Attendance Predictions??? | The Boneyard

Attendance Predictions???

Reaction Score
Although the split of Hartford/Gampel games isn't out yet (nor has the full home schedule even been released), do you think the Huskies can sell out Gampel for every home game this season? Hartford pretty doubtful because of the sheer capacity, but with pent up demand from us fans "sitting out a year", curious as to everyone's thoughts about Gampel games. Have at it friends.

Reaction Score
As long as Paige stays healthy and/or they keep winning, heck yes. I've seen on some blogs and Facebook pages from UConn students that aren't even focused on sports at UConn that they are totally anticipating going to watch Paige play. She's got a following that seems to transcend the basketball team. Just my observation.

Reaction Score
Unlikely.
Entirely dependent on the virus.

With Delta on the rise right now, do I think 10K UConn WBB fans (which skew older) would be willing to go to a sold out arena?
N-o.

Hopefully in 22-23.

Reaction Score
Do we know what the attendance limits will be, if any? Up to capacity or reduced numbers due to Covid?
I would assume capacity, unless UConn imposes its own limits. Connecticut doesn't have limits on anything.

Reaction Score
I don't know how much of a negative impact Covid will have, but if this was a normal year, I would expect this team to outdraw the last two pre-covid years for a variety of reasons. For one, Paige is the kind of superstar player and personality that can be a draw by herself. Much like say Michael Jordan with the Bulls.

During the Bulls glory years there was the usual base of fans that were Bulls fans, whether Jordan was there or not, and then a substantial number of Jordan fans that rooted for the Bulls because that was the team he played for. Paige has the capability to add to the fan base in a similar way, Paige fans that because of her become Uconn fans. Azzi might be able to have a little impact like that as well.

Also in more general terms, I think this group of kids is very likeable. As a group they appear to be very competitive, work hard at their craft, are good teammates, pass to the open player etc, and are very easy to root for. That should be a boost for attendance as well.

Reaction Score
I have season tickets for the XL. Earlier this month I did the "improve your seats" thingy and I could not find any seats better than what I already had (no surprise). What impressed me was the number of seats worse than mine. It looked like the XL was about 3/4 sold out with season ticket holders. Will it completely sell out? Who knows. There will be covid no shows...

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
As vowelguy stated earlier, fan age concentration will be an issue. We were season holders for both venues and have been to so many playoffs, that it's clear the age for ALL of WCBB is similar.
Yes, Paige is a huge draw and these kids are magnificent to watch, but will that translate to Covid disregard? I think not. It will be interesting to see attendance at other popular team's venues. (SC for one!)
The wife and I are both vax'd but have seen too many "breakthrough" cases, to be lax with our protection. "Breakthrough" cases are by and large weak symptomed (is that a word?) but fearful all the same.
The season can't start soon enough for any of us but safety is still paramount for all of us, including players and staff. Our team can't afford an injury nor sickness of any kind. Go UConn!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have season tickets for the XL. Earlier this month I did the "improve your seats" thingy and I could not find any seats better than what I already had (no surprise). What impressed me was the number of seats worse than mine. It looked like the XL was about 3/4 sold out with season ticket holders. Will it completely sell out? Who knows. There will be COVID no shows...
I think the preseason games can sell out a the XL Center. IF UConn is winning, and IF they are playing a top 10 team THAT combination should be enough for a sell out. It's my understanding that some fans are more apt to the XL for a game that won't go to Gampel, especially during weekday night games in the the dead of winter because of the logistic challenges of exiting the parking structure and Storrs after the game. The "walk-up" fans should buy up the remaining tickets at the XL for UConn women's games.

The UConn ticket office reported they have sold over 1100 NEW season tickets this year. Folks want to see the new and improved UConn women's basketball team for 2021-2022. Paige and Azzi alone are worth the price of admission. I look for this year's attendance to be the best in recent years. I expect any ticket to a UConn WBB home game this season to be the hottest ticket in town.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have season tickets for the XL. Earlier this month I did the "improve your seats" thingy and I could not find any seats better than what I already had (no surprise). What impressed me was the number of seats worse than mine. It looked like the XL was about 3/4 sold out with season ticket holders. Will it completely sell out? Who knows. There will be covid no shows...

I had the same experience. I had a pretty good XL seat for the 2020 season and upgraded to a better one before the 21 season, never getting a chance to sit in it. I tried again this season but nothing better was available even though I only have 1 seat. I'm really looking forward to this season.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
The big games will be sellouts barring Covid. These next few years are going to be a really great show. Its like having Babe Ruth twice. This is another very special time in UConn WCBB history and more records will be made.

Reaction Score
RPI in Schenectady, NY has announced that only RPI staff, students and faculty will be permitted to attend athletic events held on campus. I think many other schools will follow with something similar.

Reaction Score
RPI in Schenectady, NY has announced that only RPI staff, students and faculty will be permitted to attend athletic events held on campus. I think many other schools will follow with something similar.

Hockey is the only D1 sport at RPI. They are DIII in everything else according to Wikipedia. I agree that many schools will do the same but no P-5 schools. At least not unless the pandemic surges.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom