbia, South Carolina, primarily home to the University of South Carolina men's and women's basketball teams. Opened as a replacement for the Carolina Coliseum with the name Carolina Center in 2002, the 18,000-seat arena is also host to various events, including conferences, concerts, and graduation ceremonies. It is the largest arena in the state of South Carolina and the eighth largest campus college arena.

It's a good bet that it will be sold out when UConn comes to town. ;) UConn will be the BIGGEST game on the Gamecock's home schedule this year, especially after losing to them in overtime last year.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The Gamecocks play their home games in the Colonial Life Arena. The Colonial Life Arena is a multi-purpose arena in Columbia, South Carolina, primarily home to the University of South Carolina men's and women's basketball teams. Opened as a replacement for the Carolina Coliseum with the name Carolina Center in 2002, the 18,000-seat arena is also host to various events, including conferences, concerts, and graduation ceremonies. It is the largest arena in the state of South Carolina and the eighth largest campus college arena.

It's a good bet that it will be sold out when UConn comes to town. ;)UConn will be the BIGGEST game on the Gamecock's home schedule this year, especially after losing to them in overtime last year.
Can't wait. Over on the dark side, Volnation is also mentioning that game and looking forward for SC knocking the crap out of us. Someone over at the "Cardboard" actually called us the evil empire. At first I was offended, but now that I let it settle in, I liked it. Sometimes it feels good to be the bad guy, means we are back, we are ready to invade a hostile arena and kick butt. Paige, lead the way.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Can't wait. Over on the dark side, Volnation is also mentioning that game and looking forward for SC knocking the crap out of us. Someone over at the "Cardboard" actually called us the evil empire. At first I was offended, but now that I let it settle in, I liked it. Sometimes it feels good to be the bad guy, means we are back, we are ready to invade a hostile arena and kick butt. Paige, lead the way.
While there are still several energetic anti-UConn posters in VolNation, I really sense an overall decline in their number. Sadly, many LV fans have begun to accept the reality that they are a good, but not great team, that is unlikely to win another NCAA championship or even SEC championship anytime soon.

One thing that really surprised me is how little attention was paid to the renewal of the UConn-TN rivalry for the next two seasons. The postings on VolNation were limited, and seemed far more resigned than hopeful. Quite frankly, I kind of miss the good old days when all LV fans loved to hate UConn.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Good post baldy. You have to laugh when you read comments like that coming from Tennessee fans. It’s not hate as much as it is “envy”. They don’t like Geno or UConn.

While they have had to endure years of decline of their team, they had to watch with disgust and envy as UConn won 6 national championships, and two long consecutive game win streaks. They love it when we lose. They would like to beat us if they could, but will relish in a UConn defeat no matter who does it.

They would love to win 5-6 national championships in the next 10 years, and put together a 111 (or close to it) game win streak because UConn did. I’m not saying it will never happen, just saying that it won’t happen in our lifetime.

I must admit, a Tennessee loss ALWAYS puts a BIG smile on my face, and always will. :D

Law of the jungle: lions are never concerned about the wants, needs or fears of the antelope. While they hate and despise Geno and UConn, they would love to trade places with us.

Last edited:

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
While there are still several energetic anti-UConn posters in VolNation, I really sense an overall decline in their number. Sadly, many LV fans have begun to accept the reality that they are a good, but not great team, that is unlikely to win another NCAA championship or even SEC championship anytime soon.

One thing that really surprised me is how little attention was paid to the renewal of the UConn-TN rivalry for the next two seasons. The postings on VolNation were limited, and seemed far more resigned than hopeful. Quite frankly, I kind of miss the good old days when all LV fans loved to hate UConn
The current LV players did not grow up knowing about the rivalry, and even if they did, they didn't live it. Same with their fans, as I can pick out who lived it and who did not. A few say they hate UConn but they don't know why, they just follow the crowd. They talk a good game, they know the new players, they follow the recruiting even more than the boneyard does, and yes, unlike us, they can be vicious in their comments. Please don't ban this because I'm just trying to make a point that they show the passion, but many believe that they can bring back the pride and scariness of their program overnight. The old guard, and you know who you are if you are reading this, know what it takes. They lived through the Pat era, and they know that Kellie Harper can bring them back, if they have patience. I hope that our games with them continue as I know they do have pride and an annual butt kicking from us will create passion.

Carnac

Reaction Score
The current LV players did not grow up knowing about the rivalry, and even if they did, they didn't live it. Same with their fans, as I can pick out who lived it and who did not. A few say they hate UConn but they don't know why, they just follow the crowd. They talk a good game, they know the new players, they follow the recruiting even more than the boneyard does, and yes, unlike us, they can be vicious in their comments. Please don't ban this because I'm just trying to make a point that they show the passion, but many believe that they can bring back the pride and scariness of their program overnight. The old guard, and you know who you are if you are reading this, know what it takes. They lived through the Pat era, and they know that Kellie Harper can bring them back, if they have patience. I hope that our games with them continue as I know they do have pride and an annual butt kicking from us will create passion.
Harper and Warlick wanted desperately to resume the series. The reason why is obvious. Having UConn on their schedule every year gives credence to their program. They are ultimately trying to get into the top 3 ranked positions nationally that UConn is already at. Other than the revenue UConn will derive from these games, they don’t need to play Tennessee.

Remember the old adage: be careful what you wish for.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom